View Single Post
Old 01-09-09, 04:25 PM   #116
cgjimeneza
Captain

Downloads: 145
Uploads: 0
Default spanish and portuguese

they share the same root, latin but as of being similar, no way don Jose.

and you dont want to get us involved on "spanish" issues, you would be amazed, spanish changes strongly from country to country, accents, names for things.

sometimes neighborign countries speak quite different flavors, I shuold know, I was born in El Salvador, studied in ES, Costa Rica and Panama all the way to high school, attended college in CR and both my younger brothers did their school and college in Panama.... and we get confused sometimes.

having to choose a spanish version is difficult, whose spanish, who checks meaning, we would get different versions per country, count on it

LOL

o riendo dando vueltas en el suelo.

:hmm:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Heat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins
I was just amazed at the number of Spanish speaking (and Portugese, a very close relative) people were on SUBSIM and amazed that although nobody complains about the German language in the game, almost as many people whose first language is Spanish visit here and we have complaints about spanish. I just think we should support all languages that we can, while making mods able to supply the desired language.

I don't think the mods conform to that goal yet, but I think its something we could all work toward. I was shocked that the Swiss were #2. Where are our Italian mods? One of our greatest modders is Brazilian and speaks Portugese. Let's have Portugese conversions for at least the popular mods!

Back in the dark ages, when I was an outboard motor mechanic a wise man told me that just about anybody could do 90% of the job, but that last 10% was the difference between a customer who paid his money and never returned and a satisfied customer who would return for all his future work. That has proved to be true in all my pursuits through life. It's not enough to serve the 90%. We need to respect the last 10%. Just my opinion, but I'm right!
Hello

My personal propose its only to inform or show how many countries speaks or have as official language the Portuguese in this world...nothing more, thank you!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portuguese_language

"Left on their own, engineers can be dangerous"
cgjimeneza is offline   Reply With Quote