View Single Post
Old 12-21-08, 05:56 PM   #1
XabbaRus
Navy Seal

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Default DCG Campaign Winter War 1939 160th IAP AAR.

Finally got this one going after stupid AI got me killed a couple of times.

I'm a Mladshiy Lietenant put in command of the 160th IAP. While the Nazis plough through Europe we here are having our own little war with the Finns.

Today we are to be flying CAP over our airfield. To be honest I'm not expecting much, the Finns didn't put up too much resistance and out I-16 Type 18 prevailed.

We ascended to 4000 metres and began our patrol. Over the radio I could hear the I-16s from Kronstadt circling over Leningrad. Strange as the Finns had never struck that far before. A U-2 was also off on a recon flight, alas we heard some calls for help over the radio and he hasn't returned. We believe he was hit by the 405's which turned up nearby. We quickly took our revenge but in the melee I got split up and the second Zveno took them out. As luck would have it a couple of flights of G. 50s turned up. Using my Rata's small turning circle I was able to line up on one and gave it a quick burst. They must be poorley armoured as he dived straight into the ground with no apparent damage and I saw no chute. The second of the day got a 2 second burst which lit his engine up. No doubt about that one. The third and final one for the day was quite quick and easy though I had to reprimand my wingman for shooting over my shoulder. I had 4 kills now, did it look like I needed help?!?!

After that we went after the bombers that had snuck in but by that time we were short on ammo so we RTBed. My wingman needs some lessons in flying, he followed me right down to the runway to belly land just as I was touching down. The Rodina can't afford to waste planes....

pics to follow...

Last edited by XabbaRus; 12-22-08 at 06:08 PM.
XabbaRus is offline   Reply With Quote