View Single Post
Old 12-19-08, 09:03 PM   #44
CaptHawkeye
Weps

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Task Force
Only issue Im having is that my battlecruiser gets its big a** kicked and the British battle cruiser (who looks like swiss cheese) inst even listing. (and Ive hit its aamo locker too/damaged some of its guns.)
Hits right into a magazine aren't guaranteed to make it blow up. Even in pre-Jutland British with crappy flash fire security. That's honestly what I love about games like this. Their is no "headshot".

Anyway, my first campaign as the Kaiserliche Marine is essentially over. I ambushed Hood's battlecruiser squadron and ruled it. The next morning sure enough Beatty and Jellicoe were on my fleet. My lack of destroyers meant his light ships were able to get close to mine and break the line apart thus ending the HSF. Hipper and Sheer were both killed, though I did managed to kill Beatty and Hood as well. Jellicoe is going to be a lonely man. What did I learn?

A. Keep the Scouting Force and HSF in the same Task Force. Seperating them is just a nonsense way to get one of them killed. You don't really need to use the SF for long range recon anyway since the Zeppelins are way better at it. Though they're still quite usefull for detached pursuit and local scouting.

B. Do not sacrifice your DDs. I had been hoping the promise of light forces meant i'd see more destroyers and cruisers but it did not translate into that. German DDs aren't as good as British DDs so their only real hope is to keep close to the capital ships.

Don't get me wrong, if the enemy presents you with a golden oppurtunity for a torpedo attack, go with it. Just be cautious about it.

C. The British have Armoured Cruisers and you don't. This means the British have an excellent medium vessel that they aren't afraid to use frequently and it can still kick the ass of all your lighter forces. Armoured Cruisers are also surprisingly durable. I think of all the vessels in the game, they are sunk or even heavily damaged the least. Armoured Cruisers are real Jack of All Trades. They're too small and manueverable to be frequently hit by primaries, yet they are too well defended for your light ships to deal with them.

Last edited by CaptHawkeye; 12-19-08 at 09:10 PM.
CaptHawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote