SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Comments to SUBSIM Review (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=172)
-   -   Multi-Quote (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=173515)

Sailor Steve 08-11-10 11:48 PM

Multi-Quote

How does the Multi-Quote function work? In the old days if we quoted a post that had a quote in it, both were quoted together. With Multi-Quote I get the two posts in sequence, and if I do it wrong the wrong one is on top and I have to move them around. I don't get it.

Raptor1 08-12-10 03:10 AM

The Multi-Quote thing quotes multiple posts, not one inside the other.

For example, if I were to Multi-Quote this and the OP, I'd get:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 1465530)
How does the Multi-Quote function work? In the old days if we quoted a post that had a quote in it, both were quoted together. With Multi-Quote I get the two posts in sequence, and if I do it wrong the wrong one is on top and I have to move them around. I don't get it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raptor1 (Post 1465582)

For example, if I were to Multi-Quote this and the OP, I'd get:

Supposed to help when one is replying to multiple posts. I think quoting quotes within quotes was cut because posts eventually got ridiculously long (Most forums do it, too).

Supposed to help when one is replying to multiple posts. I think quoting quotes within quotes was cut because posts eventually got ridiculously long (Most forums do it, too).

Lionclaw 08-12-10 03:11 AM

It seems to be that you click the multi quote button for the posts you want to quote.

If you press it, the + changes to a - on the button, indicating that the post has been selected for multi quote.

I've never really used it but it was something I noticed when I clicked it.

Someone else may have a better explanation. :)

Jimbuna 08-12-10 09:16 AM

You can change the order in which each quote is arranged according to the sequence you click on them.

Sailor Steve 08-12-10 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raptor1 (Post 1465582)

That's what I was getting, and thought I might be doing it wrong.

Quote:

I think quoting quotes within quotes was cut because posts eventually got ridiculously long (Most forums do it, too).
Good point, and most likely correct. Sometimes I miss it though.

Thanks all! :sunny:

Takeda Shingen 08-12-10 03:04 PM

I really do not miss the pyramid quoting. That thing would make threads nearly impossible to read.

frau kaleun 08-12-10 03:30 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It seems to be that you click the multi quote button for the posts you want to quote.

If you press it, the + changes to a - on the button, indicating that the post has been selected for multi quote.

I've never really used it but it was something I noticed when I clicked it.

Someone else may have a better explanation. :)
You can change the order in which each quote is arranged according to the sequence you click on them.
That's what I was getting, and thought I might be doing it wrong.

Good point, and most likely correct. Sometimes I miss it though.

Thanks all! :sunny:
I really do not miss the pyramid quoting. That thing would make threads nearly impossible to read.
I agree completely. :O:

Takeda Shingen 08-12-10 04:02 PM

My......eyes........:dead:

FIREWALL 08-12-10 04:14 PM

WHAT !!! Steve your supposed to know all this stuff so I, can quickly ask YOU how to do this. :haha:

Sailor Steve 08-12-10 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FIREWALL (Post 1466060)
WHAT !!! Steve your supposed to know all this stuff so I, can quickly ask YOU how to do this. :haha:

Says the computer expert to the total dweeb. :nope:

This is a classic case of the pot calling the teacup a toaster. :O:

frau kaleun 08-12-10 09:38 PM

I like toast.

EDIT: OMG when did I pass 4000 posts? I missed a chance to start a totally pointless thread filled with spam and amusing displays of e-peen. :wah:

frau kaleun 08-12-10 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frau kaleun (Post 1466240)
EDIT: OMG when did I pass 4000 posts?

Oh wait. I'm pretty sure it was somewhere between not getting any work done yesterday, and not getting any work done the day before that. :yeah:

krashkart 08-12-10 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frau kaleun (Post 1466240)
I like toast.

EDIT: OMG when did I pass 4000 posts? I missed a chance to start a totally pointless thread filled with spam and amusing displays of e-peen. :wah:

Quote:

Originally Posted by frau kaleun (Post 1466244)
Oh wait. I'm pretty sure it was somewhere between not getting any work done yesterday, and not getting any work done the day before that. :yeah:

Your complimentary spam tin awaits:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=173551

:salute:

Jimbuna 08-13-10 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frau kaleun (Post 1466244)

LOL :DL

You could be somewhere in the region of 6k by the time you reach your first anniversary here :sunny:

Arclight 08-21-10 11:28 AM

Was thinking something like that too... better get ready to defend that record. :hmmm: