SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Comments to SUBSIM Review (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=172)
-   -   Album and Download thumbnails are now working (23/3/10) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=165756)

Onkel Neal 03-21-10 07:21 PM

Album and Download thumbnails are now working (23/3/10)

Can anyone research vBulletin and php and help me see why the album abd downloads thumbnails stopped working since the server migration? I know there are lots of people here smarter than me... help! :yep:

The Enigma 03-22-10 12:39 AM

Quote:

Can anyone research vBulletin and php and help me see why the album abd downloads thumbnails stopped working since the server migration? I know there are lots of people here smarter than me... help!
Hi Neal,

Without denying your statement about us being smarter then you :smug: a question back:

Haven't you dropped this question at the vBulltin support site or the user forum of vBulletin?

Those guys may be even smarter then all of us here :yep:

Onkel Neal 03-22-10 12:57 PM

:damn:vBulletin does not offer much support, and their forums are very unhelpful. Most of the questions are unanswered. I still am waiting for a reply to my problem with thread ratings.

And then there is the typical idiot who posts "I am having this issue, it is doing this and this,,,,," and then a week later returns to post "Ok, I found the solution" but then they don't share it :x

I found a tip that my php compile may be missing the GD library, I am working on learning how to add that.

frau kaleun 03-22-10 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal Stevens (Post 1327351)
Can anyone research vBulletin and php and help me see why the album abd downloads thumbnails stopped working since the server migration? I know there are lots of people here smarter than me... help! :yep:

I just assumed it was a change made to ease the burden on the system. Is it too late to complain that they're missing? :O:

The Enigma 03-22-10 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal Stevens (Post 1328392)
:damn:vBulletin does not offer much support, and their forums are very unhelpful. Most of the questions are unanswered. I still am waiting for a reply to my problem with thread ratings.

And then there is the typical idiot who posts "I am having this issue, it is doing this and this,,,,," and then a week later returns to post "Ok, I found the solution" but then they don't share it :x

I found a tip that my php compile may be missing the GD library, I am working on learning how to add that.

That's not good.
I would gladly help, but I don't know that much of PHP and linux (I need to learn it though, but keep postponing it :oops:).
I'm MCSE certified, but that doesn't help you right now.

Do you have a test system setup, where you can safely try things out?

Sailor Steve 03-22-10 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frau kaleun (Post 1328438)
I just assumed it was a change made to ease the burden on the system. Is it too late to complain that they're missing? :O:

:rotfl2:

For the new kid on the block, you sure do fit in well!:rock:

frau kaleun 03-22-10 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 1328830)
:rotfl2:

For the new kid on the block, you sure do fit in well!:rock:

:D

Actually, if I'm going to lodge a complaint I should probably start another thread for it.

:hmmm:

Or maybe a poll!

Onkel Neal 03-22-10 09:55 PM

I'm working on it. Found some info on adding the library, but there's some kind of "exclusion" in the php.ini file, and I really have no idea what to do about it. I don't want to BREAK it. So, I am looking into a php guru, if he will ever answer my email....

Onkel Neal 03-23-10 12:16 AM

Allrighty, fixed! :()1:

The Enigma 03-25-10 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal Stevens (Post 1329341)
Allrighty, fixed! :()1:

Glad you could solve it. :yeah: