SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   PC Hardware/Software forum (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=235)
-   -   Cryengine 3 on the console (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=151096)

kiwi_2005 04-26-09 04:31 AM

Cryengine 3 on the console

Why test it on a console or why even go there :hmmm:. Wheres the PC version!

Cryengine 3 demo video
http://gdc.gamespot.com/video/620697...emo-video?hd=1

Arclight 04-26-09 10:20 AM

Noooooooooo! :wah:

Et tu, Crytek? :(

NeonSamurai 04-26-09 11:50 AM

Heh we knew that was coming for a while now after they whined about the sales for the game not being so good (what did they expect with a game that most computers can hardly run, let alone run well).

Of course now they can't use the excuse that our computers suck if it runs like crap on consoles :O:

SUBMAN1 04-26-09 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeonSamurai (Post 1091039)
...Of course now they can't use the excuse that our computers suck if it runs like crap on consoles :O:

Of course the opposite will be true - they will dumb down the graphics for consoles and it will run like crap on our PC, to the tune of only semi-fun gameplay and no wow factor - guaranteed to flop.

-S

Task Force 04-26-09 01:42 PM

Well, maby the PC version of cryengine 3 will be more optimised than CE2.

Now what will crysis2 be about.:hmmm:

SUBMAN1 04-26-09 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Task Force (Post 1091069)
...Now what will crysis2 be about.:hmmm:

Aliens. Duh! :D

-S

Task Force 04-26-09 02:00 PM

Aliens... (where do the all come from, that ship aint that big.) Wonder if the kpa are going against or with us.:hmmm:
And if the island was nuked? how is whats her name gonna live with the raidiation.

Dowly 04-26-09 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Task Force (Post 1091077)
Aliens... (where do the all come from, that ship aint that big.) Wonder if the kpa are going against or with us.:hmmm:
And if the island was nuked? how is whats her name gonna live with the raidiation.

Come on, it's EA we're talking about here. They gonna come up with something stupid, hype it to world's end and collect the money. :O:

SUBMAN1 04-26-09 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Task Force (Post 1091077)

No the ship isn't, but if you were paying attention to the story from the original Cysis, you would have heard them talk about the ship as being a 'doorway' to the aliens universe.

Something just smacked me up side the head - if there is more than one Universe, would we still call it 'universe' and not multiverse? :06:

-S

Arclight 04-26-09 06:44 PM

And the ship was a giant power sink; all the energy (and presumably radiation) got soaked up and caused that sphere to expand.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dowly (Post 1091086)
Come on, it's EA we're talking about here. They gonna come up with something stupid, hype it to world's end and collect the money. :O:

Actually it's Crytek, EA does publishing only. But Crytek has just demonstrated that they are perfectly capable of screwing up what could have been a great trilogy... at least if the PC version is gonna be a port, and it sure looks like that's gonna be the case. :hmmm:

What's the point in faithfully buying games if they just bring the next installment to consoles. I should demand my money back. :S

Reece 04-26-09 08:02 PM

I heard down the grape vine that MS is trying to push gaming out of the PC altogether & Windows 8 will no longer cater for them,:hmmm: that would suck.:cry:

SUBMAN1 04-26-09 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reece (Post 1091217)
I heard down the grape vine that MS is trying to push gaming out of the PC altogether & Windows 8 will no longer cater for them,:hmmm: that would suck.:cry:

Well your grape vine is a little twisted and convoluted. I know people that have moved on to the Windows 8 project and there is no such talk. DirectX will continue.

-S

Reece 04-27-09 02:19 AM

That's a relief!!:yep: I'll be letting them know.:doh::DL

Dowly 04-27-09 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arclight (Post 1091192)
Actually it's Crytek, EA does publishing only.

I think we all know how big part of game's developement is affected by a big publisher like EA. ;)

HunterICX 04-27-09 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dowly (Post 1091321)
I think we all know how big part of game's developement is affected by a big publisher like EA. ;)

Developers: Look here EA we have a new engine developed.
*shows EA beautifull graphics and effects in a sandbox editor*
EA: Good, now the game is finished tommorow.
Developers: But....story, gameplay..and and..
EA: TOMMOROW!

HunterICX