SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Helosim.com and Flight Sims (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=216)
-   -   IL2 and .ntrk's (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=144864)

Kratos 11-25-08 01:16 PM

IL2 and .ntrk's

Anyone know of a fix, or the reason why,once recorded and during playback of .ntrk the skins revert back to default? This has been bugging me for a while now. Started a new co-op mission last week p40's v's zeros and the first .ntrk showed the custom skins,but every .ntrk after that went back to default skins :damn: thought i would ask before i take drastic measures and go http://www.msnpro.com/animated/18.gif

Dowly 11-25-08 01:50 PM

Check if in your conf.ini under the [Game] setting, your ClearCache= is set to 1. If so, put it to =0, that way the downloaded skins/pilot skins will never be deleted from the netcache.

If that's not the case, then I have no clue, never happened to me... :hmm:

Kratos 11-25-08 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dowly
Check if in your conf.ini under the [Game] setting, your ClearCache= is set to 1. If so, put it to =0, that way the downloaded skins/pilot skins will never be deleted from the netcache.

If that's not the case, then I have no clue, never happened to me... :hmm:

Thx for reply Dowly, dont have ClearCache= in my conf. ini :hmm:
[game]
Arcade=0
HighGore=0
mapPadX=0.6689453
mapPadY=-0.046875
viewSet=34
Intro=1
NoSubTitles=0
NoChatter=0
NoHudLog=0
NoLensFlare=0
iconTypes=0
eventlog=eventlog.lst
eventlogkeep=0
3dgunners=1

thats all i got there m8 :-?

Raptor1 11-25-08 02:01 PM

Add it to list, the game might clear the cache by default unless you tell it not to

WTF is HighGore?

Kratos 11-25-08 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raptor1
Add it to list, the game might clear the cache by default unless you tell it not to

WTF is HighGore?

I'll add it and see what happens :up:

High gore can be set to show blood and guts when a pilot gets shot up ;)

Raptor1 11-25-08 02:08 PM

If that is the problem, I don't think it will fix your old tracks, just prevent it from happening to new tracks

Kratos 11-25-08 02:17 PM

Right first two test runs everything looks A-ok.... cheers lads :up:
Yea i realise that it might not fix older trks ;)
oh! i might have exaggerated the guts bit on high gore ;) but it suppose to show more blood or summit, never tried it myself.

Dowly 11-25-08 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kratos
but it suppose to show more blood or summit, never tried it myself.

There's few planes from the original IL2 Sturmovik that has the blood effects, 2-3 planes or so. Also, on some planes you see the pilot dead, crouching over in the cockpit. The unified installer adds more the pilots shown as crouched over to, I think, every plane, as long as the highgore is set to =1.

Kratos 11-25-08 03:03 PM

Gah!! Betty Swallox..:damn: dont work again, skins going back to default :x

Kratos 11-26-08 03:40 PM

Thats it, Drastic measures need to be taken :damn: cant be having this.Watching playbacks of tracks is crap with the default skins,gonna do a reinstall, hope i remember to back up the most vital files :hmm:

Kratos 11-29-08 05:41 PM

Well thats done it :smug: ... total fubar ..reinstalled and the frickin!! skins still go to default :huh: and iv'e lost all my nice settings :damn: teamspeak keeps kicking me out, and i fell down the stairs going for a fresh beer, Anyone wanna buy some lucky white heather ;)

Sledgehammer427 11-29-08 08:30 PM

i'm sorry, the last heather I knew was recently diagnosed as a nymph...ill give u ger number :rotfl:

HunterICX 11-30-08 11:31 AM

Great to hear your problem has been fixed :up:

HunterICX

Dowly 11-30-08 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HunterICX

HunterICX

No it isnt. :p

HunterICX 11-30-08 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dowly
Quote:

Originally Posted by HunterICX

HunterICX

No it isnt. :p

:doh:D'oooooh.....:88) red only the first part of the line....was a bit hasty to catch my favorite doc on TV
Me feel dumb

HunterICX