SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=232)
-   -   Ive been Torpedoed. (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=140463)

Task Force 08-07-08 12:57 PM

Ive been Torpedoed.

I was playing with the pocket battleship sailing along. And got a aircraft spotted popup. So I got my crew to start fireing at the plain. But it was to late. I saw a little black thing drop in the watter make a splash and then it started comeing at me at full speed. So i put my rudder hard to port hopeing it would hit my ship in a bad angle and be a dud. Well it hit me in the perfect place and my ship totaly blew up into a fire ball. Just a big red flame. Shortly after I sunk.:huh: I finaly see what it is like to be torpedoed.:rotfl:

elanaiba 08-07-08 01:11 PM

I'm not sure and can't be bothered to check if aircraft torpedoes have dud settings.

Other than that, excellent :)

Task Force 08-07-08 01:18 PM

Yea and when this happend I had the sound up.:rotfl:

Gigalocus 08-07-08 01:30 PM

How did you get the AA guns working? For me ... the crew are happy to just sit around and get sunk

Task Force 08-07-08 01:39 PM

Make sure there is a guy in the AA slot. and make sure you have the Ingauge incomeing targets on.;)

Rockin Robbins 08-07-08 02:19 PM

What we want to know is do you have the replay file? Can you make us a video?

Task Force 08-07-08 03:38 PM

Replay File? Hhm I dont think so. But try the single mission where you test the guns with the PBS and dont ingage the fighters let them come at you and drop there torpedos then start fireing.;)

Petur 08-07-08 05:44 PM

Can i ask.. i remember the pocket battleship mod but where was it? and does it replace some other file? (never used a mod)

Herr_Pete 08-07-08 10:35 PM

i was torpedoed off midway in Bismarck. Heading to Peral to cause some havok when a swarm of torpedo bombers starting terrorising me. It actualy is a gutting feeling being torpedoed lol now we know ho the lil generic sailors on the cargo ships feel lol

Task Force 08-07-08 10:41 PM

How mant Torpedo planes were there. Today I actualy lived through two torpedo hits.:lol: This would be even funner to have a MP battle between a person commanding a sub and a person commanding a Battle ship.:D

SteamWake 08-08-08 10:27 AM

Huh... Ive seen a goodly number of 'torpedo planes' but usually they just drop iron bombs.

Havent seen one actually drop a torp yet.

Then again I dont stay on the surface for long when aircraft are spotted.

Task Force 08-08-08 11:16 AM

Cause were useing those battleships that dont dive.:yep:

LeeVanSpliff 08-09-08 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Task Force
Cause were useing those battleships that dont dive.:yep:

Those are the WORST kind of battleships!

Task Force 08-09-08 10:54 PM

Just Imagine if battleships could dive.:rotfl: Bismark would be have been safe. All that armor protection underwater, Could help it survive A dc attack.;)

Sailor Steve 08-09-08 11:25 PM

Bismarck could dive...and did!:rotfl:

As the man said, "Any ship can dive. Only a submarine can surface again."

When I was a kid I always pretended my toy battleships were giant subs. Spaceships and aeroplanes too.