SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=232)
-   -   Game keeps crashing (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=136982)

ivank 05-18-08 03:57 PM

Game keeps crashing

whenever i try to use a U-Boat in the single mission or try to start a career the game crashes. whats wrong?

Rockin Robbins 05-19-08 07:48 AM

Welcome Ivank! How about the laundry list of computer configuration and mods installed. Then we can put the dogs on the scent. Most are not having problems, as you most likely know. But being an exceptional person, you have exceptional problems. That's what Subsim is for. Trot out the info and we'll see what we can do.:88)

Fincuan 05-19-08 08:39 AM

Let me guess, you are using TMO? If yes, then read the readme or the first page in the TMO thread. That's a known problem and there's an easy solution.

Welcome to Subsim if I haven't alreay said that :up:

ivank 05-19-08 01:58 PM

no TMO, i have PE3,E4.4a,Admiral Scheer PBB, HK Alantis, US Oiler, german voice fix. 1.5gb ram, 500gb hard drive, XP2, nvida GTX 7900(i think)

Doolittle81 05-19-08 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ivank
no TMO, i have PE3,E4.4a,Admiral Scheer PBB, HK Alantis, US Oiler, german voice fix. 1.5gb ram, 500gb hard drive, XP2, nvida GTX 7900(i think)

Try disabling PE3. Please report back your results.

Also, are you by any chance using "John Hamm's Uniform MOD"?

DeepIron 05-19-08 02:15 PM

First, assuming your using JSGME,
1. unload all your mods
2. do a file comparison to be sure that no mod files got left behind
3. then start a stock game to rewrite your sh4 configuration.

4. Install either PE3 or EE 4.4a. To begin with, I don't think the two are completely compatible when installed one over the other. Second, there are explicit instalation instructions for PE3. Be sure to read them and install the mod correctly.

5. Test your system. If it fails, then the issue is PE3 or EE 4.4a (which ever you installed) and the problem is there.
6. If it works, install your other mods one at a time then retest each one.

If you install mods in this fashion, it will give you better information on which one might be giving you trouble and you can communicate the issue more completely than:
Quote:

whenever i try to use a U-Boat in the single mission or try to start a career the game crashes. whats wrong?
Good luck. :up:

ivank 05-19-08 03:00 PM

now it only crashes after long periods of game play. and when in the career mode. but i dont have any uboats in career mode only the HK Alantis shows up.
kinda off subject: how come when i make a mission using the mission editor; under units it says unkown as i try to select a mission?

Doolittle81 05-19-08 10:40 PM

Quote:

now it only crashes after long periods of game play. ...

Are you saying that you disabled PE3 and the result is better...but not perfect?

Or what other Mods did you move/re-enable to achieve the better performance?

ivank 05-20-08 04:59 PM

no i disabled them all. and then reenabled them and the results are near perfect now. but the single player mission thing is annoying

peabody 05-20-08 06:16 PM

Quote:

no i disabled them all. and then reenabled them and the results are near perfect now. but the single player mission thing is annoying

Sometimes if it shows as 'Unknow' it means you saved a German mission as an American mission or the other way around.
If you choose a German sub to play and then save it as an American mission, it won't know what the sub is and will show 'unknown'

Or it could mean you wrote a mission with a mod that is not enabled.

Peabody

DavyJonesFootlocker 05-21-08 07:34 AM

Ah, Mr. Peabody you no longer stinky Bilge Rat you now stinky Watch Officer.:lol:

I suggest you uninstall SH4 and re-install then load up mods and don't use two environmental mods. Try Environmental Mod 4 or PE3 (if using optional mods follow sequence instructions in the readme file and then defrag your hard drive.

If this works send cheque or money order to: DJFL c/o Carrerra Island Prison, Cell Block #22.:rotfl: