SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=232)
-   -   Sh4 U-boat Missions Can't... (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=135151)

FIREWALL 04-15-08 04:18 PM

Sh4 U-boat Missions Can't...

SH4 U-BOAT MISSIONS D\L can't be burned to CD\DVD and used at a later time.

I tried and got error message.

Fresh install SH4 +patch + burned U-BOAT Missions dvd= ERROR.

bigboywooly 04-15-08 04:21 PM

Should burn :hmm:
Esp as a data disc

Lucky I got mine on disc then

FIREWALL 04-15-08 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigboywooly
Should burn :hmm:
Esp as a data disc

Lucky I got mine on disc then

That's why I bought one on ebay $12.00 +$3.00 shipping.

Got burned by UBI on preorder SH4.

Learned my lesson.:yep:

ReallyDedPoet 04-15-08 04:33 PM

Worked for me with the add-on. Did the same with Rome:Total War, that worked as well.

RDP

FIREWALL 04-15-08 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reallydedpoet
Worked for me with the add-on. Did the same with Rome:Total War, that worked as well.

RDP

Hi RDP :D

What worked for you the d\l ?

So did mine. But not when burned to disk.

Syxx_Killer 04-15-08 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FIREWALL
SH4 U-BOAT MISSIONS D\L can't be burned to CD\DVD and used at a later time.

I tried and got error message.

Fresh install SH4 +patch + burned U-BOAT Missions dvd= ERROR.

If that's the case then that pretty much seals the deal. I don't want to spend the money, even if it is only $10, and not be able to back up the software. :nope:

ReallyDedPoet 04-15-08 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FIREWALL
Quote:

Originally Posted by reallydedpoet

RDP

Hi RDP :D

What worked for you the d\l ?

So did mine. But not when burned to disk.

Yeah, I burned it to a disc, then installed it on another computer using the disc. Did the same with RTW.

RDP

FIREWALL 04-15-08 06:19 PM

While I was off site I tried 4 times with no success on 2 different burners.

I know for sure it's not a hardware problem.

I must have a different d\l version I guess.

Anybody else confirm a d\l to burn to disk.

starbird 04-15-08 07:18 PM

The file you download doesn't care what you do with it. Its just a file. Make sure the file will fit on your disc. A dvd will have plenty of room to spare. Also make sure you are burning as a data disc.

I would recommend putting your cd key in a text file on the disc, that way if you have the disc you have the key and you can just copy/paste. And make at least 2 copies, incase one disc decides to die in a year or so.

[edit] It seems the problem is installing from the disc and not burning? I have no idea what could caues that, other than a bad burn. Try copying the file to your hdd first, then run the installer.

silent killer 04-16-08 11:44 AM

dl add on

:D i had no problem dl the add on or burning it to a cd-r

Wilcke 04-16-08 02:24 PM

Try this...execute the Addon and direct it to install to a folder called "SH4_UBM", it will install all the guts for the Addon, with proper file directory structure. Compress it up with WinRar.

Then burn it to CD/DVD. Thats all! Your done!:up:

Quillan 04-16-08 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilcke
Try this...execute the Addon and direct it to install to a folder called "SH4_UBM", it will install all the guts for the Addon, with proper file directory structure. Compress it up with WinRar.

Then burn it to CD/DVD. Thats all! Your done!:up:

Would that make it JGSME ready? :p

kiwi_2005 04-16-08 05:45 PM

Do you use Nero - pack it as a data disk option burn and she should work or use a tool like CloneCD and make a image then just burn that image to disk. If that doesn't work last resort i do is zip the whole contents into one zip file and burn that zip to a disk never fails. When you want to use it just unzip it.

wetwarev7 04-18-08 08:07 AM

I did not have any problem downloading and burning to disc either. I just used the WinXP drag-n-drop then 'write these files to disc' method.

I agree with the above post regarding, it's just a file. It does not care what media it's on. I would do a checksum or other method to check to see if the file is not getting corrupt during the burning process.

I sometimes wonder if the bigger more complex burning software programs are not quite as reliable as the WinXP default burner.....

Syxx_Killer 04-18-08 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wetwarev7

I agree with the above post regarding, it's just a file. It does not care what media it's on. I would do a checksum or other method to check to see if the file is not getting corrupt during the burning process.

I sometimes wonder if the bigger more complex burning software programs are not quite as reliable as the WinXP default burner.....

That is what is happening to me. I burned to two different discs and (one twice now) and kept getting errors. I use Nero and have it check the data after burning. I just burned UBM for the third time now and the data verification came back ok. Before it kept failing saying the file changed. I went to Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Event Viewer and then to System in Event Viewer. I noticed that I was getting errors for my DVD+RW drive saying it had a bad block. I don't know what that means and I hope it isn't dying because I really haven't used it much (is a 3 year old Lite-On). I ran a disc cleaner through it and the errors disappeared. Maybe Firewall's drive just needs to be cleaned. :hmm: