SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=232)
-   -   Crew Voices Eeekk! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=131752)

Spaxspore 02-26-08 09:37 PM

Crew Voices Eeekk!

Ok, so i got the game today. Installed fine and so forth, everything is great, however there is one thing that is drivin me nutz.... the crew voices.

They are all speaking in english with the exact same voices that you would hear under the american campaign.

Am I missing something? Is there in option to enable german speaking voices in the uboat addon, or do i import the sound from sh3?

Hmmm anyhelp would greatly be appreciated...

UPDATE- I backed up the orginal speach folder from sh4, and copyied over sh3s, works great.. so if anyone wants to be as athentic as possible this is how.

V.C. Sniper 02-26-08 09:52 PM

Videos plz?? :yep: :yep:

Spaxspore 02-26-08 11:05 PM

no vids, dont have time to compress them from source uncompressed AVIs, but i could post some screens @ 1920x1200 res

maerean_m 02-26-08 11:51 PM

When the 1.1 patch was released, there was also a patch with german voices that you can download from here.

Spaxspore 02-26-08 11:58 PM

Thankx for the link, but i installed it from a clean install and then installed uboat, which patched it from 1.00 to 1.05... and its not included in the patch? Or I suppose its a standalone addtion?

Reece 02-27-08 12:25 AM

Quote:

When the 1.1 patch was released, there was also a patch with german voices that you can download from here.
Is there another link, that one appears to be dead.:-?

LukeFF 02-27-08 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reece
Is there another link, that one appears to be dead.:-?

It's working again, at least for me.

LukeFF 02-27-08 02:05 AM

"Wrong version of the game. The patch cannot continue."

Errr....

CCIP 02-27-08 02:50 AM

I guess I'll see when it gets here.
But if there's no language select option - oof, there's something to
patch right there I think!

Should be pretty easy to fix it if it's just a matter of moving the sound files, though.

Reece 02-27-08 04:14 AM

Going again and got it!:up:

M. Sarsfield 02-27-08 09:10 AM

So, we need a modder with SH3 to create a German voice patch for 1.5

Spaxspore 02-27-08 12:03 PM

not really, u can make a simple mod for your self, using the mod manger. just make sure the file sturcture is the same for example- data/sound/speech. As long as u have sh3 shouldnt be a problem, works great for me. Just need to replace the surface the boat sounds crash drive and so forth cause they r still fleet boat type.

Wish the developers would have done this but at lest we have an opportunity to play with german sub tech on the sh4 engine, jsut wish it had the type 7. I love that boat.

demowhc 02-27-08 01:21 PM

Well I dont have SH3 anymore so I cant just copy the files over..This is really ruining the immersion for me. :cry:

I'll try the german voices patch..

Spaxspore 02-27-08 01:56 PM

i can put up later tonight when i get home from work, a mod manger supported mod so the voices are those from SH3

demowhc 02-27-08 02:18 PM

I'm in the process of installing SH4 in german then applying the German voices patch..I will then copy the entire sound folder over into my english SH4 installation and see if it works..

if it doesnt work then the SH3 files would be excellent m8 :up: