SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Sub Command, Fleet Command, & Jane's 688(I) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=193)
-   -   SCX team where are you? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=104601)

Linton 01-27-07 03:31 PM

SCX team where are you?

The SCX team turned a subsim into so much more.This was thanks to a lot of work by many members who seem to have disappeared.Where are you all????

Ramius 01-27-07 03:54 PM

Most of us are still here (all be it not so active anymore :oops:)

Linton 02-04-07 05:52 AM

Perhaps the team could be asked to simplify the SCX process into one easy to install package like the DW mod install.

GhOsT55 02-04-07 01:22 PM

little "ot" but dose and one kno how to put scx/scx2 in to the steam version of sc?
would be great if some one could help me

Bera 02-08-07 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhOsT55
little "ot" but dose and one kno how to put scx/scx2 in to the steam version of sc?

Iīve "patched" SCXII over my STEAM version of SC and itīs running just fine. I think the mods only change the database, and not the executable files.

GhOsT55 02-08-07 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bera
Quote:

Iīve "patched" SCXII over my STEAM version of SC and itīs running just fine. I think the mods only change the database, and not the executable files.

ok so it can be done.but how?

Bera 02-13-07 08:06 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bera
Quote:

ok so it can be done.but how?

First, you must install SCXII. Just download the file and unzip it under your SC directory. Make sure you read the "readme" file, because youīll need to execute one or more files under the "graphics" directory. Then, download the SCXIIc and install it exactly the same way you did before (donīt forget the "readme"). Thereīs some files over www.subguru.com that fixes some SCXII issues, like the ESM masts. Done! :D

GhOsT55 02-13-07 08:32 PM

ok i got scx in but now im getting the controllier ini error?help?

Bera 02-14-07 01:42 PM

Quote:

ok i got scx in but now im getting the controllier ini error?help?

Did you install SCXII BEFORE SCXIIc?

GhOsT55 02-14-07 05:43 PM

yeah did as you told me to.
ill mess aronund with it to see if i can get it to work.

EDIT:it says it cant open the controler.ini

Sub Sailor 02-15-07 12:40 PM

May not be actrive

SCXIIc Team may not be so active anymore, but as a Submariner for a big junk of my life, through most of the Cold war, I started in the early 60s, SC and SCXIIc is a great sim , in fact the best as far as I am concerned. Wolf has done wonders for DW but SC is a truly fine sim. And, for us old guys it reminds us of the "good old days".

Ron Banks MMCM(SS), USN(Ret)

LoBlo 02-15-07 05:28 PM

I'm still trying to figure out how the SCX team got permission to mod the .dll files while DW's mod has been restricted:hmm: :-?

Linton 02-15-07 05:55 PM

I will ask again,will someone from the SCX team rationalise the multiple instillatios into one easy install perhaps usinng an installer such s the one used for lwami?

Sea Demon 02-15-07 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linton
I will ask again,will someone from the SCX team rationalise the multiple instillatios into one easy install perhaps usinng an installer such s the one used for lwami?

Very good suggestion indeed. I second the idea.

OneShot 02-16-07 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoBlo
I'm still trying to figure out how the SCX team got permission to mod the .dll files while DW's mod has been restricted:hmm: :-?

They never did get the permission. Back then they just made it and SCS/EA didnt bother to make any legal waves.

EDIT : I'm currently looking into making a one file installer just like there is one for the LwAmi Mod including the JSGME tool. Since there is a lot of installing happening in both SCXII and SCXIIc I have to look through the whole installation process to get it to work with the Install Creator I use ... so far its looking promising.