SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] Trigger Maru Overhauled (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=132330)

ustahl 04-14-08 05:31 PM

Tweaking unsuccessful - any ideas?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrBeast
Quote:

Originally Posted by ustahl
Does anybody know how to increase watch crew visual recognition?

Try tweaking the values in sim.cfg and sensors.cfg (both in Data\Cfg)

I tried to tweak values in sensors.cfg and sim.cfg with W_Clear's v. 4.2a scene.dat replacing his v. 4.0 scene.dat, which is part of the final TMO, in order to achieve similar visual recognition distances as originally in TMO. Unfortunately I did not find any improvement. Changing & testing different values was rather cumbersom, especially not being entirely sure re. the exact meaning of the various settings and their implications. So eventually I reverted to TMO's values.

It seems, though, that Ducimus has tweaked his/W_Clear's v. 4.0 scene.dat for TMO, as TMO's v. 4.0 scene.dat has a later timestamp than W_Clear's original version. Thus, if some other, newer scene.dat is used, that must be tweaked accordingly to provide the correct recognition distances within TMO. Took a look at the new scene.dat with Skwasjer's S3ditor, but no idea what to change there, so I gave up.:cry:

With W_Clear's newest scene.dat I have a max. recognition distance of slightly above 8000 meters, although ships are visible much farther away (but not recognized or lockable by TBT). It's a pity because the water quality with the newest scene.dat is unbelievably gorgeous, much better than in TMO as such.

Any ideas besides waiting for Duci's return?:roll:

marlo77 04-14-08 05:46 PM

Hi @ all,

I installed TMO and I think it is a very nice Mod but after install everything changes from german to english. Only Speech is still in german.
Is there a way to change it back to German Language? :oops:

Ducimus 04-14-08 06:17 PM

scene.dat->envSim->FogDistances[0,3]->ObjectsRelativeZMax

Run a filecomparision between a stock scene.dat and the scene.dat of whatever enviormental mod your using. Set above mentioned variable to stock value.

This will kill the fog effects to some degree, but visuals will be back to normal.

Alternatly you can *TRY* and lowering the fog factors in the sim.cfg and sensors.cfg from 1.0 to 0.5 and see if that helps. (untested idea).

ustahl 04-14-08 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducimus

Run a filecomparision between a stock scene.dat and the scene.dat of whatever enviormental mod your using. Set above mentioned variable to stock value.

This will kill the fog effects to some degree, but visuals will be back to normal.

Alternatly you can *TRY* and lowering the fog factors in the sim.cfg and sensors.cfg from 1.0 to 0.5 and see if that helps. (untested idea).

Thanks a lot Ducimus. Didn't expect your assistance this instant due to yr vacation.:rock:
Will try yr suggestions tomorrow - it's waay past bedtime over here now and my eye lids are like lead.:dead:

Syxx_Killer 04-14-08 07:26 PM

Thanks for the great mod, Duci! I have come to the realization that I don't really want/need the U-boat expansion. I'm not interested in the U-boat saga anymore. Anyway, I downloaded TMO 1.5 even though I don't have 1.5. I took some bits out of it and put them in my 1.4 install of TMO. I copied the UPCUnitsData folder over and the Medals, Ranks, and Qualifications files for the UPCCrewData folder. I also copied the Submarine folder over from 1.5 to 1.4 and removed the Japanese AI sub. I copied most of the Objects folder, although it looks like most of the files weren't modified. Do you think those things will conflict with 1.4? It seems to be running ok. I did a patrol, but haven't done much else. The subs seem to go with the new paint/equipment schedule set by TMO 1.5. I noticed that when starting a new career the WAC Sonar and JP listening equipment is now apparent. It doesn't seem to cause any conflicts, but will that stuff even work? Will your medal fix have been carried over with the files I copied from TMO 1.5 to 1.4?

NKVD-crazyivan 04-14-08 08:02 PM

Great Work Duci......:up: :up: :up:

Buuuuutttttt.......... I Still cant get smoke out of the Sub exhaust,s.....
this has happened since i installed the SPC and SP3 patchs........
Last night i uninstalled your TMO and SP's and enabled your latset work through JSGME played the game and every thing so far is great but alas still no smoke is there a file i can manualy add to get this back.....it was working before even though it did not shut of under water.......

Is any one else having this problem or can some kind soul help me please as I dont really want to bother Ducimus (but very selfishly want an answer from you :roll: )

thanks once agian for a top mod.........

Just another to any one. I know W.Clears ver 4.0 is in TMO is there any compatabilty issues with 'Clears' 4.2a i heard even with removing some CFG files it still mucks up Ducis crew visuals because of the Fog etc,.....I would love the best visuals but dont want to reck the great balance i find in TMO.........:up: :up: :up:

Thanks for any help.........

SteveHump 04-14-08 09:12 PM

Non-sinking "sunk" IJN sub in the Java Sea April 44...

...just a note for general info and Duci to consider. Attached two images show the situation. No big deal. I love TMO and just thought it might be of interest. Perhaps related to NSM. Was curious and put a few 5-in shells into the hull also, but no sinking. Left the area when one of the shallow draft subchasers arrived.

Thanks again Duci.

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3...gtorpdatm7.jpg

http://img176.imageshack.us/my.php?i...gtorpdatm7.jpg

Edit note: Trying to insert the jpg into this note, but no luck so far. Oh well...senior citizen doldrums tonight.

lancerr 04-14-08 11:24 PM

Massive slowdown in the

Downloaded the latest TMO.

Want to report what I think may be a bug.

Hitting F9, causes a massive drop in frames from 40 to 9 fps. Triple checked this and it's the same everytime.

Going to map view or another view for 30 seconds brings FPS back to normal. So does Alt-Tabbing to a different application.

Any ideas on what may be causing this?

Right now - it's Sh4 1.5 + TMO. That's it.

Roger Dodger 04-15-08 02:32 AM

Do I need the new mod? Presently, I'm running:

SH4 v1.4
REL_TriggerMaru_Overhaul
RSRDC_P3_TMO_V325
plus a couple of 'tweaker' mods

I'm not sure I can even use the new mod, since I don't have SH4 v1.5. I haven't noticed any serious bugs or CTDs with this setup.

Thanks for all your brilliant work, Ducimus.

Able72 04-15-08 07:18 AM

no, you don't need the new one. It is intended strictly for those running SH4 1.5 (which is the U-Boat addon/expansion).

Wilcke 04-15-08 10:16 AM

My 2 cents, load up TMO 1.5 or 1.4 add RSRDC plus any patches Lurker has for them and just go on patrol.

You will drive yourselves nutz trying to tweak environmentals! :nope:

Frankly from the inside of the boat looking through the periscope a Japanese merchant is a Japanese merchant...and the tin cans well what can you say about them....:up:

ustahl 04-15-08 01:41 PM

Yesss! It worked!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducimus

Duci, your second suggestion seemed the easier to begin working with, and it worked!:yep:

I lowered the fog factors in sim.cfg and sensors.cfg as proposed from 1.0 to 0.5 and the visual recognition distance (through periscope and TBT) increased to abt 15000 meters.:up:

Consequently I felt no need to even try editing Scene.dat, which seemed to would have been a bit harder, anyway.

Now I have the best of both worlds in SH4 1.5: newest compiled TMO & W_Clear's Environment 4.2a with top notch water AND visual recognition working up to 15000m.:know:

Tested the tweak in various scenarios: Submarine School, Battle off Samar Single Mission, Career patrol in heavy 15m/s storm - everything fine, no probs so far.:rock::arrgh!:
It simply cannot get any better!:sunny:

Duci, I'm ever so grateful!

@ Wilcke: This proves that it IS possible to tweak Environmentals (maybe I should check with a shrink re. going nutz ;))

modisch 04-15-08 03:09 PM

Ustahl,

I'm glad that worked out for you. I may try the same tweak if I run into another case where I can see something in foul weather but the crew doesn't. As much as I like the difficulty of having limited crew performance... I find it breaks the immersion when I can see so much better than they can.

-m

ustahl 04-15-08 03:20 PM

Modisch,

For me the problem was not necessarily limited to foul weather, the visual target recognition/locking distance was reduced also in rather clear weather conditions. So the tweak improved the AI visual overall. :yep:

CaptainHaplo 04-15-08 06:49 PM

Ustahl, just be aware that by changing the cfg file, you did exactly what you described - globally altered the AI visual - which means now the AI can see you better as well. Just an FYI. It may end up being an unintentional result. Good find though!