SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 09-18-15 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoYo (Post 2345506)
After the first completed patrol I bought new skin for my U-boot (1500 p.) but I don't see it.

Its a feature of mod or bug of the game... (yes, I use F2 key for external view).

Ragards : ).

Confirmed...This is probably one of the EUF bugs again but I still don't know how to fix it...
For Type VIIA , only Tiger stripes and yellow stripe coatings are working fine...

Edit:
I think I'll just remove problematic paint schemes in the next patch until I find solution for the problem, if possible at all...

Lanzfeld 09-18-15 12:22 PM

Hey Vecko,

Quick question/theory...

I see that you have periscope depth set at 12 instead of historical 13.5 meters. I know that we can adjust ourselves but then I thought about something. Do you have it set this way because the game uses periscope extension length to determine detection chance REGARDLESS of the actual length of the scope that shows above the water? It would be too many calculations to determine the actual length of scope above water with the waves and all so the game just uses whatever the scope extension length is to determine detection chance? So if we are deep and only have just the scope,tip,above water we have a high detection chance because we are fully extended?

Is this how it works?:hmmm:

vdr1981 09-18-15 01:39 PM

I see that you have periscope depth set at 12 instead of historical 13.5 meters. I know that we can adjust ourselves but then I thought about something.
Actually, periscope depth is set to 12 m because anything deeper and your OBS scope will not reach sea surface. I don't know is this realistic or not but because of the changes from some mods, extension length of obs scope is such as it is...
Snorkel depth command however matches historical periscope depth (13-14m) and usually I use this command for normal engagement with attack scope. Attack scope also has slightly longer extension length (again, I'm not sure how realistic is this but that's the way it is).

Do you have it set this way because the game uses periscope extension length to determine detection chance REGARDLESS of the actual length of the scope that shows above the water? It would be too many calculations to determine the actual length of scope above water with the waves and all so the game just uses whatever the scope extension length is to determine detection chance? So if we are deep and only have just the scope,tip,above water we have a high detection chance because we are fully extended?
I'm not 100% sure but I think that AI visual sensor distance really depends of how much your scope sticks out of the water, regardless of your depth and periscope extension... If you enable map contacts together with appropriate options for TAI/NAV map using OFEV app, you can test this in single missions...:yep:

THEBERBSTER 09-18-15 05:57 PM

Hi Vecko
This is the first opportunity I have had to end my patrol and upgrade from patch 3 to patch 8.

There is a fault in Patch 8
The fault is in the Real Navigation Mod.
Patch 8 with my old Real Navigation Mod works ok.

The JSGME picture has the basic mods enabled with the new Real Navigation Mod from patch 8.
http://i57.tinypic.com/2w3dsgp.jpg

This picture shows the problem in the bunker with Real Navigation not working as it should.
Map contacts are enabled in my games.
http://i57.tinypic.com/5ciq79.jpg

Peter

vdr1981 09-18-15 06:47 PM

There is no "old" and "new" The Wolves of Steel 1.04 - Real Navigation_by TheDarkWraith mod.
You should have only 1 in your JSGME, but I can see 2 on your picture?:doh:
You have overtweaked something...:D
My bet is that one two RN modes of yours has only menu.txt in it, probably the one which is activated... :yep:

By the way, have you received VIIB sub yet?

mikaelanderlund 09-19-15 04:26 AM

Peter, you have to roll back Real Navigation Mod before activating the new patch 8. Otherwise, you get two Real Navigation Mod. Enabling Real Navigation AFTER enabling patch 8 :salute:

Mikael

THEBERBSTER 09-19-15 04:46 AM

Hi Vecko,
Yes, there is 2.
The 1 that came in the v1.04 download if you remember you spelt Wraith incorrectly as Wright.
http://i62.tinypic.com/2cijr7b.jpg

Patch 8 has a mods folder in it with another version of Real Navigation with Wraith spelt correctly.
http://i58.tinypic.com/k12xxh.jpg

When patch 8 is in enabled another Real Navigation appears in JSGME un-enabled as you can see in picture 2 in my original post showing 2 versions.
Having 2 can appear because they are not spelt the same.
The Wolves of Steel 1.04 - Real Navigation_by TheDarkWright
The Wolves of Steel 1.04 - Real Navigation_by TheDarkWraith

If you enable patch 8 with the Wraith you get the problem in picture 2
If you enable patch 8 with the Wright you get the correct Real Navigation.

All I have done is remove patch 3 and replace it with patch 8 with the later/new version of Real Navigation > Wraith

Peter

vdr1981 09-19-15 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2345652)
Hi Vecko,
Yes, there is 2.
The 1 that came in the v1.04 download if you remember you spelt Wraith incorrectly as Wright.

Yes , I remember...I also replaced the archive as as typo is detected but I guess you were faster...:up: So, do you know how how to solve your problem completely or do you need some help?

Still in type VIIA?

THEBERBSTER 09-19-15 07:16 AM

Hi Vecko

My apologies for not answering your question about the upgrade.
I got caught up in my problem.

Upgraded to a VIIB about 20 manual saves ago during N.W.A.
Had a large tonnage total may have triggered it.

No I do not know how to get over the current problem other than to use patch 8 with the original Real Navigation mod that came with the v1.04 download.
Whether this is a practical solution or not I do not know as I do not know what changes were made in the later Real Navigation mod.
I notice that Real Navigation were also added to both patch 4 and patch 7.
I have not used either of these as I am jumping from patch 3 to patch 8.
Always open to some help any time.

Peter

vdr1981 09-19-15 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2345662)
No I do not know how to get over the current problem other than to use patch 8 with the original Real Navigation mod that came with the v1.04 download.
Whether this is a practical solution or not I do not know as I do not know what changes were made in the later Real Navigation mod.
I notice that Real Navigation were also added to both patch 4 and patch 7.
I have not used either of these as I am jumping from patch 3 to patch 8.
Always open to some help any time.
Peter

OK, here's what's you gonna do...

1. Deactivate all mods except TWoS 1.04 (main mod)
2. Delete both Real Nav mods from your JSGME (Wright and Wraith:))
3. Then, Download this correct Real Nav mod and add it to your JSGME.
4. Then, activate mods in appropriate order (you know the order)

Don't worry , you can do this in the middle of the patrol...:yep:

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2345662)
Hi Vecko

My apologies for not answering your question about the upgrade.
I got caught up in my problem.

Upgraded to a VIIB about 20 manual saves ago during N.W.A.
Had a large tonnage total may have triggered it.

Excellent, can you please upload (or copy/paste) your last Campaign.cfg and CareerTrack.upc from your last gamesave?:up:

THEBERBSTER 09-19-15 02:49 PM

Hi Vecko

Thank you for the file.

Peter

centurion1st 09-19-15 08:41 PM

i have problem

i have unknow problem with MCCD 1.04 . Game crash with it how to remove it to megamod:timeout:

YoYo 09-20-15 03:48 AM

Hi,
just question about campaign from WofS. Im in the second patrol and recived orders with the new area for patrol. What I can do if I haven't now any torpedos? Deck gun is still present but sometimes it is not enough.

Is it possible to back to Kiel (for example) and repair systems and take a fuel, torpedos and back to new area patrol too (btw I dont see resuply request radio message or button too - for milk cow, is it will be later)?

THEBERBSTER 09-20-15 05:04 AM

Hi YoYo

First check that your base is still in Kiel and has not moved to Wilhelmshaven.
If it is still Kiel then you can refit at Heligoland.
If it is has moved to Wilhelmshaven then you can end the patrol there and request the same mission that you are currently on again.

There is a supply ship available for a few weeks South West of mainland GB.
Useful if you are doing patrols N.W.A. or S.W.A.
You will get a radio message and see it on the map.
There is another supply ship in Cadiz, Spain from February 1940.
http://i58.tinypic.com/icmqnk.jpg

Peter

YoYo 09-20-15 07:25 AM

Thank You,

You have right, for sure Wilhelmshaven. When I'll back the mission will be available from the last status of patrol (some of patrol area was finished) or from the beginning again.