SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Average age for this game? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=125899)

spidair 11-29-07 02:16 AM

Average age for this game?

What is the average age for playing SH4 (or sub games overall? Due to the nature of the game, (Let face it, it's slow at times, it happens nothing on long streches and so on...), I would think that the "MacDonalds" generation would stay clear from this kind of game. They usually like fast action paced games with little or no waiting at all, so I would guess an average age of 20-25 and up?

Or is it a game that younger folks likes too?

And what about gender? Is it a male or female game? (I would say male coz of its nature, but hey, I been wrong before!!):cool:

I'm 40 years old and male and since I'm NOT in the MacDonalds generation I like the kind of games you have to use your brain to more things than reloading my gun... like sims and strategy games.

So what about YOU? :sunny:

Yuor age and gender please! :D :D

Peto 11-29-07 02:29 AM

I'm a very handsom 48 :lol:! All the men hate me because all the women love me :shifty:!Computers and Music are my trades.

tchopz 11-29-07 02:34 AM

Male, 27.

I feel like some kind of a youngster here :)

My first computer (commodore Vic20) had 3,5 kB RAM and no graphics at all, only text mode. But the text was in 8 colours!!!
Maybe that is why I prefer strategies and simulations than those nice, shiny and flashy action games.

Hunter 11-29-07 02:53 AM

I am 29

partyboy 11-29-07 02:55 AM

27 M

Propy 11-29-07 03:00 AM

If anyone is young its me; male 21

I have always liked simulators...and I know that its a bit rare in my generation...

CCIP 11-29-07 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Propy
I have always liked simulators...and I know that its a bit rare in my generation...

Sad but true, although there's plenty of SH players in our age bracket.

Yes "our", I'm 23 :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peto
I'm a very handsom 48 :lol:! All the men hate me because all the women love me

Damn straight! I'm not the worst-looking 23-year-old, and here I am still being single (and looking) :shifty:

Clearly it's all your fault :know:

spidair 11-29-07 05:20 AM

[quote=CCIP]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Propy
I

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peto
I'm a very handsom 48 :lol:! All the men hate me because all the women love me

Damn straight! I'm not the worst-looking 23-year-old, and here I am still being single (and looking) :shifty:

Clearly it's all your fault :know:

You might blame it on SH4 for being single you know...... :D

"So hard to find å sub-girl" in front of the computer right? Try the game online then... he he

:D

Argus00 11-29-07 05:24 AM

Not too much of a sim fan, but SH3 hooked me. I only stoppeed playing SH3 because SH4 came out.

ricnunes 11-29-07 06:30 AM

Male, and I'm 31.

Looks like I'm the only one in the thirties here, so far.

d@rk51d3 11-29-07 06:33 AM

I wasn't going to comment on this thread, since there is another identical one here somewhere, but hey, it's got a poll..... wooo hooo:D

So, anyway..... I'm , ummmmmm............
- counts on fingers, toes and any inanimate objects littering the desk -

.................... 33. :smug:

I think.:-?

LtCmdrRat 11-29-07 06:34 AM

37 Y.O.

Torpex752 11-29-07 06:55 AM

56% over 40!? LOL That may explain some of the grumpyness! LOL

BTW I'm in there too! lol

Frank

AirborneTD 11-29-07 06:55 AM

43, but rapidly approaching 44.

Torps 11-29-07 07:52 AM

hmm

27 M, A lot of Dinos around here. That would explain why every one is cocky about everything.:doh: With the good ole mid life crisis in full swing it's no wonder we get caught up in rants and squables around here, hehehe :rotfl: :rotfl: