SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

gap 11-22-15 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2360771)
If I add the platform with TE can I see it's exact location in ME after that?

No, I think you can't

Quote:

And I can't just copy paste it's coordinates and place the bunker in the middle of the platform because the bunker position has to be carefully adjusted, not to far from the ground and not to close...

That would require changing object/unit's y coordinate. You don't need any editor to tweak those coordinates though, neither for terrain objects nor for ME-placed units. Knowing that 1 unit is equal to 1 meter, you can move around any object/unit manually simply by editing its coordinates in notepad. Useful for finetuning. In any case, showing units on a 2D map, ME doesn't give you any visual information about heights, whereas TE does (you basically place objects from within the game). My unbiased opinion? Don't be stubborn and try it. :03: :D

Quote:

Nothing unusuall with chrome these days, just rename the extension to rar

I cant rename it, It just doesn't let me to download the file, and if that wasn't enough, it is already a rar file.

The same happens with the other rar file you uploaded before tonight. I have tried downloading my own file (zip formate), also uploaded on mediafire, and all went right. Are you sure you din't catch any virus during the week-end. :hmmm:

Quote:

I need it as GR2 object, not air, sea, land or anything else. Only gr2 instead of dat , is that possible?

Sure enough :up:
No collision mesh then?

gap 11-22-15 08:58 PM

Another advantage of using terrain objects, is that if need be, you can both adjust objects' height and lower/raise land/seabed (so that the objects won't look as floating in the air/water), and you see what's going on in game at first glance. :salute:

vdr1981 11-22-15 09:07 PM

Viruses attack noobs...Can you download this one? :hmm2:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...5&postcount=54

vdr1981 11-22-15 09:25 PM

Something like this is what I want but I cant set it correctly because I cant edit object's height, only rotation (or maybe I can?) ...Also, it seems that the platform is also a bit too small...

http://s6.postimg.org/fg8ekrre9/Untitled.png

gap 11-23-15 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2360779)
Viruses attack noobs...Can you download this one? :hmm2:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...5&postcount=54

Ok problem solved, noob me :88)
Can you send me the following textures too:
concrete2.tga
cellar_crunge.tga

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2360780)
Something like this is what I want but I cant set it correctly because I cant edit object's height, only rotation (or maybe I can?)

:up:

You should be able raising and levelling the seabed under the platform, so that the platform will be placed higher on the sea level, or I can increase platform's height on my end.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2360780)
...Also, it seems that the platform is also a bit too small...

No problem, I can make it wider :up:

Current sizes are:
top radius: 70 m
bottom radius: 75.6 m
height: 67.342

Let me know if you have any preference for the new sizes :salute:

Sjizzle 11-23-15 05:01 AM

nice job there guys what are u planing for the future ? :hmmm:

vdr1981 11-23-15 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2360807)
Ok problem solved, noob me :88)
Can you send me the following textures too:
concrete2.tga
cellar_crunge.tga

Hm, where I can find those?

:up:
Quote:

You should be able raising and levelling the seabed under the platform, so that the platform will be placed higher on the sea level, or I can increase platform's height on my end.

Shallow waters will prevent my floating CD to shoot...Remember, they look like CD but those are actually ships. Can I edit edit only object's height with TE? If not, then I will have to add them trough ME and as a env sea objects... Platform height should not be influenced by sea bottom, that's why it has to be sea unit...

Quote:

Let me know if you have any preference for the new sizes :salute:

Hmm, I dont know...I could try 100m radius, CD in some places have to be placed even slightly further away from the shoreline in order to work...:hmmm::hmmm:

vdr1981 11-23-15 10:48 AM

I'm uploading new update right now.:yep: Check my signature for download in link a few minutes...

The Wolves of Steel 1.04 - Patch 13 changelog:

Snapshot changes:
-

Other tweaks:
- Several tweaks in menu.txt file.
- Sonarmen: speed estimation on initial report is disabled because it's bugged and always incorrect. Hydro report available trough sonarmen GUI commands are more or less correct...
- Reduced waves reflection intensity
- Added few cool new sounds from various SH games (Torpedo tubes, DC explosions ect...)
- Reduced heal time for some crew members (not sure that this will work though)
- Reorganized and tuned crew special abilities, added extra info for some in order to inform player about the changes and positive/negative bonuses of certain abilities.
- Removed few unrealistic abilities, like "repair destroyed items", "overcharge electric engines" ect...
- "Faster battery recharge" replaced with new ability (one which actually works and which will give us much more realistic submerged range dfor type VII U-boat )...
- Removed some empty folders from previous patch.
- Added "TWoS Wind and Smoke" addon to deactivated JSGME mods...
- Revised/edited realism percentage values in realism settings options screen. Options Map contacts update, Manual TDC and External views will now carry the highest percentage and this should also affect players awards and renown bonuses.
- Players who do not use Real Navigation addon will experience realism percentage penalties and will not be able to select 100% realism even with all options checked...This will also apply to "Wind and Smoke" addon users...
- Revised campaign traffic/convoys speeds in order to avoid strange hydro bug when player cant hear certain slow moving ships even if they are really close.
- Tweaked submarine surface range (33% increased) in order to compensate for larger SH world distances compared to the real world distances.
- Updated TWoS documentation folder, for a few people out there who actually read this stuff...(I know, I know...This is the era of World of Warships type "simulations"...)
- Both completed and failed macro objectives are now presented to the player as "Finished". This should lower the confusion involved with SH5 objectives/missions system.

Added mods:
-

Removed mods:
-

Installation:
1. Start JSGME found in main SH5 folder and drag content of the archive into available mods area (or simply extract it to your "Silent Hunter 5/MODS" folder).
2. Enable the patch with JSGME after the main TWoS 1.04 megamod, your JSGME activated mods should look like this:
The Wolves of Steel 1.04
The Wolves of Steel 1.04 - Patch 13
The Wolves of Steel 1.04 - Real Navigation_by TheDarkWraith
*(optional mod)
The Wolves of Steel - *x* Resolution Patch *(optional mod)

* Enable the patch in PORT/U-Boat bunker and continue campaign.
* This patch is cumulative which means that it contains changes from all previous patches.
* Some changes will kick in after camping restart or after player's advance to the next campaign.

fitzcarraldo 11-23-15 11:06 AM

Many thanks for the update!

And a question: I see the button-arrow for up-down attack scope donīt work (upper left corner of the GUI). The "all down" and "all up" buttons work fine (down button teleports to bridge or scope station (conning tower). Simply, I canīt low or up the attack scope gradually (is on-off with the "all up or down buttons", only). Is this a known defect of the GUI? The obs scope works fine with all the buttons/arrows.

Many thanks and best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

vdr1981 11-23-15 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2360881)
Many thanks for the update!

And a question: I see the button-arrow for up-down attack scope donīt work (upper left corner of the GUI). The "all down" and "all up" buttons work fine (down button teleports to bridge or scope station (conning tower). Simply, I canīt low or up the attack scope gradually (is on-off with the "all up or down buttons", only). Is this a known defect of the GUI? The obs scope works fine with all the buttons/arrows.

Many thanks and best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

All is working fine here...:hmm2: Can you use insert/delete keys?
Maybe mods incompatibility issue?:hmm2:

gap 11-23-15 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2360823)
Hm, where I can find those?

Nevermind, I realized that model is from SHIV, which I have installed on my computer :up:

Quote:

Shallow waters will prevent my floating CD to shoot...Remember, they look like CD but those are actually ships. Can I edit edit only object's height with TE? If not, then I will have to add them trough ME and as a env sea objects... Platform height should not be influenced by sea bottom, that's why it has to be sea unit...

For the moment try adjusting platform's height manually (i.e. Height parameter in data\Terrain\Locations\CustomAreas\MapObjects.ini) .
Also let me kwnow how deep sea bottom must be for coastal defences to shoot their guns, and I will modify platform's 3d meshes accordingly so you won't need to hassle with manual height tweaking anymore. :)

Quote:

Hmm, I dont know...I could try 100m radius, CD in some places have to be placed even slightly further away from the shoreline in order to work...:hmmm::hmmm:

Okay :up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2360810)
nice job there guys what are u planing for the future ? :hmmm:

I think Vecko wants to add something like this in game: :03:

https://www.mystiwot.nl/myst/upload/...0408190117.jpg

Trevally. 11-23-15 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2360759)
Thanks Gap, but I just can't import this piece of sh*t into the mission editor as a simple env sea unit...:mad:?!
http://s10.postimg.org/dbxo17ct5/Capture.jpg

I dont understan what have I done wrong , now after several correctly imported units?
http://www.mediafire.com/download/eh...D+Platform.rar

This is an ME2 error message when a unit type/class is not matching in the roster and Enviro folder

vdr1981 11-23-15 12:54 PM

I don't even know what is that which is preventing ships (in this case CD) to shoot their guns when placed close to the shore line, maybe it's depth or coast proximity, maybe both or maybe even something completely unknown to me.
All I know is that ship has to be placed something like 50-70 m of the shore to be able to use guns...Dont ask me why because even much more skilled moders than me have not been able to find the cause or the solution for these issues.

I could also use one even larger platform with radius of something like 140-150 m...:yep:

EDIT:
This is very good, objects height editing in Height parameter in data\Terrain\Locations\CustomAreas\MapObjects.ini actually works...:yep:

vdr1981 11-23-15 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2360902)
I don't even know what is that which is preventing ships (in this case CD) to shoot their guns when placed close to the shore line, maybe it's depth or coast proximity, maybe both or maybe even something completely unknown to me.
All I know is that ship has to be placed something like 50-70 m of the shore to be able to use guns...Dont ask me why because even much more skilled moders than me have not been able to find the cause or the solution for these issues.

I could also use one even larger platform with radius of something like 140-150 m...:yep:

EDIT:
This is very good, objects height editing in Height parameter in data\Terrain\Locations\CustomAreas\MapObjects.ini actually works...:yep:

EDIT 2:
Aaaand the bad news...:nope: Placing platform in a appropriate position as a terrain object will also collapse CD ability to shoot... Bummer...:nope:

http://s6.postimg.org/7rbk91qwh/SH5_...3_19_58_23.jpg

EDIT 3:
And the good news again...:D removed all controllers from platforms sim file and guns are live again...:yeah:

gap 11-23-15 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevally. (Post 2360901)
This is an ME2 error message when a unit type/class is not matching in the roster and Enviro folder

Thank you Trev :up:

Quote:

This and land units not being able to shoot their guns are two tedious problems indeed. Who knows if they are related to each other?

Quote:

Should you need for them, I could also model some dummy sand dunes. :03:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevally. (Post 2360901)
EDIT:

Let me know by which amount you had to raise the platform. I can increase its height accordingly, so that it won't look like floating above the sea bottom :salute: