SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [WIP] Official GWX Knight's Cross Edition (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=252967)

iambecomelife 09-26-23 12:11 PM

Thanks for replying to my message Captain Lehmann, we will be in touch soon as I indicated!

Mister_M 10-11-23 02:29 PM

Hello there,

OK, your work for now is top secret. :03:

But maybe you could already say a bit more to us, without going into details...

For example, what aspect(s) of the game are you trying to improve so much that it was never seen before ? :D

What is your main goal ? What is driving/guiding you throw all the time you're spending to work on this new mod ?

Please, tell us more, without spoiling any details of course !

Archive1 10-11-23 10:09 PM

Mister M

I think most of us understand that Lehmann and his crew have worked out in some detail the answers to your questions, and don't need to intervene or use up design time having them detail those plans. If I know more details, what would I do about them?
I understand your impatience - we all are eager and get frustrated at delay. But good work takes time.
Prost,
Archive1:Kaleun_Salute:

Kpt. Lehmann 10-12-23 12:43 AM

Hi guys,
I'll have some comments in maybe 3-4 days.
No need for any worry. All is well. :up:

Kpt. Lehmann 10-15-23 10:50 PM

Hi everyone.

Consider this: If I told you what our objective goals are (and they are considerable) and one of those goals was not met on release day, you would be disappointed in our work.

We aren't promising you individual items x,y, or z.

We are promising you a release.

You very well may get tired of waiting and get fed up.

You may think that GWX-KC is 'fake news.'

At its height in SH3's heyday GWX was downloaded hundreds of thousands of times after our releases. These days, maybe GWX-KC would just get 100. Either way, we are doing the same high-quality job. The work is often difficult and we are volunteers.

There is no delay, because it will be ready when it is ready.

I'm not upset.... just matter of fact. Besides, we are harder on ourselves than you could ever be.

When I post, I do so just to let you know that we are still working and the supply trucks are still arriving and departing.

Now quit reading this post and go sink something somewhere. :arrgh!:

HW3 10-15-23 11:05 PM

Quote:

Now quit reading this post and go sink something somewhere.
I am, I am playing Fifi's NYGM mod trying to get back up to speed with SH3, while patiently waiting for GWX KC to come out. I remember how good GWX was and can wait for KC as long as it takes. :Kaleun_Salute:

Kpt. Lehmann 10-15-23 11:53 PM

:Kaleun_Cheers:

rik007 10-16-23 03:11 AM

I very well understand Kpt. Lehmann. The audiance is a lot smaller than when GWX was launch. I do not know how many people still play Sh3. I assume it is a dying community. The game is old but still hard to beat or so we think. And maybe we are old as well and still hanging on to it.

There is no need to create high expectations which you cannot fullfill. Take your time and have fun modding it.

I respect all effort the team is putting into it. Even if GWK KC edition will never reach publication.

Borgneface 10-16-23 04:18 AM

I am 100% supporting Kpt.lehmann project.....I know the amount of work involved to create such a thing......One thing it will do, bring a lot a ex players and also new to this game....
Bon courage :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up::Kaleun_Thumbs_Up::Kaleun_Applau d::Kaleun_Applaud:

Rwearjr 10-16-23 05:05 AM

Quietly and patiently waiting...................:ping:
Even if I am on the edge of my seat.
:Kaleun_Salute:

iambecomelife 10-16-23 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rwearjr (Post 2888360)
Quietly and patiently waiting...................:ping:
Even if I am on the edge of my seat.
:Kaleun_Salute:

What he said! Now I'm even more excited.

Tabris 10-27-23 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rik007 (Post 2888352)
I do not know how many people still play Sh3. I assume it is a dying community. The game is old but still hard to beat or so we think. And maybe we are old as well and still hanging on to it

maybe. I can understand why one might say that, but I'd advise holding out a lot of hope for SH3. I'm in my 20s, so are my friends who play these games, and we all agree that SH3 is the best Silent Hunter title. Certainly the best Atlantic War campaign game. Wolfpack has and will naturally poach a lot of players, but being that it has no campaign mode and no plan to implement one AFAIK, it fills a different niche.

Rest assured, there are younger types on the edge of our collective seat for GW RK edition.

rik007 10-28-23 01:40 AM

Good to hear that Tabris!

Archive1 10-30-23 12:04 AM

Aye to that - from an 89 Y/O from way, way back in the SH3 history.
Archive1 :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

rik007 10-30-23 12:58 AM

What a range of age!