SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Is it possible to mod the mouse cursor? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=250422)

Sewer Pipe Salt 09-04-21 04:49 PM

Is it possible to mod the mouse cursor?

Mine is an odd question, I know but, it would help me and others who don't have a young person's vision any longer.

I am mostly blind, macular degeneration which affects the central vision, mainly in us older folks is my issue.

The mouse cursor in SH3 GWX-ONEALEX is very small and I have a hard time tracking it down when I want to click on something. Currently, I move it about in circles until I happen to spot it and then I drag it to where I want it and its a pain in me arse.

I don't know if it is possible to mod the cursor, or perhaps its been done before I don't know.

If it was to be somewhat larger and perhaps red or a high vis type color, it would really make my day.

A modder, I am not. I'm just a mostly blind old fart who has fallen in love with sub sims. I love flight sims, which I did before my eyesight went south and I tried combat flight sims but, they are way too fast for my aged reflexes not to mention my lack of 20/20 vision.

If anyone thinks that this would be worth their time and effort, I would be most appreciative.

Thanks for reading this,

the Sewer Pipe Salt :Kaleun_Salute:

Onealex 09-04-21 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sewer Pipe Salt (Post 2766636)
Mine is an odd question, I know but, it would help me and others who don't have a young person's vision any longer.

I am mostly blind, macular degeneration which affects the central vision, mainly in us older folks is my issue.

The mouse cursor in SH3 GWX-ONEALEX is very small and I have a hard time tracking it down when I want to click on something. Currently, I move it about in circles until I happen to spot it and then I drag it to where I want it and its a pain in me arse.

I don't know if it is possible to mod the cursor, or perhaps its been done before I don't know.

If it was to be somewhat larger and perhaps red or a high vis type color, it would really make my day.

A modder, I am not. I'm just a mostly blind old fart who has fallen in love with sub sims. I love flight sims, which I did before my eyesight went south and I tried combat flight sims but, they are way too fast for my aged reflexes not to mention my lack of 20/20 vision.

If anyone thinks that this would be worth their time and effort, I would be most appreciative.

Thanks for reading this,

the Sewer Pipe Salt :Kaleun_Salute:

Hello. You have PM...

Anvar1061 09-04-21 11:35 PM

It's not a problem. These are just three files: Default.tga Drag.tga Highlight.tga of the Mous Сursor in the active and passive state in the data/Menu/MouseCurs folder.

Sewer Pipe Salt 09-05-21 02:29 PM

Active state.....Passive state?

I opened up the data/menu/cursor folder and found 16 different cursor selections.

The one that I am leaning toward using has a ring of red dashes around it, which should make it easy to find on the page.

In order to make that selection active will I have to have an adventure in editing my .config file?

Thanks,
Sewer Pipe Salt