SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Subsim Events & Activities (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=236)
-   -   Subsim: 16 Years on the Web and a Trivia Contest! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=201670)

Kpt. Lehmann 01-25-13 04:59 PM

Congrats Neal!

It would be an understatement for this old grey wolf to say that Subsim.com is one heckuva place.

Just speaking for myself, it is the place that launched an amazing adventure full of highs and lows... that seem quite surreal in hindsight.

This place once consumed me, kept me awake all hours, and made me sweat buckets of bullets.

However, I will never forget many of the good things I was blessed to be a part of here, and most importantly, many of the awesome people I met here... some in person.

At the very least, it was all good for a laugh... because Subsim.com brought me to my arch-nemesis....

.... the unbeatable "Lehmann Proof Door.":salute:

Sink'em ALL!!! :arrgh!:

Onkel Neal 01-25-13 05:05 PM

Haha, brilliant.:D

Todd, you will always be remembered and known as a pillar of the community. You and your team's work with GWX made a sigificant impact on submarine sims, on me, and on Subsim.

Next time you're in Houston, look me up :)

Jimbuna 01-25-13 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann (Post 1998919)
Congrats Neal!

It would be an understatement for this old grey wolf to say that Subsim.com is one heckuva place.

Just speaking for myself, it is the place that launched an amazing adventure full of highs and lows... that seem quite surreal in hindsight.

This place once consumed me, kept me awake all hours, and made me sweat buckets of bullets.

However, I will never forget many of the good things I was blessed to be a part of here, and most importantly, many of the awesome people I met here... some in person.

At the very least, it was all good for a laugh... because Subsim.com brought me to my arch-nemesis....

.... the unbeatable "Lehmann Proof Door.":salute:

Sink'em ALL!!! :arrgh!:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal Stevens (Post 1998925)
Haha, brilliant.:D

Todd, you will always be remembered and known as a pillar of the community. You and your team's work with GWX made a sigificant impact on submarine sims, on me, and on Subsim.

Next time you're in Houston, look me up :)

I feel humbled to say......"Rgr that" :rock:

palatum 01-25-13 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal Stevens (Post 1998911)

Next trivia question will appear in the following 12 hours or less. Could be 26 seconds from now, could be 260 minutes.

So it depends on the TC, then? :-)

ReallyDedPoet 01-25-13 05:40 PM

Congrats SUBSIM :Kaleun_Cheers:

Best site ----------> ever.....

u crank 01-25-13 06:00 PM

Congratulations Neal on 16 years. A great accomplishment. You should be proud. So glad to be a member but wished I had joined sooner.

[Raises glass.]

Here's to many more years!

:Kaleun_Cheers:

Onkel Neal 01-25-13 06:15 PM

Question 3: In The Famous Cavalla Incident, what color shirt is Drebbel wearing?

Answer in this thread.

mookiemookie 01-25-13 06:18 PM

Red checkered

Swat 01-25-13 06:19 PM

Congratulations to this great forum and huge THANKS to all people making it so great and looking after it. Although I'm not at the sea in these days I come back and read stuff - always enjoyable. THE FRIENDLIEST FORUM EVER ! ! !
:Kaleun_Cheers:

mookiemookie 01-25-13 06:22 PM

Congrats on the anniversary. Here's to 116 more! :yeah:

McBeck 01-25-13 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mookiemookie (Post 1998960)
Red checkered

Damn it...

fitzcarraldo 01-25-13 07:04 PM

Trivia 3: A red checkered shirt.

...And a happy 16th anniversary to SUBSIM!!! :woot::woot:

With 16 beers!!!

:Kaleun_Cheers::Kaleun_Cheers:

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

Captain Dave 01-25-13 08:29 PM

I'll fire 16 shots across the bow tonight for Subsim! Congrats! OR

Maybe I'll just have 16 shots while sitting on the bow. Party on!

Onkel Neal 01-25-13 08:49 PM

Quote:

Question 3: In The Famous Cavalla Incident, what color shirt is Drebbel wearing?
Quote:

Originally Posted by mookiemookie (Post 1998960)
Red checkered

Yeah, but cotton? Poly blend? Chiff...close enough!

Mookie for the win.:cool:

Next trivia question will appear in the following 12 hours or less. Those are Earth hours, for any Vulcans or Vogons or whatever.

gege212007 01-25-13 09:52 PM

16 years is the teenager and Subsim is already at maturity and the best of forums site.

Thank you to all for sharing your passion.:Kaleun_Salute:

Best regards
Gerard