SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Dangerous Waters (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   RA crashing issue (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=225931)

eddievhfan1984 05-05-16 09:41 AM

RA crashing issue

Hey, guys. So I've gotten the Windows 10 fix for DW, which has helped me enjoy this game all over again, and I decided to give RA/DWX a shot. Looks beautiful in the startup cinematic. However, running missions always causes a CTD. Missions with subs don't start at all, and even when I did an FFG mission without subs, the moment I fired a shot from my Mk 76 gun, CTD. :/\\!!

I don't suppose anyone had that happen to them before, and might know a workaround?

Thank you.

FPSchazly 05-06-16 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddievhfan1984 (Post 2402267)
Hey, guys. So I've gotten the Windows 10 fix for DW, which has helped me enjoy this game all over again, and I decided to give RA/DWX a shot. Looks beautiful in the startup cinematic. However, running missions always causes a CTD. Missions with subs don't start at all, and even when I did an FFG mission without subs, the moment I fired a shot from my Mk 76 gun, CTD. :/\\!!

I don't suppose anyone had that happen to them before, and might know a workaround?

Thank you.

No installation errors? I'm not sure if Windows 10 has a "run as an administrator" option, but I have to do that with the RA installation batch file on Windows 7 in order to install it properly.

eddievhfan1984 05-11-16 08:30 PM

No installation errors were thrown, everything seemed to be normal. And the intro screen/script worked just fine with the installed models. I did do a Visual Studio Just-In-Time debug, and traced the fault to the NavalSimEngine.dll file, but without an symbol table, I can't pin it down much more than that.

FPSchazly 05-12-16 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddievhfan1984 (Post 2403928)
No installation errors were thrown, everything seemed to be normal. And the intro screen/script worked just fine with the installed models. I did do a Visual Studio Just-In-Time debug, and traced the fault to the NavalSimEngine.dll file, but without an symbol table, I can't pin it down much more than that.

I'm not sure how extensive your custom content is, but I would probably reinstall both DW and LwAmi, might be the simplest option.

eddievhfan1984 05-13-16 12:12 PM

I already made the mod JSGME compatible manually, so that's not an issue.

A shame, though, since from what I've heard, Red Alert is VERY well done and quite comprehensive.

p7p8 05-13-16 12:53 PM

RA is not compatible with JSGME. Did You install patch 1.4 before RA?

FPSchazly 05-13-16 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p7p8 (Post 2404298)
RA is not compatible with JSGME. Did You install patch 1.4 before RA?

It is compatible with RA! A procedure to do it is outlined in the Reinforce Alert readme and I also made a video detailing how to do it. It's not as elegant as how LwAmi is set up, but it does work.

p7p8 05-14-16 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FPSchazly (Post 2404357)
It is compatible with RA! A procedure to do it is outlined in the Reinforce Alert readme and I also made a video detailing how to do it. It's not as elegant as how LwAmi is set up, but it does work.

I mean normal way of installation for other games/mods.
Btw i think copy/paste is much faster than "activate/deactivate". I have some folders with different mods for DW. When I want to play RA 1.3.6 + Betamod i just move current game to other folder and paste version with Betamod in correct place. It takes 5 second.

FPSchazly 05-14-16 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p7p8 (Post 2404422)
I mean normal way of installation for other games/mods.
Btw i think copy/paste is much faster than "activate/deactivate". I have some folders with different mods for DW. When I want to play RA 1.3.6 + Betamod i just move current game to other folder and paste version with Betamod in correct place. It takes 5 second.

If that works for you, go for it! I'll take JSGME, even if it's slower, if it means I don't have a chance of making a mistake during that copy paste.