SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

kobiwaldi 02-20-16 07:37 AM

yep, need to start a fresh game. dont know about patrol but seems ok too :D (i really dont know - ill do all my settings and then starting a new campaign normaly)

btw... did anyone try to track a whale for 4 hours with hydrophone ? :03: i feel like greenpeace. realy great mod :yeah:

gap 02-20-16 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kobiwaldi (Post 2382906)
btw... did anyone try to track a whale for 4 hours with hydrophone ? :03: i feel like greenpeace. realy great mod :yeah:

Four whole hours LOL.

Whale hydrophone sound is composed of 4 or 5 different audio samples obtained by applying a band-pass filter to the same recording. What you hear is a combination of them. Each sample will fade out at different ranges: when the whale is far away, you can only hear the lowest frequencies, but when the whale is at close range you hear the whole spectrum. :)

vdr1981 02-20-16 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2382836)
Thanks gap!:up:
All is set now...
There is only few glitches, I hope I'll manage to "bypass" them somehow...

- There is no crew on bow heavy gun, although the gun works (AI).
- Stern heavy gun has crew but animation goes in opposite direction while gun tracks target.
- Stern heavy gun can be maned by player but only if you "click" on bow heavy gun?! :)

Other than that, everything seems OK...

I've also:
- Reduced submarine surface/underwater range and speed.
- Removed internal and external torpedoes storage (only 5 torpedoes in tubes)
- Applied drag to conning tower.
- Increased dive time
- Increased CG height
- Removed deckgun and snorkel upgrades
- Removed Fumo-29 radar upgrade

OK, these two are solved by simple positions switching of S1 and S2 bones with TDW gr2 editor...:yep:

Dude, they are taking those veteran Liberators like nothing... :D

palmic 02-20-16 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2382914)
Four whole hours LOL.

Whale hydrophone sound is composed of 4 or 5 different audio samples obtained by applying a band-pass filter to the same recording. What you hear is a combination of them. Each sample will fade out at different ranges: when the whale is far away, you can only hear the lowest frequencies, but when the whale is at close range you hear the whole spectrum. :)

Effort of all involved in modding sh5 is awesome.
This is not relevant to whale sounds but unfortunately game core has very bad sound mixer which lags and pops when some sounds mix together. As result of this, you can find sound where you are not be able to hear it like very distant ships.
(I removed textual marks like "unknown ship" from hydrophone GUI :03:)

As i like moded SH5 at most i liked any other SH from vanilla 3, i see we need new ww2 or even ww1 u-boat simulator made by hardcore geeks with smaller amount of eye candy, but perfectly made crucial parts like sound mixing, samples rendering in realtime based on distance, sea interference and weather. Dynamic campaign with good AI and realistic ~1940 resources.

That would be awesome. But until that, i will be enjoying TWOS very much :salute:

palmic 02-20-16 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2382360)

Nice one! I saw many of that infos and pictures somewhere else, but the documentaries are new for me, thanks! :salute:

palmic 02-20-16 11:18 AM

Hi guys, sorry for spamming, but this thread is again something for the ones who loves max realism and wants to solve targets by hand both in approach and attack phase with max precission. :salute:

THEBERBSTER 02-20-16 11:21 AM

Hi Koranis
Did you disable the mods before making the changes in TDW's OFEV?
Peter

gap 02-20-16 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2382938)
OK, these two are solved by simple positions switching of S1 and S2 bones with TDW gr2 editor...:yep:

I am glad someone else is making the most of GR2 Editor :up:

As for the bow gun missing its crew, I think it is a matter to assigning them through upc file (just look at how other guns have their crew set through upc settings).

Talking about upc files, I think you should remove torpedo reserves from from U-flak's upgrades as well as from her sim file.

Dude, they are taking those veteran Liberators like nothing... :D[/QUOTE]

:yeah:

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2382945)
unfortunately game core has very bad sound mixer which lags and pops when some sounds mix together. As result of this, you can find sound where you are not be able to hear it like very distant ships.

When I last tested OH's whales before their release, their hydrophone sounds seemed to be mixed properly. Have you heard them in game already? :hmm2:

palmic 02-20-16 11:33 AM

Yes, whales are perfect, i just started to talking about distant ships, sorry :)

Zinmar 02-20-16 11:37 AM

Which menu do I need to point this program at?

vdr1981 02-20-16 11:43 AM

Quote:

As for the bow gun missing its crew, I think it is a matter to assigning them through upc file (just look at how other guns have their crew set through upc settings).
You are probably right although I never wend down in crew section of upc/ge files. This may be tough...:hmmm:

Quote:

Talking about upc files, I think you should remove torpedo reserves from from U-flak's upgrades as well as from her sim file.
Already done...:up:

I'm also trying to match U-Flak conning tower image visible bunker upgrade menu. I've found the appropriate image somewhere in Menu/gui folder but still I don't know which file is responsible for path definition (VIIC/41 tower imagge is still visible)?:hmm2:

vdr1981 02-20-16 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zinmar (Post 2382993)
Which menu do I need to point this program at?

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=2521

Sjizzle 02-20-16 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koranis (Post 2382901)
I did exactly that and it's still the same. The captain's name and the u-boat's number both appear changed if I reopen the file (DarkWraithUserOptions) but it doesn't change in game. I'm heading back to port now, anyway, maybe it will change at the beginning of the new patrol.

after u did like in the screen disable the mods and enable them again and should work :O:

Koranis 02-20-16 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2382981)
Hi Koranis
Did you disable the mods before making the changes in TDW's OFEV?
Peter

No, I didn't.

Koranis 02-20-16 02:29 PM

Ok, thanks, I'll try.