SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Niko91 01-15-18 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2536278)
.. or learn real nav, its simple and its core of what makes TWOS better than mods for older versions...

Dude not everyone need/want that degree of realism. It's a matter of time. I have a maximum of 4 hours a week for playing SH V. If I'd use real navigation, I'd make almost 0 progress. With real nav I need about 2 hours from finding a enemy ship with sonar until beeing in firing range. That means that I could only sink 2 ships (if not convoys) a week! No thank you. No time for this.

MCM 01-16-18 02:20 AM

Then leave us alone and play stock SH5!!!

hauangua 01-16-18 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niko91 (Post 2536652)
Dude not everyone need/want that degree of realism. It's a matter of time. I have a maximum of 4 hours a week for playing SH V. If I'd use real navigation, I'd make almost 0 progress. With real nav I need about 2 hours from finding a enemy ship with sonar until beeing in firing range. That means that I could only sink 2 ships (if not convoys) a week! No thank you. No time for this.

ONLY sink 2 ships a week!!!!
In real life UBoat commander "would crawl through the glass" for sink 2 ships every week!!!
SH is not a shooter game!

THEBERBSTER 01-16-18 03:20 AM

Hi Guys
Let's take it easy and calm down.
It not down to any player to say how TWOS should be played.
TWOS can be played at any difficulty level from 0 to 100% which means the stock game does not need to be used with all it's problems.
It's the players prerogative as to how he/she plays there game no one else's.
While I commend someone like Palmic who wants to make his game as hard as possible I do not look down on the player who wants to use the 3 circles method if that suit them.
Peter

Bill-Taylor 01-16-18 05:08 AM

Hi everyone!

Firstly I just want to say thanks again for all the hard work put into making TWOS, it's come a long way since I last installed (a single .exe wow!).

I just have a quick question. Since I last played I now have a 16:10 monitor and am uncertain what (if any) resolution patch I should enable via JSME. I'm going to go ahead with native at the moment, but obviously this isn't idea in the long run.

Thanks so much in advance, I'm really looking forward to diving back into this game.

palmic 01-16-18 05:43 AM

Quote:

Its not game for you mate, easy as that..
I would never ever put one % down from TWOS max difficulty.
In fact, i even make it harder by removing textual information about sound at hydrophone etc... :salute:

THEBERBSTER 01-16-18 07:00 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Bill-Taylor
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
Tutorials And Other Information Links In My Signature Below

Quote:

I now have a 16:10 monitor and am uncertain what (if any) resolution patch I should enable via JSME.
16.10 resolution would be
8 x 5 Aspect ratio.

Bill-Taylor 01-16-18 07:18 AM

Quote:

16.10 resolution would be 8 x 5 Aspect ratio.
That's fantastic, I had a suspicion that was the case but I didn't want to act on it before I got confirmation.

Also dude thank you massively for your collection of FAQs and tips, they're exceptionally helpful.

Once I get to grips with the game again I hope to do a brief LP (inspired by emptycup's content) of the game and I'll be sure to thank you in that as well.

Edit: I just saw that it even mentions it being for 16:10 in the description, boy do I ever feel like a tit now haha. Thanks all the same though dude.

Aniuk 01-17-18 01:50 AM

RESPECT

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2536716)
Hi Guys
Let's take it easy and calm down.
It not down to any player to say how TWOS should be played.
TWOS can be played at any difficulty level from 0 to 100% which means the stock game does not need to be used with all it's problems.
It's the players prerogative as to how he/she plays there game no one else's.
While I commend someone like Palmic who wants to make his game as hard as possible I do not look down on the player who wants to use the 3 circles method if that suit them.
Peter

Wise words. It is a naval simulation. So it is impossible to play at a 100% reality level. (in those days there was no internet and there was no TheBerbster tutorial). And I really hope there are no real casualties at any level of difficulty.

Have to go. Real life job, you know. Salute and respect to all that play TWOS

Have a nice day.

Aniuk

Niko91 01-17-18 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2536731)
Its not game for you mate, easy as that..
I would never ever put one % down from TWOS max difficulty.
In fact, i even make it harder by removing textual information about sound at hydrophone etc... :salute:

As THEBERBSTER said please quit bitching. It's a game and I keep it as a game and I decide how I play it! Feel free to play on "100%" realism. I won't do it.

So yesterday appeared a new problem. If I hit O for the clock, the clock appears and instantly disappears. Can't open the clock again, won't appear anymore. Any fix for this? Corrupted game save?

THEBERBSTER 01-17-18 07:44 AM

Niko
The clock can also be loaded from the officer icons.
you can customize to set your clock to appear by making a change in the OFEV.
In the picture for example if you TC4 as soon as TC8 or higher is reached the clock will appear on the screen.
https://s10.postimg.org/ds63s2prd/Clock.jpg

Peter

XenonSurf 01-17-18 08:13 AM

Quote:

To speed things up when you play, go and take a look at my new GUIDE here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=236272

Once in the bunker you can set your Gameplay Options, you can switch off Manual targetting, and disable most realistic options. There is no need to consider TWoS as a hyper realistic thing. Even without realism TWoS plays much better than the stock game.

But just know that if you put everything to 100 or 90+ (I would at least keep the outside camera on, also for checking my deck gun which doesn't always reposition well), then be aware that TWoS is close to perfect realism. You can set it like that, but fortunately you don't have to.

Also to speed things up (that's what you want, right?) , make use of the various *Automation* scripts in the game, e.g. when leaving harbours so you don't have to plot the courses, for some defensive manoeuvres that will be done automatically etc. Take a look at it.

jorca2 01-17-18 11:35 AM

periscope problem

Quote:

Originally Posted by XenonSurf (Post 2536926)
To speed things up when you play, go and take a look at my new GUIDE here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=236272

Once in the bunker you can set your Gameplay Options, you can switch off Manual targetting, and disable most realistic options. There is no need to consider TWoS as a hyper realistic thing. Even without realism TWoS plays much better than the stock game.

But just know that if you put everything to 100 or 90+ (I would at least keep the outside camera on, also for checking my deck gun which doesn't always reposition well), then be aware that TWoS is close to perfect realism. You can set it like that, but fortunately you don't have to.

Also to speed things up (that's what you want, right?) , make use of the various *Automation* scripts in the game, e.g. when leaving harbours so you don't have to plot the courses, for some defensive manoeuvres that will be done automatically etc. Take a look at it.

Hi, I have a problem with the observation periscope and also with the attack one. When I'm with one of them, they come out in their position higher up. And then they will not let me down and they have almost no route. I have the mod The wolfes of steel v.2.1.2

THEBERBSTER 01-17-18 01:48 PM

Hi jorca
Periscopes can be changed in the OFEV Automatics Tab.
https://s10.postimg.org/78vcflyex/Automatics.jpg

Peter

XenonSurf 01-17-18 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorca2 (Post 2536974)
Hi, I have a problem with the observation periscope and also with the attack one. When I'm with one of them, they come out in their position higher up. And then they will not let me down and they have almost no route. I have the mod The wolfes of steel v.2.1.2

I'm still playing at 2.1.0 so I may not see this. Veco can answer this for sure.
Do you use keyboards or the mouse for the periscopes? When using keyboards (PGUp/PGDown; Ins/Del) then you must keep pressing.
When using the mouse, the one arrow (upper left, last arrow upside) is for raising the scopes completly. Similarly, the same arrow more below is for retracting completly. The other arrows are for step-raising or step-retracting. And all this doesn't work?