SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Sauroketh 12-09-17 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2529984)
HiSauroketh
Please don't discuss in this thread any potential issues caused by your own custom modlists and unsupported mods.
Peter

Sir, you are very generous to consider TWoS
MY OWN CUSTOM MODLIST, but you should ask its creators first before calling ME its OWNER... May I please reject the ownership you kindly assumed to be mine...

So the question remains the same: how can I remove the beards and the cap from NON-MY TWoS, if you don't mind.
Whilst keeping TWoS fully operational, of course...

MCM 12-10-17 12:20 AM

:spammm:

hauangua 12-10-17 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sauroketh (Post 2530038)
MY OWN CUSTOM MODLIST, but you should ask its creators first before calling ME its OWNER... May I please reject the ownership you kindly assumed to be mine...

So the question remains the same: how can I remove the beards and the cap from NON-MY TWoS, if you don't mind.

Maybe if you open new thread Is better... Theberbest explained you this..
He help you find a solution...
Maybe A little kindness from you would help you

palmic 12-10-17 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sauroketh (Post 2530038)

Im not sure if you know what you are dealing with. Twos is very complex compilation of mods and settings which turns totally unplayable and unstable garbage into one of the best sims i ever played.
Obviously with many bugs remaining which couldn't be addressed....

Vecko is constantly balancing on knifes with that, i wouldn't even try to modify it even more...

If you want to, you're on your own..

MCM 12-11-17 01:24 AM

We should make a rule here: everyone who is obviously not reading the "how to" on the first page is getting no answer anymore? Then this thread would be much cleaner to read.

hauangua 12-11-17 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCM (Post 2530266)
We should make a rule here: everyone who is obviously not reading the "how to" on the first page is getting no answer anymore? Then this thread would be much cleaner to read.

I'm totally agree with you MCM

"Please don't discuss in this thread any potential issues caused by your own custom modlists and unsupported mods"

d@rk51d3 12-11-17 05:19 AM

spammer reported. :Kaleun_Cheers:

Jimbuna 12-11-17 05:24 AM

Sorted, thanks.

THEBERBSTER 12-11-17 05:53 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > quiclee1
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
Tutorials And Other Information Links In My Signature Below

Please check that you select the right thread category before posting your comments.

reedca82 12-11-17 11:54 AM

Quote:

I just got the mod about a month ago, read first then asked. There is a lot of info and it's not exactly organized so let's not take such a hard stance?

Also, there are a lot of "half answers" in the how to. In other words let's not let one turd pollute the punch bowl

fitzcarraldo 12-11-17 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reedca82 (Post 2530332)
I just got the mod about a month ago, read first then asked. There is a lot of info and it's not exactly organized so let's not take such a hard stance?

Also, there are a lot of "half answers" in the how to. In other words let's not let one turd pollute the punch bowl

I understand all the instructions and FAQ of the mod. Many of the bugs are SH5 vanilla. I´m playing perfectly with TWoS.

Condition: you need a PC with POWER for run SH5 with this mod. Not a super machine, but it is not for a PC running well SH3 or SH4. You need a little more.

I don´t read any "half answers", except those related to vanilla bugs and strange behaviour of the default SH5. The megamod is the tweaked sum of many mods. Each of these mods has his dedicated thread. So, you need to read also those posts. I´m sorry, but this is part of the hobby. And you will learn a lot.

Best regards and welcome!

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

Cyborg322 12-11-17 02:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by reedca82 (Post 2530332)

To All Concerned

The thing is probably a minimum 8 out of 10 questions posted here are either covered in Vecko's WOS guide or in the General SH5 guide by The Berbster. Practically everything in 2 links I'm not sure if it could be organised any better. It may possibly be trimmed to reflect new findings but then the history is lost it's a "catch 22 ".

WOS has been running now for many years and over that time there has been many fixes additions and bug reports so there is a lot of info in both guides. It may seem a little daunting to read at first but its all relevant and some don't bother reading it at all.

Post reporting problems with WOS when the user has added additional non recommended mods and even worse edited game files should not automatically expect replies. Some instances are just plain silly.

Attempting to find answers by generally "Googling" post often leads down the road of part answers confusion and incorrect info. I really don't recommend it and sure there will be posts repeated over time its expected to a degree.

The problem with spamming and non related WOS post is they dilute and push relevant queries into the background

In instances where there is any confusion with instructions or installation it's perfectly fine to ask for help, that's what this thread is about.

Simon

:subsim:WOLVES OF STEEL

connor4200 12-11-17 05:10 PM

Quote:

we should atleast start a new sticky for anyone having issues with the mod in the form it's given

J0313 12-11-17 09:41 PM

I was browsing the campaign files with the mission editor and when I opened the editor I got the message " Could not make since of the rec manuel category = Other. " Is that a cause for concern?

vdr1981 12-12-17 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J0313 (Post 2530459)
I was browsing the campaign files with the mission editor and when I opened the editor I got the message " Could not make since of the rec manuel category = Other. " Is that a cause for concern?

That's normal with Twos. Just hold enter key untill warnings are gone...