SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

fitzcarraldo 10-09-17 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2517690)
Hi Vecko
I remember being in Scapa Flow with a medium fog and seeing the moon.
Peter

It's true.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

SiggeMan 10-09-17 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muckenberg (Post 2517204)
First TWoS 2.0.0 and then 2.0.9 update

Yes thank you, works now. I accidentaly used both 2.0.0, 2.0.1 and the 2.0.9

vdr1981 10-09-17 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2517690)
Hi Vecko
I remember being in Scapa Flow with a medium fog and seeing the moon.
Peter

And the stars as well...This is a well known game limitation. I remember few attempts of few modders to bypass this issue, but resulting sky looked quite weird in some situations. I didn't like it...

Hanz Kneezan 10-09-17 06:54 PM

Very Annoying Watch Officer.

:Kaleun_Salute:Hi there fellow subbers, thanks for this wonderful mod, it really has changed this game for the better. :yeah: However, I have an issue with the Watch Officer and his constant updates (three per min) of convoys. He is much worse than that annoying Nav Officer ever was. :damn: Now, how can I tweak this to reduce or eliminate it completely as it is an unnecessary annoyance? I believe this was the reason for shutting up the Nav Officer in the first place, which I thought was great, only to have the WO take his place. This is a 'mod breaking' issue for me. Thanks in advance for any advice on this. :D

kevinsue 10-10-17 12:20 AM

Change campaign start location

Hello Vecko, I want to update my SH5 install to the latest TWoS uppdates and just wondering if there is an easy way to change the start base for the "Mare Nostrum" campaign from Kiel to La Spezia?

I want to do a fresh start of the campaign but cant stand the thought of having to transit the Kiel Canal and the long voyage to the Mediterranean because I have done it so many times already. :up:

Cyborg322 10-10-17 01:41 AM

WO updating Contacts

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hanz Kneezan (Post 2517779)
:Kaleun_Salute:Hi there fellow subbers, thanks for this wonderful mod, it really has changed this game for the better. :yeah: However, I have an issue with the Watch Officer and his constant updates (three per min) of convoys. He is much worse than that annoying Nav Officer ever was. :damn: Now, how can I tweak this to reduce or eliminate it completely as it is an unnecessary annoyance? I believe this was the reason for shutting up the Nav Officer in the first place, which I thought was great, only to have the WO take his place. This is a 'mod breaking' issue for me. Thanks in advance for any advice on this. :D

Hi Hanz :Kaleun_Salute:

Not sure why you are getting updates every 20 seconds, don't think I get that many, if anything I get the occasional time when the WO spots convoys on the late side after I can see them clearly on the horizon and with T.C. I can get landed next to a Destroyer 500m away but as I say that's not too common. In respect of the WO updates I would have to time it to give a more definitive answer

That said I have 100% not had anything like "Mod Breaking" issues with over exuberant Crew members, so I can't agree on that remark.

Best Regards

Simon
:subsim: +

WOLVES OF STEEL MEGAMOD

THEBERBSTER 10-10-17 04:24 AM

Hi Kevin
Quote:

change the start base for the "Mare Nostrum" campaign from Kiel to La Spezia?
In Kiel on the bridge click on the Anchor and end the game.
When you load the new auto base save game you will have advanced the date and you should now be in the La Spezia bunker.
Peter

jibouil 10-10-17 05:58 AM

Hello,
How i can follow my selected target at the hydro station ?
Is there a key for that ?
I always lose my target and always have warship up. It's hard for me to make a four bearing tech.

(im at 27-30m when i use the hydrophone)

Cyborg322 10-10-17 12:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jibouil (Post 2517804)
Hello,
How i can follow my selected target at the hydro station ?
Is there a key for that ?
I always lose my target and always have warship up. It's hard for me to make a four bearing tech.

(im at 27-30m when i use the hydrophone)

Yes there is follow target . Its the icon with circle on it when at station , If you click on the first button to the left at Hydro station you get Hydro Follow target options where you can set how often you get reports Distance/Degrees etc
You need to get below 30m to get contacts at longer range
Regards
Simon
:subsim: +

WOLVES OF STEEL MEGAMOD

vdr1981 10-10-17 05:53 PM

Quote:

The Wolves of Steel v2.0.0 to v2.0.9a update changelog:

- KDB receivers fix , syb systems page. KDB receivers visible only if KDB is upgraded in bunker.
- Tarnmatte Imp. availability date adjusted per Andrey's suggestion.
- Removed some OHII land env objects due game instability (Ch.Church, Asian village).
- Wellington bomber visible in museum, fixed files/controllers.
- tugBoat, removed from museum and campaign, still visible in rec manual though.
- Added more then 40 imported SH3, GWX and SH4 environmental sea and land units, including some variations of already existing ship types. All added units represent a lot of work from various subsim modders even from SH3/GWX era. Appropriate documentation and credits are added to TWoS documentation. New warship types will follow in the upcoming TWoS updates.
- Large number of various files/controller fixes for all imported units.
- Performed extended game stability stress-testing in various test scenarios.
- Added new and edited existing campaign layers in order to support addition of new units.
- Added new historically authentic shipping lines.
- Added illuminated ships for neutral nations. Permanently neutral nations (Sweden, Argentina, Ireland, Portugal and Spain) will exclusively use these type of ships.
- Rearranged nations roster.
- Added large number of port units in order to make harbors more live and immersive (various tug boats, tenders, coastal vessels, light ships, coastal fortifications, floating docks ect...). (*requires advancement to the next campaign chapter or campaign restart)
- Updated credits page: Added names of latest outstanding TWoS supporters (thank You very much Captains!)

DOWNLOAD TWoS v2.0.0 to v2.0.9a Update

:salute::salute::salute:
:subsim:

fitzcarraldo 10-10-17 06:03 PM

Downloading it now. Many thanks! :Kaleun_Cheers:

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

vdr1981 10-10-17 06:04 PM

I must say that there's been a lot of work on this update but nevertheless, you can expect few more fine tuning b,c,d ect updates in the near future until we reach official v2.0.1,which will be truly worth, you can count on that. :yep:

Sorry for slight delay guys...
Hope you'll enjoy it! Happy hunting!

Muckenberg 10-10-17 10:43 PM

Thank you very much
I'm looking forward to further updates of Steel Wolves.

MCM 10-11-17 12:58 AM

Absolutly georgous!!! I have never experienced such a support and ongoing improvement like TWOS Vecko!!!! You are making a lot of Kaleuns very happy for years now. Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!
:Kaleun_Salute:

Ulrich Kröpke 10-11-17 01:03 AM

Update 2.0.9a

There must be something wrong with the Light Ship NLGH. Without the NLGH I can upgrade my boat with a new conning tower. With the NLGH I gat a ctd.
Also without the new upgrate 2.0.9a I had the NLGH in the game and the game crashes when I wanted to upgrade the conning tower.