SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

alber99 04-07-17 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2477425)
I have uploaded new megamod version (v2.0) which will basically consolidate all changes from v1.06.00 to v1.06.12 (the updates were getting too large and very hard to manipulate with.)
New TWoS 2.0 should be savegame compatible with v 1.06 although some changes won't be visible until next fresh career start (this depends largely of your TWoS version at the moment of your career start ) ...
Cheers...:salute:

Vecko, thank you once again for your awesome work. Greetings :salute:

ironcold 04-07-17 12:07 PM

Quote:

New TWoS 2.0 should be savegame compatible with v 1.06 although some changes won't be visible until next fresh career start (this depends largely of your TWoS version at the moment of your career start ) ...
Thank you so much for this Update.
One Question :I make a new Game install and start a new Career with Twos 1.06.05 or so- did I realy need a new Install of the Game again?

palmic 04-07-17 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2477425)
I have uploaded new megamod version (v2.0) which will basically consolidate all changes from v1.06.00 to v1.06.12 (the updates were getting too large and very hard to manipulate with.)

:Kaleun_Applaud:

:salute:

wolfbaron 04-07-17 01:20 PM

@vdr1981 i cannot do anything but salute you :Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Applaud:

alber99 04-07-17 01:21 PM

Hi again

I have noticed that Wind & Smoke addon is missing in the new update.

Anyway, I'm using the latest version included in 1.06 update 12.

Cheers :salute:

THEBERBSTER 04-07-17 01:48 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Hobomaniac
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community

Make a manual game save when the game loads to the bunker, load it and you will find you can then make the changes you want to.

vdr1981 04-07-17 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alber99 (Post 2477437)
Hi again

I have noticed that Wind & Smoke addon is missing in the new update.

Anyway, I'm using the latest version included in 1.06 update 12.

Cheers :salute:

W&S has been transferred to additional optional mods linked in the first post (Now it called "TWoS UI cmd_Auto Target Recognition")...

mikaelanderlund 04-07-17 02:14 PM

[QUOTE=mikaelanderlund;2477384]
Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2477182)
Code:

[CareerOptions 10]
ID= TurningPoint43
[CareerOptions 10.Flotilla 1]
ID= C10Flotilla1
NameDisplayable= 9. Unterseebootsflottille
IDLinkFlotilla= 9thFlotilla
IDLinkUserPlayerUnits= F6VIIC41F, 1, F6VIIC, 10 ; delete "F" letter, save and restart TP campaign.
FlotillaBriefingText=   
FlotillaCommonality= 1

Maybe a stupid question but what file and where can I find it?

:salute:

Thanks for the information! Uflak was only active for a short period during the war. Is this simulated in the campaign, or am I stuck with Uflak entire TP? Uflak is a great part of the game!

:salute: Mikael

zuff 04-07-17 02:54 PM

Is it normal for "ghost ships" to show up on the map without receiving any sort of radio contact about them?

I'm not getting anything telling me their direction, speed, etc.

alber99 04-07-17 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2477447)
W&S has been transferred to additional optional mods linked in the first post (Now it called "TWoS UI cmd_Auto Target Recognition")...

Great, thanks! :up:

Hobomaniac 04-07-17 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2477444)
A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Hobomaniac
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community

Make a manual game save when the game loads to the bunker, load it and you will find you can then make the changes you want to.

Thank you THEBERBSTER.
And what about the introduction mission? I remember starting the vanilla game with a mission with cutsecenes, dialogs, where you had to sink two merchant ship and you were given your first U-boat.. It was a kind of tutorial. I found it was a cool beginning.
I don't know or maybe i'm mistaken. Maybe it was in SH4. And now you start right in the bunker.

Tonci87 04-07-17 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hobomaniac (Post 2477427)
Hello,
I've installed the megamod. And I have two simple questions.

1) I've launched a new campaign. But I remember playing vanilla, there was an intro mission (with some cinematics, dialogs). At the beginning the game asked you if you want to play the tutorial. I was a cool way to begin the game, with elements of story.
But now I just start in a bunker somewhere in Memel and the mission is gone. Is it normal? Is there a way to re-enable this first mission?

2) I talk to the mission officer in the bunker, request mission "baltic operation" then I try to check my equipment, change insignia, etc..but I can't. The equipment officer's dialog options are greyed out. And I can't access the quipment screen. Is this a normal behaviour?

Thank you for your answers.

1) The Tutorial mission was removed, because apart from the cinematic, it didnīt offer anything worthwhile. Your new start from Memel is a much better introduction to the war because you start the game before the war actually begins. Your first mission is also much more interesting than sinking two merchants. You can work in unison with Luftwaffe and Kriegsmarine Units to hunt down two destroyers :)

2) That was already answered

Hobomaniac 04-07-17 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonci87 (Post 2477469)
1) The Tutorial mission was removed, because apart from the cinematic, it didnīt offer anything worthwhile. Your new start from Memel is a much better introduction to the war because you start the game before the war actually begins.

2) I can not answer this. It used to be that you can access the equipment selection, but it might have been disabled for the campaign start since then...

Thank you.
It's ok. So I have no bugs for now and can start the campaign. I'm really excited to play that cool game.

palmic 04-07-17 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hobomaniac (Post 2477470)
Thank you.
It's ok. So I have no bugs for now and can start the campaign. I'm really excited to play that cool game.

Welcome on board Kaleun! :salute:

palmic 04-07-17 04:50 PM

Ok... New campaign again :salute: