SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

daveinfla2002 03-13-17 09:00 PM

question please

Quote:

Originally Posted by LCQ_SH (Post 2470551)
Hi All, :salute:

I just came back after a break and I left my campaign in the Mediterranean with TWoS v 1.05.

I changed my HD to a SSD so everything is fresh and updated to TWoS 1.6. I am using the same mods as before where evrything worked fine, but now that I went on patrol, I am in the perfect position to hit a large convoy, everything goes fine till I get pinned or the flashlight searches for my periscope. At that first ping from the destroyer I get a CTD.

Any ideas why would this be happening?

Thanks.

Mod List:
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
1. The Wolves of Steel 1.06
2. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Update 05i
3. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Real Navigation
4. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Encrypted BdU Orders
Change days in bunker
DeckGun Friendly Waves_Test
New Torpedoes Explosion - FX Update add-on
RUSTED GLORY SH5

where do I get encrypted orders???

Katze 03-13-17 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveinfla2002 (Post 2472696)
where do I get encrypted orders???

It is a mod included in the base expansion pack : The Wolves of Steel 1.06.00 SH5 Expansion Pack: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4861

hauangua 03-14-17 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakket (Post 2472624)
hello and thank you for answering, my SH5 is updated, it had already installed the previous version of twos, replaced with the new 1.6 and update

Hi jakket
from mainly page of TWoS:

"Full game reinstallation is highly recommended when replacing old with new megamod version (for example v1.05 to v1.06) !"

:salute:

Katze 03-14-17 02:18 AM

Lunar Phases fix

Hi all. After installing DynEnv v2.9 many years ago, and recently also TWOS, I noticed the moon phases were reversed, with the lit side of the moon facing away from the sun. EG: lit side of waxing sun was eastern limb and after full moon the waning moon was lit on the west limb. (Northern Hemisphere)

I have modified the moon.dds from DynEnv v2.9 - 01. Main Mod to correct the mistake, matching the phases in the original graphic. Credit for the new graphic goes to the maker(s) of DynEnv v2.9 mod and creator of the moon.dds graphic therein. Original SH5 moon file is included as MoonOriginal.dds

Feel free to incorporate this fix in future TWOS updates! Awesome community and great mod. TY all for the hard work.
-Katze :Kaleun_Cheers:

Unzip to the Silent Hunter 5 Mods folder and install using JGSME after DynEnv v2.9 - 01. Main Mod, or if using TWOS, after 2. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Update 09.

*EDIT: Whoops, 1.1 fix on the way: New testing showed waxing moon was inverted and flipped in game.. silly me thought they'd use the images consistently.
New link to 1.1: https://www.mediafire.com/?nh6hmwbpa62jovz

vdr1981 03-14-17 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakket (Post 2472527)
Hello everyone, not sure where to post this question, I have a problem with the display card, the identification manual appears blocked, the box of the charts appear blacks, I followed the instructions, direct x-date etc., SH5 game for years, now with twos 1.6 this happened to me, can anyone help? or tell me where to turn?

Compatibility mode ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by LCQ_SH (Post 2472691)
Are dolphins large convoys without a ship skin?:hmmm:

Of course not...:doh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katze (Post 2472712)

I have modified the moon.dds from DynEnv v2.9 - 01. Main Mod to correct the mistake, matching the phases in the original graphic. Credit for the new graphic goes to the maker(s) of DynEnv v2.9 mod and creator of the moon.dds graphic therein. Original SH5 moon file is included as MoonOriginal.dds

Feel free to incorporate this fix in future TWOS updates! Awesome community and great mod. TY all for the hard work.

Unzip to the Silent Hunter 5 Mods folder and install using JGSME after DynEnv v2.9 - 01. Main Mod, or if using TWOS, after 2. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Update 09.

https://www.mediafire.com/?ux9cjtuuqv68b0c

Thank you very much Katze! :up: I'll certainly do that in next update...

d_ted 03-14-17 06:42 PM

Good Days Cap'ns

Dear vdr1981

I can not find TWoS 1.06_Snapshot.gps file anywhere in SH5 install folder. -Re-Installed and searched twice.

Please explain which TDW Generic Patcher options needed to be enabled and which options must left disabled.

Or if possible please share TWoS 1.06_Snapshot.gps file for me(us).

Thank you.

Edit_1: I did not read 500 pages of comments, please forgive my laziness if mentioned and solved before.

Edit_2:
Code:

Ok I found the file after third install.

Solution: I disabled my AV and reinstalled TWoS again. I have Eset NOD32 9.

d_ted 03-15-17 12:10 PM

Hello fellow Cap'ns

I have a little problem again.

I recieve warnings after load a saved game every time from TWoS 1.06 Campaign Advance Verifier Testing mod.

I installed TWoS 1.06 as explained in Install Instructions TWoS 1.06_New.rtf file...

But I edited few TWoS files, changed some TDW Patcher and TDW UserOptions for my personal preferences.

I edited torpedoes_g7a-e.zone, shells.zon, DC_X_H.zon and DC_barrels.zon in TWoS 1.06 and edited GameplaySettings.cfg in TWoS 1.06 - Update 09.

I disabled most "Torpedo options" from TDW Patcher (left crew abilities and detonator options unchanged) , enabled "Minimum 0 Wind Speed" option and disebled "Disable Automatic Battery Recharge" and "Increase CO2 generation rate" options.

Can't remember which options I changed in TDW User Options but disabled and enabled all mods after that.

My Mod Order is

TWoS 1.06
TWoS 1.06-Update 09
TWoS 1.06-Encrypted BdU Orders
TWoS 1.06-Increased Flooding via Zone
TWoS 1.06-DeckGun Friendly Waves
TWoS 1.06-UI cmd_Radio Reports
TWoS 1.06-Advance Verifier Testing

So do you have any idea why I recieve warnings continuously from TWoS Campaign Anvance Verifier Testing?

vdr1981 03-15-17 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d_ted (Post 2472942)
Hello fellow Cap'ns

I recieve warnings after load a saved game every time from TWoS 1.06 Campaign Advance Verifier Testing mod.

I installed TWoS 1.06 as explained in Install Instructions TWoS 1.06_New.rtf file...

But I edited few TWoS files, changed some TDW Patcher and TDW UserOptions for my personal preferences.

I edited torpedoes_g7a-e.zone, shells.zon, DC_X_H.zon and DC_barrels.zon in TWoS 1.06 and edited GameplaySettings.cfg in TWoS 1.06 - Update 09.

I disabled most "Torpedo options" from TDW Patcher (left crew abilities and detonator options unchanged) , enabled "Minimum 0 Wind Speed" option and disebled "Disable Automatic Battery Recharge" and "Increase CO2 generation rate" options.

Can't remember which options I changed in TDW User Options but disabled and enabled all mods after that.

My Mod Order is

TWoS 1.06
TWoS 1.06-Update 09

So do you have any idea why I recieve warnings continuously from TWoS Campaign Anvance Verifier Testing?

Export your modlist with JSGME and contact Old Coder...http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/member.php?u=352902

vdr1981 03-15-17 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BL!TZKR!EG (Post 2472998)
Why is here no link included (to V1.2.0) ?

Because these are mod's install instructions, not "how to install the game" tutorial. As far as I am concerned, people should know how to install and configure their games before game modding...

Katze 03-16-17 01:08 AM

Lunar Phases fix 1.1

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katze (Post 2472712)
Hi all. After installing DynEnv v2.9 many years ago, and recently also TWOS, I noticed the moon phases were reversed, with the lit side of the moon facing away from the sun. EG: lit side of waxing sun was eastern limb and after full moon the waning moon was lit on the west limb. (Northern Hemisphere)

** 1.1 update:
Sorry I missed this, as my original testing was on waning moon from Full to New [2 weeks long of campaign time], but new campaign testing shows the waxing moon is inverted and mirrored when viewed in-game.. silly me thought they'd use the images consistently. :oops:
Should now be fixed if the rest of waxing phases follow the pattern inverted and mirrored.

New link to 1.1: https://www.mediafire.com/?nh6hmwbpa62jovz

Let me know if there is anything else I might have missed!

THEBERBSTER 03-16-17 05:16 AM

Hi B
You have to put SH3 out of your mind as SH5 does not work in the same way.
When SH5 is installed it comes with version v1.0.5 installed.
The support folder will lead you to a GamesUpdater folder where you can run the patch application to update to v 1.2
This is update is compulsory.
Unlike SH3 and SH4, SH5 is controlled by Uplay.
Peter

OldCoder 03-16-17 09:31 AM

Quote:

Hello fellow Cap'ns

My Mod Order is

TWoS 1.06
TWoS 1.06-Update 09

Received your PM; replying here. What is the warning exactly?

vdr1981 03-16-17 10:01 AM

Quote:

So far I'm aware of two reasons:

- Enabled "Disable Uplay Browser" advanced patches...
- "Internet" version of the game which is freed from all Uplay crap...

d_ted 03-16-17 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2473095)
So far I'm aware of two reasons:

- Enabled "Disable Uplay Browser" advanced patches...
- "Internet" version of the game which is freed from all Uplay crap...

Thanks for your answers.

The game is ~17 (~7) years old I don't want to use my "non-internet" version of the game. I don't have an option to buy another non-steam/retail copy of the game and want to keep my DVD many more years.

OldCoder 03-16-17 12:42 PM

It could be that. If the OSI exe does not start up when running the game, by definition then there's nothing to respond to the gamepipe requests, and campaign advance check may fail.