SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH3 Mission Designers' Forum (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=198)
-   -   Mission Editor Issues, Anomalies & Bugs (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=82121)

bill clarke 07-09-05 09:43 PM

Mission Editor Issues, Anomalies & Bugs

Guys, I have just created a mission, I save it to my single missions section in the program files, I have checked the file and it is there but not within any of the single game folders. I loaded up the game and went to play it but it is not there. Do I have to create a folder within the single games section and then copy the mission in to that empty folder for it to work ?
Thanks guys.
Bill.

Lannes 07-09-05 11:07 PM

Yes, and the folder must be the exact same name as the mission's name.

There's a good walkthrough for mission creation here-
http://hometown.aol.co.uk/dominicoba...HunterIII.html

bill clarke 07-09-05 11:13 PM

thanks, I have created a new folder and copied the game to it. I have noticed that all the other single missions 2 files a .mis and media.cfg, but my game has only the .mis. What is the meia.cfg file ? and is it supposed to created when you make the game in the mission editor ?

Drebbel 07-10-05 03:41 AM

The media file is not needed at all, it just --->

Quote:

Originally Posted by dev-team member
It ain't needed... it just sets what loading screen to display - and the path of the loading bar...

kiwi_2005 10-02-05 11:48 AM

Error message when validating mission in editor

When i go to validate the mission i get the error:

ERROR: No instance with the name GP1 specified on trigger Carrier exists in mission
ERROR: No instance with the name GP2 specified on trigger Battleship exists in mission

What does this mean?

The GP1 name is for the carrier group i created and GP2 is the name for the Battleship group. They both exist in the mission.

Im trying to make it so if i sink the carrier or battleship I'll get an objective update stating carrier sunk secondary mission complete etc., im doing this in the triggers and events setup.

Theres two triggers named carrier and battleship for the 2nd. Should i instead call it GP1 and GP2? Everything else is fine except this. The mission is single player. This is my first time using the editor. :88)

Thanks to those for creating the help files in this forum on how to lay mines etc., Good stuff.

kiwi_2005 10-02-05 12:03 PM

Ahh i think i got it! I set it up wrong, I never set a Objective Name - Sink Carrier and Objective State - Complete. I just did this and then validated mission and got no errors.

Next Question:
How do i make my sub objective to return to a different base. Leave from Lorient but return to Le Spezia. Would i have to make Primary Objective return to Le Spezia? Is this possible.

The Avon Lady 10-02-05 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwi_2005
Ahh i think i got it! I set it up wrong, I never set a Objective Name - Sink Carrier and Objective State - Complete. I just did this and then validated mission and got no errors.

Thanks. I just had that same problem today.
Quote:

Next Question:
How do i make my sub objective to return to a different base. Leave from Lorient but return to Le Spezia. Would i have to make Primary Objective return to Le Spezia? Is this possible.
Just right click around La Spezia and create a map zone. Then set an objective to reach the map zone. When reached, the objective will automatically be marked as completed.

kiwi_2005 10-02-05 11:07 PM

Thanks Alvon lady :up:

von Buelow 10-05-05 01:50 PM

Dreb, where do we find these and other tidbits from the Dev team?

FAdmiral 10-05-05 02:49 PM

tidbits from the Dev team?
Hardly !!
Trial & Error from all of our very smart, hard working Subsim community people (not necessarily all guys either)....

JIM

Kingswat 12-15-05 07:22 PM

Having a problem adding a player sub

I have been working on a mission for about 3 days now, and the only thing left to do is add the player sub, so I followed the directions that were in the "basics" tutorial that was linked in another post, and when i run the check it still says there is no player sub. Just wondering if anyone can help me out.

Marhkimov 12-15-05 07:25 PM

Go the properties of the sub, and you'll see a check box that says human control... check it. ;)

Kingswat 12-15-05 07:28 PM

That;s what i have been looking for, but there isn't one

TABLEDANCER 03-02-06 01:37 AM

Finding the Mission Editor

Hi guys,
I just started playing this game and I can`t find a way to get to the Mission Editor,is there anybody out there that can give me a hand or some idea on how to find it. :rock:
TD

Floater 03-02-06 01:41 AM

Look in your "Program Files" folder on your hard drive, then "Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII", and you should find a file called "Sh3MissionEditor.exe". Launch that, and you're ready to go. :up: