SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] S3D - Silent 3ditor (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=119571)

skwasjer 04-14-09 04:16 PM

Thanks Seeadler, I think this relates to the same bug reported to me about 2-3 months ago via another forum. I will test this scenario in my local build when I can, but I think it is fixed already for next release (whenever that is!?). Unfortunately I'm horribly tied up IRL right now. Haven't touched S3D since January, my goals for final release have been postponed, and postponed... and postponed... Anyway, you get it... :shifty:

But, at least there's a positive note to add that things are somewhat stabilizing so hopefully in some weeks... :-?

jean74 04-18-09 04:26 AM

Damage model edit function

Hi Skwasjer,

First Many thanks for your incrédible soft S3D. :up:

I use your version 0.9.4 for SH3 :oops:and I enjoy it very much.
On your website I have seen (on your screenshot page) that we can have an Damage model edit function.

But I'am unable to found and use it. Perhaps, this function will include in your next release.

Please, Can you confirm ?

Many thanks for your reply,

Best regards,

Jean

Ps Sorry for my bad english language.:oops:

skwasjer 04-18-09 06:07 AM

Hi jean74,

Yes, the zone editor is not yet available but will be in next release. I posted the screenshots a while ago because initial plan was to release that version somewhere late januari, but due to some critical flaws/bugs I haven't done so yet. I hope soon...

skwas

jean74 04-18-09 06:54 AM

Thank you

Thank you very much

for your answer and for your great job.:salute:
So I'm Waiting for your next release.

Have a good day,

Best regards,

Jean

iambecomelife 04-18-09 04:28 PM

Hey; I was wondering if any Windows XP users are having problems with S3ditor? Since the most recent automatic update released by Microsoft, it crashes at startup, stating that it has "encountered a problem". I've been trying to fix it for hours - no luck. :nope:

vickers03 04-18-09 04:39 PM

Quote:

Hey; I was wondering if any Windows XP users are having problems with S3ditor? Since the most recent automatic update released by Microsoft, it crashes at startup, stating that it has "encountered a problem". I've been trying to fix it for hours - no luck. :nope:
recently updated too via internet explorer, frame network 3.5, no problems..

iambecomelife 04-19-09 02:45 AM

Never mind - problem solved.

skwasjer 04-19-09 05:34 AM

iabl:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...304#post857304

Problem is a corrupted config file. Can be fixed by simply removing it.

Anvart 04-21-09 04:28 PM

Today tried to edit *.sim file by S3D and has received extra code ... Type 10 with rubbish ...? :hmmm:
Ver. 0.94

Wolfling04 05-10-09 01:57 AM

Anybody have any suggestions on a good 3d modeling program. I really dont have 2k to spend on 3d's Max 9 :cry:

DarkFish 05-11-09 04:35 AM

try misfit model 3d.
http://www.misfitcode.com/misfitmodel3d/
Misfit is a great 3d modeling program, and it's free!
if you're not afraid of using betas you really should try the 1.3.8 release.

peabody 05-11-09 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfling04 (Post 1098690)
Anybody have any suggestions on a good 3d modeling program. I really dont have 2k to spend on 3d's Max 9 :cry:

Another good one if you can figure out the weird interface is Blender. I have seen a lot of nice work done with it, but it has a very strange interface. Also free. There are a lot of tutorials about it on the net, if you have the time.

Peabody

Wolfling04 05-12-09 12:40 AM

Thanks a lot for the help gents, I REALLY wanna get into modding...creating playable ships and such but i just couldn't find and program to do that with.

BTW I did successfully create a giant hole in the Iowa...:D It was funny to watch it cruising about with a giant hole in it.

Everyone has to start somewhere...Ill start by making giant holes

mad 05-12-09 10:39 AM

Hello, guys. When I export 3d models with S3D and try to import them into 3dmax I get message that I missing textures .tga so in 3d max I have no textures. Up to recently I used Pack3D with S3D so when I import 3d model in 3d max 2009 I manually add path to folder where I have previously exported model with Pack 3d so it uses textures from there. Problem is that Pack3d cannot open guns_radars.dat file. S3D can but I have no textures, or i do not know how to export textures from .dat file with S3d. Any help will be much apriciated.

mad 05-15-09 07:36 PM

Anyone? Plz...

Captain von Keldunk 05-16-09 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mad (Post 1099989)
Hello, guys. When I export 3d models with S3D and try to import them into 3dmax I get message that I missing textures .tga so in 3d max I have no textures. Up to recently I used Pack3D with S3D so when I import 3d model in 3d max 2009 I manually add path to folder where I have previously exported model with Pack 3d so it uses textures from there. Problem is that Pack3d cannot open guns_radars.dat file. S3D can but I have no textures, or i do not know how to export textures from .dat file with S3d. Any help will be much apriciated.

Say in NSS_Uboat7c.dat you need to export embedded image.
With S3D open NSS_Uboat7c.dat. open node NSS_Uboat7c_hull.tga,
click on embedded image and on right side is import/export option in blue color.:woot:

Seeadler 05-16-09 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mad (Post 1099989)
S3D can but I have no textures, or i do not know how to export textures from .dat file with S3d. Any help will be much apriciated.

guns_radars.dat file does not include embedded textures, only references to them. The textures for the models in guns_radars.dat file are stored here:
\Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific\Data\Textures\TNormal\tex

ETR3(SS) 05-24-09 07:55 PM

I'm looking for an easy way of copying the data in one node to another. I'm trying to get the tube door opening animation correct. Currently the doors open outward instead of inward like they should. I know the cause of the problem, the tube doors were originally mounted opposite ( you would order tube 1 opened and tube 2 to would actually open). When they were mounted opposite the doors opened inward like they should have. I'm thinking it's as simple as swapping the values, left for right right for left. So short of changing each value individually how else could I swap values?

DarkFish 05-25-09 10:05 AM

S3D v0.9.4 features a copy-paste function. In your case all you have to do (if I understand you correctly) is copy the animation node and all of its contents (KeyFrameAnimStartParams, PositionKeyFrames and RotationKeyFrames).
to do this select one of these properties, press the copy button and the paste button. Now you've got a duplicate. Repeat this for each one, change the parent ID and index of them, and you're finished.

ETR3(SS) 05-25-09 09:16 PM

Thanks DarkFish. The key was changing the parent ID. I had discovered the copy and paste method but couldn't figure out how to get it under the right node. What you posted was spot on. :up: