SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Demon777 10-31-20 01:29 PM

Tonci87

that's quite strange :o

especially taking into account the class of battleship (historically, North Carolina's displacement was more than 44000t, so she was a hard ship to sink)

Texas Red 10-31-20 01:42 PM

I sank the North Carolina in The Final Years campaign chapter of SH5 with 3 torpedoes and she went up in a beautiful ball of flame.

jorca2 11-06-20 12:58 PM

I have a problem with torpedo number 2, electric. it won't let me change the speed of it. It only has a slow option. is that normal ??
Another defect that I have and that I have installed the ship autorecognition patch is that the ship does not identify me when I give the order to the officer. only "warship" or "merchant" indicates me.

les green01 11-06-20 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorca2 (Post 2705323)
I have a problem with torpedo number 2, electric. it won't let me change the speed of it. It only has a slow option. is that normal ??
Another defect that I have and that I have installed the ship autorecognition patch is that the ship does not identify me when I give the order to the officer. only "warship" or "merchant" indicates me.

can't change speed on the electric eels so slow she is you you should see a periscope icon when clicking on weapons officer

jorca2 11-06-20 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by les green01 (Post 2705333)
can't change speed on the electric eels so slow she is you you should see a periscope icon when clicking on weapons officer

thanks for your answer. Yes, I click on the target icon and then on the weapons officer's periscope icon, but I only get the generic warship or merchant

les green01 11-06-20 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorca2 (Post 2705350)
thanks for your answer. Yes, I click on the target icon and then on the weapons officer's periscope icon, but I only get the generic warship or merchant

that don't sound right you might have to deactivate it in jsmge then reactivate see what happens

jorca2 11-07-20 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by les green01 (Post 2705380)
that don't sound right you might have to deactivate it in jsmge then reactivate see what happens

Ok, i'll try It.

Sone7 11-13-20 02:15 PM

Hello,
does anyone happen to know how to change the tactical map screen postion, as discussed here?
I prefer to disable GUI elements, but on 1440p the minimap button is only moved up, beyond 1080 pixels as I imagine. This is not enough fo higher resolutions.
Thanks!

vdr1981 11-13-20 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sone7 (Post 2706845)
Hello,
...as discussed here?

The answer is just above your post in that threat...:yep:

Sone7 11-13-20 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2706870)
The answer is just above your post in that threat...:yep:

Thanks ;)
...but not really, unfortunately. The workaround to the problem suggested there is to turn the minimap on, because the OP apparently didn't know he had it disabled by mistake.
What I need is to change its position. This is because TAI, even when turned on, switches to off mode with EssentialControlsScroll = True (MultipleUIs OF). When TAI is OFF, it is not actually disabled, but only pushed up beyond the screen (1080p?). I think the solution is to find out where exactly this position is specified and simply change it to a value more in line with 1440p resolution.

Examples:

left controls panel moused in
https://i.imgur.com/pxsk6DH.png
left controls panel hidden
https://i.imgur.com/kv3fhOJ.png
left controls panel hidden, TAI open
https://i.imgur.com/W9K1DqP.png
Minimap is ON in all above screenshots.

Notice the TAI thingy in the top left corner. It disappears only when TAI is actually open, which is not ideal :arrgh!:

Captain Prise 11-14-20 04:38 AM

Hey all! Does this mod have any extra mods somewhere that could reduce graphical intensity/boost performance/reduce effects or any mod that could help low-end PC's increase fps?
My specs - 4gig ram, intel HD graphics

les green01 11-16-20 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Prise (Post 2706961)
Hey all! Does this mod have any extra mods somewhere that could reduce graphical intensity/boost performance/reduce effects or any mod that could help low-end PC's increase fps?
My specs - 4gig ram, intel HD graphics

doubt you going find anything like that best thing to try be like quickboost or a program like enditall how bad fps are you getting

Captain Prise 11-16-20 12:46 AM

I'm getting about 20-30 most of the time. There are annoying times when I get 7-15 though like when I'm using UZO or any periscope

fitzcarraldo 11-17-20 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Prise (Post 2707333)
I'm getting about 20-30 most of the time. There are annoying times when I get 7-15 though like when I'm using UZO or any periscope

SH5 needs a low powered and independent GC, and TWoS a medium powered GC. It doesn´t work well with integrated GCs. I obtain 60 FPS (fixed to 30 FPS via Nvidia Inspector), my PC is a medium powered machine, not a top notch.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

Salvadoreno 11-20-20 03:25 PM

Haven't seen these radio log messages before but while on my rather uneventful first patrol (1 ship sunk in 1 month), i finished my patrol orders and was ordered to a new patrol grid.

Once I got there I was given another captain log message to rendezvous with a uboat to take over convoy shadowing duties (AMAZING!). But is this just for flavor or was it an encounter possibility? Unfortunately my navigator completely went bonkers when I tried to position myself in the area of the rendezvous and never got there on time.

That was never in the vanilla right?