SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Capt. Morgan 04-26-17 08:42 AM

@MCM :Kaleun_Cheers: I know, there's the translation, but for me that can be awkward when a lot of notifications are happening at once. WoS 1.05 (the last version I played) honoured the players choice of language.

@kevinsue :up: Thanks, your English Voices patch set me on the right path. I just disabled WoS, then removed the data\Sound\Speech folder from the mod

Justaparps 04-26-17 09:18 AM

How i fixed the problem, Sh5 WOS black GUI tickboxes problem

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2480738)
A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Justaparps
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community

You have a Direct X problem!
Make sure your SH5 installation also installed Direct X.
DirectX 9.0C
Also check that your GPU is set up correctly.

Post #239 Changing The Nvidia GPU Settings
Post #240 Changing AMD Radeon GPU Settings

I fixed it!

How?

Redownloaded directx from link provided and let it run as admin, also used gpu settings showed in the link above(i had nvidia card so i used nvidia link).

Unloaded WOS mod from JGSME, after that reloaded WOS mod, and repeated install Step 4: and Step 5:

After that bug went away... :k_confused: :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

My guess is that something went frong in step 4 TDW? patching process...

vdr1981 04-26-17 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justaparps (Post 2480845)
I fixed it!

How?

Redownloaded directx from link provided and let it run as admin, also used gpu settings showed in the link above(i had nvidia card so i used nvidia link).

Unloaded WOS mod from JGSME, after that reloaded WOS mod, and repeated install Step 4: and Step 5:

After that bug went away... :k_confused: :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

My guess is that something went frong in step 4 TDW? patching process...

Thanks for a feedback!:up:

diggzakk 04-26-17 02:29 PM

is BRT full compatible with Twos?

vdr1981 04-27-17 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diggzakk (Post 2480885)
is BRT full compatible with Twos?

Never heard for "BRT"...

THEBERBSTER 04-27-17 05:44 AM

I think he may mean BRF = BARF and if so is not compatible with TWOS
Peter

vdr1981 04-27-17 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Able72 (Post 2480764)
While we are running a different set of optional mods, I did run into the same thing after sinking a battle ship in Scapa Flow. I finally gave up on it, and started another campaign. Didn't do Scapa Flow this time. If you find a fix I'd love to hear about it.

Could be hidden and hard to reproduce damaged group leader scripts bug introduced by Inteligent Random AI mod. If this is true I'll bypass the issue when I find some time to test Scapa mission...:yep:

Quote:

On another note, it looks like you have a redundent set of mods enabled. I think that

TWoS Zones_Incr. Flooding via Zones 2
TWoS Zones_Reduc. Fires and Expl._Incr. Flooding via Zones 2

Are two variations on the same thing and effect the same sets of file in different ways. So that effectively only the last one enabled is doing anything.
Exactly...:up:

wolfbaron 04-27-17 09:39 AM

Scapa flow CTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Able72 View Post
While we are running a different set of optional mods, I did run into the same thing after sinking a battle ship in Scapa Flow. I finally gave up on it, and started another campaign. Didn't do Scapa Flow this time. If you find a fix I'd love to hear about it.

Had the same , if you install the directx9c shared previously , you will not run into to that....just install it and try one more time

vdr1981 04-27-17 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfbaron (Post 2481026)

Had the same , if you install the directx9c shared previously , you will not run into to that....just install it and try one more time

That could be merely a coincidence...
Did you receive "ship sunk" in your cpt log prior your Skapa CTD?

3catcircus 04-27-17 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2480832)
Upload two of your last gamesaves (Documents/SH5/data/cfg/SaveGames/000000**) so that I can try to reproduce your CTD...Did you have uboat flags enabled when game crashed?

I managed to reload an earlier save and went from there. Unofrtunately, I deleted / overwrote the last 2 saves in the process of doing so, before seeing your post.

Assuming they are part of the stock TWoS 2.0.0 install, then yes, uboat flags are enabled.

THEBERBSTER 04-28-17 05:47 AM

Hi 3c
Quote:

I deleted / overwrote the last 2 saves in the process of doing so, before seeing your post.
Do not overwrite game saves always make your own manual save.
A clean game save is less likely to be corrupted if at all.
Peter

vdr1981 04-28-17 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3catcircus (Post 2481100)
I managed to reload an earlier save and went from there. Unofrtunately, I deleted / overwrote the last 2 saves in the process of doing so, before seeing your post.

Assuming they are part of the stock TWoS 2.0.0 install, then yes, uboat flags are enabled.

It is important to tell me was the battleship only damaged prior your CTD or you was credited fully for your kill (appropriate entry appeared in your cpt log) ?

wolfbaron 04-28-17 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2481045)
That could be merely a coincidence...
Did you receive "ship sunk" in your cpt log prior your Skapa CTD?

it was sovereign batlleship , when the game used to CTD , it did not show as sunk on Map . although anything else i sank on scapa showed ,

but tonnage was added i see it when i press "k"

after the Directx . no CTD at all and i see the sunk map icon

i am sorry i ahve no more details of problematic behaviour as i already in another patrol now ....no other CTD ...
will make sure to gather more details if i face CTDs

3catcircus 04-28-17 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2481171)
It is important to tell me was the battleship only damaged prior your CTD or you was credited fully for your kill (appropriate entry appeared in your cpt log) ?

Fully credited for the kill. I had sunk the one ship. I had ignored the HMS Renown battlecruiser and didn't even fire at it.

Something i noticed during every CTD was that two Patroclus armed merchants were to the southwest of me and sailing eastward.

vdr1981 04-28-17 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfbaron (Post 2481196)
it was sovereign batlleship , when the game used to CTD , it did not show as sunk on Map . although anything else i sank on scapa showed ,

but tonnage was added i see it when i press "k"

after the Directx . no CTD at all and i see the sunk map icon

i am sorry i ahve no more details of problematic behaviour as i already in another patrol now ....no other CTD ...
will make sure to gather more details if i face CTDs

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3catcircus (Post 2481198)
Fully credited for the kill. I had sunk the one ship. I had ignored the HMS Renown battlecruiser and didn't even fire at it.

Something i noticed during every CTD was that two Patroclus armed merchants were to the southwest of me and sailing eastward.

Thanks guys for your reports. What ever that was it will be hard to catch without a gamesave or exact test scenario. In any case, similar situation in normal game play should be extremely rare...Happy hunting!