SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

palmic 04-01-16 03:24 PM

I definitely don't want it to be fully stabilized, but rather usable to surface attacks with pleasant weather conditions at least. I'll try to tune it up when i spend all eels to large convoy I'm shadowing now. :salute:
It will be second night attack :arrgh!:

Subwolf 04-01-16 05:11 PM

I think people must figure out on their own what's relastic or not, and not just hit that 100% realism button. In my point of view, that setting makes some stuff less realistic because of the basic flaws.

I don't run 100% anyway, would never play without the external camera for example, removes a lot of the fun.

palmic 04-01-16 05:30 PM

I play always without external cam because i cannot stand desire to abuse it. It makes viable part of my feeling i really am in that steel cigar and have to use what i have there.

What about what is or isn't realistic in pc Sims - many things at pc are much more difficult, than In reality, for instance to drive car, or to flight plane, because you have very limited field of sight and you don't feel it at your own body at all and that's very important.

I remember yt video of some dude about tanker refueling in falcon 4.0 which was actually ex f16 pilot and he said this is really much more difficult, because if you feel it In reality, you just have more senses about situation.

In reality he refueled usually at first try, in game he had to reconnect.

Back to twos and uzo - i would just like to be encouraged to use surface attack as easier way at night. That would be awesome.
In other hand - attacks in twos seems to me most realistic of all sh games I played before as ships are nearly blind at night for a first time. For instance i was never able before to be able to go into convoy at night. Well i was not successful, but it felt to be able to accomplish :)

THEBERBSTER 04-01-16 06:10 PM

Hi vecko
Re-installed SH5 and TWOS + patch 9
Started a new career 100% with mods 1,2,3
Combined speed chart now shows.
No idea why it did not before.
Peter

excel4004 04-01-16 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2394341)
Hi vecko
Peter

Good news! :salute:

vdr1981 04-02-16 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2394341)
Hi vecko
Peter

You didn't have to do complete reinstallation just for single chart. :hmm2: Deleting only PageDefaultHud_Draggables.TDW should do the trick as well...

You should be able to continue your campaign if you have backup of your last save from previous campaign...:yep:

THEBERBSTER 04-02-16 04:55 AM

Hi Vecko
Just to clear up a point.
Is the deletion done with the mods disabled from the mods folder?
Is the deletion done with the mod enabled and the file deleted from the main folder?

I decided to start another new campaign (realistic) because previously I changed 2 of the game play settings that gave me 86% and having done the Baltic with that I wanted to do all my campaigns on 100% from the start and with my speed conversion chart problem this was a good opportunity to do it.
Peter

vdr1981 04-02-16 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2394463)
Is the deletion done with the mod enabled and the file deleted from the main folder?

It's irrelevant...You only need delete mentioned file/s, start the game and charts default positions will be restored. Your missing chart was probably hidden outside your screen perimeters, it happens sometimes with charts and recognition manual. This is also mentioned in tips...
Don't you already have tutorial for something similar, if I'm not mistaken?:hmm2:

palmic 04-02-16 06:46 AM

Is there some way how to raise morale from ashes back to lets say 50% at individuals?
It seems successful torpedo hits (and sunks) did raise nothing :hmmm:

vdr1981 04-02-16 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2394486)
Is there some way how to raise morale from ashes back to lets say 50% at individuals?

Well-timed food, talk, bosun intervention and warship sinking can increase/maintain moral but ordinary merchants can not...

You don't wait for moral/enthusiasm/fatigue (or what ever you like to call it) to drop down to 0 and then deal with it....

Sjizzle 04-02-16 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2394486)

invest skill point in Bosun for better food and all what rise the crew moral.... i spend skill point to Sonar guy, Bosun, Navigator, at when i have more skill points then i need i spend it on the engineer....for better silent running, faster repair etc etc

Sjizzle 04-02-16 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2394463)
Hi Vecko
Just to clear up a point.

I decided to start another new campaign (realistic) because previously I changed 2 of the game play settings that gave me 86% and having done the Baltic with that I wanted to do all my campaigns on 100% from the start and with my speed conversion chart problem this was a good opportunity to do it.
Peter

as vecko said u can delete them when u wish i usual delete them after each 3'th or 4'th mission .....i don't care if they reset to the default settings :D

redline202 04-02-16 07:33 AM

Hi all. Great Mod :salute:
Is there a way to start with VIIB in late campaign, for example in Western Approaches?
Back when i was playing SH4, i was messing with UPCDataGE files and it worked. But no luck in SH5.
Does anyone know how to do that?
Thanks.

vdr1981 04-02-16 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redline202 (Post 2394508)
Hi all. Great Mod :salute:
Is there a way to start with VIIB in late campaign, for example in Western Approaches?
Back when i was playing SH4, i was messing with UPCDataGE files and it worked. But no luck in SH5.
Does anyone know how to do that?
Thanks.

data\UPCDataGE\UPCCampaignData\CareerOptions.upc

Code:

[CareerOptions 4]
ID= WesternApproaches41

[CareerOptions 4.Flotilla 1]
ID= C4Flotilla1
NameDisplayable= 6. Unterseebootsflottille
IDLinkFlotilla= 6thFlotilla                  ; link to ID in Flotilla upc file
IDLinkUserPlayerUnits= F4VIIC, 1  ;change it to "F4VIIB" and start WA campaign
FlotillaBriefingText=   
FlotillaCommonality= 1

palmic 04-02-16 10:03 AM

I would vote to make periscope at night nearly invisible or even totally invisible.
As this could sound like nonsense, it will be much more relevant according to many documentaries about convoy attacks. At the night, sub was nearly invisible even if it was emerged in the middle of convoy between the ships.

As convoy tried to be invisible from distance, they was totally dark.

When sub attacked, they tried to use spotlights, but mostly without any success as they had no idea from which point attack started.

Periscope was really invisible in such situation