SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Bidartarra 12-19-16 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2453157)
no, not at all...

Alright then, I'll disable it

fitzcarraldo 12-19-16 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2453148)
Why don't you disable optional real nav addon then and play with stock GPS navigation?

Also you can use the special optional mod for deck gun with high waves.
Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

fitzcarraldo 12-19-16 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bidartarra (Post 2453166)
Alright then, I'll disable it

Not needed. TDC and torpedoes works as must be with/without the Real navigation mod.

The german torpedoes in early WW2 have many failures, mainly with magnetic pistols. Try only with contact pistols and obtain a good solution. Autotargeting works fine but you need to fix the target with the bar key and have autotargeting enabled. You will have missed fishes, of course. That´s realistic.

Try with the "new ships mission" and you see how works.

Also, see the tutorials videos. You wil see no need to ram merchants to sink them....

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

palmic 12-19-16 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pzrshrek (Post 2453107)
I tried now for 3 days getting this to work, all is good exept:

1. despite all help in forum torps cant be shot AT targets, only hvy misses all around. i managed to hit a freighter from 600 metres point blank straight ahead but the other 3 torps missed by some metres. autotargeting with XO off, modded WoS as per instrouction so i can turn it off but it doesnt matter really, torps never go even close to where i want them to

2. deck gun is destroyed with this mod, it cant shoot automatic, so i have to man it and fire it point blank. Since it is impossible to aim due to waves along the gunsight is removed (seriously?!), i must be within 100 metres and even then i must wait for the right wave nanosecond to shoot.

Only way to sink a merchant with this mod is to ram it

No offence but this mod acually does the game even more unplayable than stock.

So my tip for anybody who wants to install this, be forewarned! You need atleast advanced knowledge of computer modding, atleast 5-10 hrs to get it work, and most recommended an exam in submarine navigation and calculation

I know what you are talking about, i spent a months to learn how to target torpedoes, but i managed to be able to hit unalerted medium merchant +- 5meters from point where i am looking at with manual TDC targetting without any asistance :03:

Its just some real hard work kaleun, but this mod actually made SH5 worth to play for me simply because if this hard learning curve. :salute:

vdr1981 12-21-16 09:48 AM

Quote:

No offence but this mod acually does the game even more unplayable than stock.

It pretty much depends on what you actually assume by "playable" game...
In any case , you are free to play stock anytime you like .:up::salute:

P.S.
(good luck with that)...:O:

Txema 12-21-16 02:14 PM

Quote:

No offence but this mod actually does the game even more unplayable than stock.

Yes, that is the general consensus here. There is no interest in this mod and almost nobody plays it. It is apparent from the very low number of posts in this thread :O:

:k_confused:

Or perhaps you are not understanding properly how to play with the mod... :hmmm:

Cybermat47 12-22-16 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinsue (Post 2452538)
You should be able to send both reports using the Radio guy or the Watch Officer dialogue boxes. You should hear the Radio guy saying "Report sent" after a short while. It will also state the above in the Ships Journal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2452541)
Hi Kevin
There is no message confirmation in the message box or vocal response when a weather report is sent or IIRC from other commands from the radio operator's icon.
The responses seem to happen when the order to the radio operator comes from the WO on the bridge.
Peter

I tried both, no response.

In the previous version, you could instruct the radio operator to send reports using the crew bar at the bottom of the screen, and that always worked. Any idea why it was removed?

kevinsue 12-22-16 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Txema (Post 2453578)
Yes, that is the general consensus here. There is no interest in this mod and almost nobody plays it. It is apparent from the very low number of posts in this thread :O:

Are you sure?.....with over 3000 downloads of TWoS v1.6, and around 6,500 posts and 800,000 views for this mod, I'm unsure how you arrived at your "general consensus" :06:

MCM 12-22-16 07:51 AM

Don't listen to him. There are always people being negative, just small dogs barking. We have a wonderful positive community, don't get disturbed by this people.

vit90 12-22-16 09:32 AM

Auto TDC (TDC turn off)

Hi guys. Please, someone help me. How can i switch on an automatic targeting when shooting by torpedos (without long calculations).:k_confused: Or it's exists additional mod for it (if it not possible to do in this modpack)? And yet i had noticed, that in dialog of torpedo officer is absent a function "TDC turn off" when i locked an aim. Why is it?:hmmm:

vdr1981 12-22-16 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinsue (Post 2453675)
Are you sure?.....with over 3000 downloads of TWoS v1.6, and around 6,500 posts and 800,000 views for this mod, I'm unsure how you arrived at your "general consensus" :06:

Texma is just been sarcastic...:03:

Actuallt , only v1.06 has 3000 downloads, with all previous versions the number of downloads is about 25.000...:yep:

vdr1981 12-22-16 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vit90 (Post 2453700)
Hi guys. Please, someone help me. How can i switch on an automatic targeting when shooting by torpedos (without long calculations).:k_confused: Or it's exists additional mod for it (if it not possible to do in this modpack)? And yet i had noticed, that in dialog of torpedo officer is absent a function "TDC turn off" when i locked an aim. Why is it?:hmmm:

Just disable manual TDC option in game settings, jump into historical mission, point the periscope and shoot...In campaign, gameplay options can be changed only in bunker...

vit90 12-22-16 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2453702)
Just disable manual TDC option in game settings, jump into historical mission, point the periscope and shoot...In campaign, gameplay options can be changed only in bunker...

Thank you very much! It's unbelievable. I had checked half files of megamod, edited many files, install others mods to fix it. But the solution proved in top off all of that, 10 sec and it's done ))))) Thank you!:Kaleun_Applaud::Kaleun_Cheers:

vdr1981 12-22-16 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vit90 (Post 2453717)
Thank you very much! It's unbelievable. I had checked half files of megamod, edited many files, install others mods to fix it. But the solution proved in top off all of that, 10 sec and it's done ))))) Thank you!:Kaleun_Applaud::Kaleun_Cheers:

What is unbelievable to me is that you are not the only one with this issue...:)
Happy "auto" hunting... :O:

Txema 12-22-16 04:41 PM

Quote:

No offence but this mod actually does the game even more unplayable than stock.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Txema (Post 2453578)

:k_confused:

Or perhaps you are not understanding properly how to play with the mod... :hmmm:

Dear friends,

Of course I was just being sarcastic ! I found the comment by pzrshrek so unfair that I had to post my sarcastic comment...

I love this mod, it makes SH5 the best Silent Hunter game in my opinion !

And the love for this mod is the obvious general consensus in the SH5 community ! The numbers are great as it has been commented: 6,500 posts and 800,000 views for this thread, v1.06 with 3000 downloads, and with all previous versions the number of downloads is about 25.000. Wow !!!

I can only say excellent work, vdr1981, thank you very much !!!!
:salute:

Txema