SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

fitzcarraldo 01-30-20 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2647011)
And which port have submarine icon on your nav map? You should go there. There really shouldn't be any problems regarding these stuff...Sometimes save/reload is necessary if docking menu doesn't pop-up, but this is very rare from my experience...

Being now in Wilhelmshaven, no boat icon in any port.

I have a savegame entering St. Nazaire and I will wait the icon. It is April 16. The appointment was April 15. Maybe the trigger of base change didn't work. To be continued...

Many thanks and regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

excel4004 02-02-20 11:27 AM

Quote:

Free hunt, no mission requested in bunker.

Maybe this could be the issue? :hmmm: I never left the port without requested mission, do you do this often. Why?

vdr1981 02-03-20 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excel4004 (Post 2647470)
Maybe this could be the issue? :hmmm: I never left the port without requested mission, do you do this often. Why?

I doubt...Base transfers and secondary mission are completely separated parts of the game.

fitzcarraldo 02-03-20 02:02 PM

The issue was resolved, but I don´t know if it was an issue.

On April 15, 1941, I receive a BdU message: appointment to Base St. Nazaire.

No mini sub icon in any port. I went to St. Nazaire, without icon, on April 16. Only refit.

Then, I went to Kiel, and then to Wilhelmshaven. April 23 in Wilhelmshaven, no icons in any port.

On April 26, appeared the sub icon in the new base St. Nazaire. And I´m going now to St. Nazaire for end the patrol. TDC out (red-0%), scopes out (red-0%). Four torpedoes.

So, there was a delay between the message (April 15) and the icon appearance (26 April).

Resolved for me, but I don't know if this delay is a normal behaviour. First delay in all my patrols with 2.2.17 (ten patrols).

Many thanks for all the help and support!:Kaleun_Applaud:

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

vdr1981 02-03-20 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2647599)
The issue was resolved, but I don´t know if it was an issue.

On April 15, 1941, I receive a BdU message: appointment to Base St. Nazaire.

No mini sub icon in any port. I went to St. Nazaire, without icon, on April 16. Only refit.

Then, I went to Kiel, and then to Wilhelmshaven. April 23 in Wilhelmshaven, no icons in any port.

On April 26, appeared the sub icon in the new base St. Nazaire. And I´m going now to St. Nazaire for end the patrol. TDC out (red-0%), scopes out (red-0%). Four torpedoes.

So, there was a delay between the message (April 15) and the icon appearance (26 April).

Resolved for me, but I don't know if this delay is a normal behaviour. First delay in all my patrols with 2.2.17 (ten patrols).

Many thanks for all the help and support!:Kaleun_Applaud:

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

Probably BdU didn't want you home so soon Captain. Maybe you should be "more aggressive". :03::)

Ashikaga 02-03-20 04:16 PM

I am still on 2.2.7 which runs stable on my rig for now, will probably upgrade to the latest after I have finished my full campaign (end of war).

It is 1940 still in my game. ROFL.

:Kaleun_Cheers:

Levyathan89 02-05-20 03:40 PM

I got a quick question, I hope someone can help me.

Wasn't the maxium depth ability of the enginneer unlocked from the start in former versions of TWoS? Has this been changed? Because I installed TWoS v2.2.17, everything works fine, but in my Type VIIB, I can only dive to about 175 m before I get crushed, which is silly and unrealistic and bothers me quite a lot. Is there any way to fix this?

vdr1981 02-05-20 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levyathan89 (Post 2647953)
I got a quick question, I hope someone can help me.

Wasn't the maxium depth ability of the enginneer unlocked from the start in former versions of TWoS? Has this been changed? Because I installed TWoS v2.2.17, everything works fine, but in my Type VIIB, I can only dive to about 175 m before I get crushed, which is silly and unrealistic and bothers me quite a lot. Is there any way to fix this?

Something is wrong with your game. TWoS boats are by default certified for depths well bellow 175m...:yep: Better check you game/mod installation!:salute:

Levyathan89 02-06-20 02:30 AM

Thank you for your quick response!

Hm, that's weird. Because everything else seems to be fine. The installation went well and exactly as it was described in the installation manual. I haven't activated any mods other than the optional TwoS-Mods that came with the package (start with VIIB etc).

ThePrody 02-06-20 04:33 AM

Did you had any previous damage to the boat and repair it ?

Levyathan89 02-06-20 05:10 AM

No, I think I didn't. I started a new patrol,went sraight out of the harbor into deep waters and started diving. I wanted to test diving, because it seemed odd to me that the Chief Engineer's passive ability (deep diving) was not fully unlocked yet and I had in mind that, like I said, in TwoS this particular ability should be unlocked right from the start.

I did a re-installation earlier this morning, as soon as I geht home tonight, I'll try diving again.

vdr1981 02-06-20 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levyathan89 (Post 2648024)
No, I think I didn't. I started a new patrol,went sraight out of the harbor into deep waters and started diving. I wanted to test diving, because it seemed odd to me that the Chief Engineer's passive ability (deep diving) was not fully unlocked yet and I had in mind that, like I said, in TwoS this particular ability should be unlocked right from the start.

I did a re-installation earlier this morning, as soon as I geht home tonight, I'll try diving again.

Did you upgrade your hydrophones to GHG+KDB prior the departure? Maybe you only suffered damage to your KDB sensors due to extreme pressure?

Levyathan89 02-06-20 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2648048)
Did you upgrade your hydrophones to GHG+KDB prior the departure? Maybe you only suffered damage to your KDB sensors due to extreme pressure?

Yes I did. You're right, that could be the problem. Thanks! I thought I was being crushed because the officer started shouting "Wir sind zu tief!" (We're too deep). :)

vdr1981 02-06-20 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levyathan89 (Post 2648059)
Yes I did. You're right, that could be the problem. Thanks! I thought I was being crushed because the officer started shouting "Wir sind zu tief!" (We're too deep). :)

That's OK then. Historically KDB sensors would suffer irreparable damage at 100m but I increased that to something like 180m for gameplay sake...Happy hunting Levyathan89! :salute:

Levyathan89 02-06-20 10:06 AM

Thanks! :Kaleun_Salute: