SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

gap 09-15-18 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2568872)
Hey Gap!:salute:
Yes, I remember that addon but IIRC there were some really strange looking anomalies in shallow waters so I decided not to use it in the package.

Hi Vecko :salute:

I find the effect of the seabottom visible through the sea surface (if that's what you mean) pretty nice actually, but I suppose that depends mostly on personal taste and maybe of the graphic card used :)

vdr1981 09-15-18 09:37 PM

:hmmm:
Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2568879)
Hi Vecko :salute:

I find the effect of the seabottom visible through the sea surface (if that's what you mean) pretty nice actually, but I suppose that depends mostly on personal taste and maybe of the graphic card used :)

Not exactly. I remember some dark seabottom patches in certain parts of somewhat deeper waters near ports, when looked from above. It looked quite strange. :hmmm:

Fifi 09-16-18 01:43 AM

Guys, the Clear Water Surface add on doesn’t work with my graphic card, it seems.
I can see much better my submarine through surface, that’s right, but ships still have the SH3 look.
Can’t see the hull or keel through surface in museum.

skin-nl 09-16-18 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sephra (Post 2568842)
I select the SH5 install directory while installation ("Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Silent Hunter 5").

Welcome Sephra.:salute:

You need to install SH5 outside the "program files x86" directory because of the restrictions.

Michael

sephra 09-16-18 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skin-nl (Post 2568902)
Welcome Sephra.:salute:

You need to install SH5 outside the "program files x86" directory because of the restrictions.

Michael

Thank you for your help, I will try it :)

gap 09-16-18 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2568897)
Guys, the Clear Water Surface add on doesn’t work with my graphic card, it seems.
I can see much better my submarine through surface, that’s right, but ships still have the SH3 look.
Can’t see the hull or keel through surface in museum.

Okay, sorry Fifi, then I am afraid the only working solution for you would be converting for good those dat units into granny objects...

Captain_AJ 09-16-18 09:07 AM

Hello

I am going to be the nasty Sub captain - I will say... First, off it is awesome to see all the new simmer's that are now discovering SH5 in its correct completely redone form in TWOs .. I wish to again thank VDR for making this mod the most stable MOD ever .. However as a veteran and a long time member of sub sim. I have a request. !! Can there be a thread that allows other captains as my self to discuss tactic's and is not having installation issues or a learning curve to play TWOS? Can New thread start where there is no talk of problems? issues or otherwise. But the discussion is based on campaign experience... It is becoming very boring to see the same thread and the same questions asked about installation issues or trying to figure out how to use manual targeting over and over again .. I have stopped supporting sub sim financially because of this. HELP moderator's Please

Respectfully AJ

Fifi 09-16-18 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_AJ (Post 2568939)
I am going to be the nasty Sub captain - I will say... First, off it is awesome to see all the new simmer's that are now discovering SH5 in its correct completely redone form in TWOs .. I wish to again thank VDR for making this mod the most stable MOD ever .. However as a veteran and a long time member of sub sim. I have a request. !! Can there be a thread that allows other captains as my self to discuss tactic's and is not having installation issues or a learning curve to play TWOS? Can New thread start where there is no talk of problems? issues or otherwise. But the discussion is based on campaign experience... It is becoming very boring to see the same thread and the same questions asked about installation issues or trying to figure out how to use manual targeting over and over again .. I have stopped supporting sub sim financially because of this. HELP moderator's Please

Respectfully AJ

Good idea :up:

THEBERBSTER 09-16-18 01:38 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > sephra
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

Jimbuna 09-17-18 06:30 AM

Welcome to SubSim sephra :salute:

Merboe 09-17-18 03:44 PM

Disabled Unrealistic Commands_(ini files)_v1.01

Is there a way to get back the sonar ping function?
I was looking through all kinds of files, but I couldn't find anything and the readme doesn't say which files have been altered.

Would be great if you had some info for me. Thanks.

Fifi 09-18-18 04:54 AM

@ Vecko:

I think i managed to deactivate the collateral damage patch without any CTD :yep:
In addition to the deactivation of collateral damage, i deactivated the Zone (box) AP damage when zone (box) damaged.
In TDW description it says « require Collateral Damage patch to be enabled or will cause CTD »
So they have to be both activated or deactivated to avoid CTDs :03:

So far no problems :salute:

vdr1981 09-18-18 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merboe (Post 2569070)
Disabled Unrealistic Commands_(ini files)_v1.01

Is there a way to get back the sonar ping function?
I was looking through all kinds of files, but I couldn't find anything and the readme doesn't say which files have been altered.

Would be great if you had some info for me. Thanks.

You'll have to take original .ini file from latest TDW NewUis mod and replace it. Full name of the file in question can be read on TWoS UI_Cmd add-ons. However, I can not confirm for sure that the file is still compatible...

vdr1981 09-18-18 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2569119)
@ Vecko:

I think i managed to deactivate the collateral damage patch without any CTD :yep:
In addition to the deactivation of collateral damage, i deactivated the Zone (box) AP damage when zone (box) damaged.
In TDW description it says « require Collateral Damage patch to be enabled or will cause CTD »
So they have to be both activated or deactivated to avoid CTDs :03:

So far no problems :salute:

I totally forgot about that dependency.Happy hunting!:salute:

Fifi 09-19-18 02:06 PM

Vecko or Peter, in the in game ship journal (not viewer), is there a way to get the entry button unticked (the second one bottom right of journal) for every time?

At each save load, plenty entries i don’t want (same as the ones in message box) are polluting the journal.

Furthermore, the journal use isn’t very intuitive. Is there any tutorial for the journal use?