SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

THEBERBSTER 08-21-17 05:37 PM

Hi AD
Glad to hear it all worked out ok.
Yes, the Generic patcher patches the SH5.exe
Peter

palmic 08-22-17 09:12 AM

Looking forward to 2.0.6 thanks for your time :salute:

fitzcarraldo 08-22-17 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2508082)
Looking forward to 2.0.6 thanks for your time :salute:

It"s for download Palmic.

Regards

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

palmic 08-23-17 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2508084)
It"s for download Palmic.

Regards

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

I ment - looking forward to play it :)

palmic 08-23-17 01:34 PM

[REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod

HINT: if you want to play authentic, never play gramophone in wind stronger than 3m/s because of waves.
Always just radio.

Based on truth stories of Hans Gőbeler

palmic 08-23-17 04:18 PM

I believe ships are not spotting me by real visibility but just by how high i have periscope. So in high wave if my peri is highest possible, but it's just a tip from waves, it's like lighten reflector for ships. Tanker got me now like some kido..

gap 08-24-17 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2508366)
HINT: if you want to play authentic, never play gramophone in wind stronger than 3m/s because of waves.
Always just radio.

Hahah, that's hardcore simulation palmic :rotfl2:

Talking about the gramophone, another crazy idea I had a while ago (but that would require an hardcoded patch... if only TheDarkWraith was still around), is radio and gramophone boosting crew morale, but at the cost of increased sound signature and chance of detection by the enemy :D

alexv86 08-24-17 12:03 PM

Navigation

Not sure if this is the right page for this:

On the navigation window, what does the blue marker do? Is says "add navigation fix to map" but when I click it, nothing happens.

I've been trying to work out navigation like I do in SH3, where I work out my position by DR, then mark my position with a small circle from the compass and then time stamp it with the ruler. Unfortunately the ruler doesn't quite work the same. Is there a better way to do this?

excel4004 08-24-17 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2508444)

Talking about the gramophone, another crazy idea I had a while ago (but that would require an hardcoded patch... if only TheDarkWraith was still around), is radio and gramophone boosting crew morale, but at the cost of increased sound signature and chance of detection by the enemy :D

Nice to know palmic, great idea of gaming.

@ Gap That would be an awesome feature to the game, oh yeah! :up:

vdr1981 08-24-17 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexv86 (Post 2508489)

On the navigation window, what does the blue marker do? Is says "add navigation fix to map" but when I click it, nothing happens.

I've been trying to work out navigation like I do in SH3, where I work out my position by DR, then mark my position with a small circle from the compass and then time stamp it with the ruler. Unfortunately the ruler doesn't quite work the same. Is there a better way to do this?

Supermarks are your custom map markings which can be saved trough ships journal and you can also add some comment to it (like "Large cnv, 6kn, ESE" ect). When you load your ships journal in your next playing session , your supermarks and navigation marks will also be restored...:yep:

Adding supermarks and navigation marks to your map is a bit tricky but perfectly possible. You have to enter the map using "M" key exclusively, zoom out a bit so you can see your last navigation fix in the same "frame" and then add supermark/nav mark. Then you can zoom in and fine tune the mark's position ...

palmic 08-24-17 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2508444)

1) are we still playing simulator or not? :03:
2) Yeah, that would be my dream come true.. (well i play it that way anyway.. :D)

palmic 08-24-17 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexv86 (Post 2508489)

Manual navigation mark by that blue pencil and supermark by green one (which is kinda note) i use always and every dead reconning i do (i dont use navigator because he is pretty inaccurate - i use navigator just for star navigation fix - the otherone, i dont remember how its called now..)

The point here is that if you mark these fixes to the map, you need to have last one at map visible. So if you want to make new navigation fix manually by pencil, you have to zoom out enough to see your last one and so...
I dont know why it is so, but it works like that....
And you even can to note anything to that fix...

palmic 08-24-17 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2508366)
Always just radio.

https://www.amazon.com/Steel-Boat-Ir.../dp/1932714316

Best book about ubote i ever red (and i was reading exactly 3 :D)

Its best because he describe it pretty authentic as one of the line - a ordinary sailor from ubote. Dedicated to serve, without any kind of censorship.
Its pretty much documentary.

alexv86 08-24-17 05:50 PM

Chronometer

Got it, i must not have been pressing 'm' to access the map.
Thanks, I'll try that!
I have another problem now, I'm tracking a convoy, but I'm having trouble tracking my position with DR and calculating convoy speed and whatnot because i cant find the chronometer.

vdr1981 08-24-17 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexv86 (Post 2508566)
Got it, i must not have been pressing 'm' to access the map.
Thanks, I'll try that!
I have another problem now, I'm tracking a convoy, but I'm having trouble tracking my position with DR and calculating convoy speed and whatnot because i cant find the chronometer.

Navigator can do DR for you, with some error of course...Explore a bit his UI commands...:yep: You'll also find fully functional sextant there, IF you are up for full hardcore navigation...:salute:

Also, press "F1" key for key commands and go trough TWoS FAQ and Tips section. You'll find there a lot of useful advices and tips...