SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

gap 07-06-15 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2326901)
Looking awesome Gap! :up:
But please, make sure to test your imported units and objects in heavily modded SH5 and in various situations, not only in stock game or with just a few mods. :yep:

From now on TWoS, is my new standard that all my mods should be compatible with :03:

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2326901)
Also , keep in mind that SH5 CTDs are always direct consequence of broken and overstretched SH5 engine and it has nothing to do with players hardware. If game wants to CTD, it will do so no mater how powerful your PC is...This is proven so many times...:yep:

I know :-?
I am also under the impression that an excess of dat objects imported from SHIII/IV might be a "stressing" factor for SH5 game engine. That's why I want to make any effort to port all the dat units/objects imported in game so far to the GR2 format...

Oby 07-06-15 07:54 PM

Quote:

I am also under the impression that an excess of dat objects imported from SHIII/IV might be a "stressing" factor for SH5 game engine. That's why I want to make any effort to port all the dat units/objects imported in game so far to the GR2 format...
This is certainly true...There would be a lot less CTDs if adittional model files from various mods would be in proper gr2 format...SH5 has some difficulties processing old dat format...

Hey Gap really nice new stuff on horizon...If I may make a proposal - It would be very nice if we would have a proper model and textures for depth charges in game...Vanilla ones are so lame...I could even provide some pictures and textures from older SH3/4 if you are interested...

Best regards.:salute:

gap 07-06-15 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oby (Post 2326910)
This is certainly true...There would be a lot less CTDs if adittional model files from various mods would be in proper gr2 format...SH5 has some difficulties processing old dat format...

Not to mention the other advantages: objects/units casting shadows, visible from the surface when submerged and not getting blurred when seen underwater, better light, fire, etc. effects, units triggering magnetic detonation, possibility of adding LOD models, etc. The only disadvantage is that it takes longer dealing with GR2 than with DAT files, coupled with some limitations of GR2 editor (especially the impossibility to add/remove meshes and to edit animations). :yep:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oby (Post 2326910)
Hey Gap really nice new stuff on horizon...If I may make a proposal - It would be very nice if we would have a proper model and textures for depth charges in game...Vanilla ones are so lame...I could even provide some pictures and textures from older SH3/4 if you are interesting...

Do you mean naval depth charges? Indeed I am interested. Send my way all the information you can collect. Especially drawings and tech details (size, explosive load, detonation depths, letal radius, etc.). :up:

Oby 07-06-15 08:31 PM

Ok I'll upload my stuff tomorrow...:up:

THEBERBSTER 07-07-15 03:46 AM

When you request a mission you get a grid reference.
When you approach the grid you receive a radio message that tells you a patrol time of 48 hours and an area to patrol of 80km.
You do not make a game save during the 48 hours of game time until the next patrol grid appears.

When you receive the second patrol grid.
There is no radio message and no area patrol radius given.
You only know when this patrol grid has completed when the third patrol grid appears.
My question is, does the same principle apply to these later patrol grids of not being able to make a game while patrolling, or does this just apply to the first patrol grid.
Can you make game saves while patrolling these later patrol grids?

Radio message received after completing the 3 patrol grid.
http://i62.tinypic.com/2cxjic0.jpg

Peter

vdr1981 07-07-15 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2326905)
From now on TWoS, is my new standard that all my mods should be compatible with :03:

:up::up::up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2326905)

Very true...SH5 and dat objects just don't like each other...

vdr1981 07-07-15 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2326953)
My question is, does the same principle apply to these later patrol grids of not being able to make a game while patrolling, or does this just apply to the first patrol grid.

I think you can not... I mean you can but your patrol counter will be reset.
I always restart my game between patrol grid assignments.

Keep in mind that secondary patrol grid assignments are merely cosmetic feature to create cool atmosphere and to give a player few promotional points...
They are important in that way but, that been said, you certainly don't want to miss incoming large convoy just because it's outside of your patrol area...:yep:

Trevally. 07-07-15 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2326896)
A couple of examples:

:o

Very nice Gap:up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2326953)
When you request a mission you get a grid reference.
When you approach the grid you receive a radio message that tells you a patrol time of 48 hours and an area to patrol of 80km.
You do not make a game save during the 48 hours of game time until the next patrol grid appears.

When you receive the second patrol grid.
There is no radio message and no area patrol radius given.
You only know when this patrol grid has completed when the third patrol grid appears.

Radio message received after completing the 3 patrol grid.

Peter

You can save in between patrol areas as the clock only start counting when within the stated radius:up:

THEBERBSTER 07-07-15 12:51 PM

Hi Trevally

On grid references 2 and 3 there is not a radius given.

Also because there is no radio messages given to these two you do not know when the 48 hours starts, only when finished.

On grid reference 1. You receive a radio message with a time on it telling you to patrol for 48 hours and a range of 80 km.

After 48 hours you get a new grid reference number 2 with no start time or range to patrol.

After 48 hours you get another grid reference number 3 with no start time or range to patrol.

After 48 hours you receive a radio message to either return to base or do your own thing.

It is only on the first grid reference where you know when you will complete the 48 hours and know when you can make a safe game save.

Because you are not informed of grid references 2 and 3 having a 80km radius, logically you would look as just patrolling within the rectangular grid reference box for 48 hours.

In real time to play 48 hours without making a save especially in EBCW where you might be constantly surfacing and diving to avoid aircraft as well as setting up any attacking situations that might come along means that you need a lot of spare time on your hands.

Peter

vdr1981 07-07-15 01:11 PM

http://s6.postimg.org/5th90nz71/SH5_...3_15_15_14.jpg

Why don't you draw your own radius references?:06:
After that, it doesn't take rocket science to figure out when your 48/72 h counter is actually started...:hmmm:

Meridian 07-08-15 09:38 AM

Hi guys,

Trying to return to Silent Hunter after a longgggg lay off and thought I would give WoS a try.

I've followed all the install instructions and everything seems to load up fine as it should.

But, I don't see any scripts in the automation menu, what have I missed?

Thanks.

vdr1981 07-08-15 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meridian (Post 2327208)
Hi guys,

Trying to return to Silent Hunter after a longgggg lay off and thought I would give WoS a try.

I've followed all the install instructions and everything seems to load up fine as it should.

But, I don't see any scripts in the automation menu, what have I missed?

Thanks.

Screenshot?

Meridian 07-08-15 10:29 AM

Thanks for the fast reply. I found the problem and it's all OK now.

I have more than one SH5 install and I didn't have it set to the right one.

THEBERBSTER 07-08-15 11:12 AM

Strange radio message, my boat is U29.

http://i57.tinypic.com/af7rxc.jpg

fitzcarraldo 07-08-15 11:12 AM

I tested the sonarman with SH5 Enhanced UI in WoS.

Scroll mouse in the sonar station working fine.

The sonarman is displaced, observing with the "captain" camera and the sonar station camera.

Tested in VIIA, VIIB and VIIC.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute: