SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Submarine change (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=252400)

oddkr0017 04-13-22 03:34 AM

Submarine change

I'm using the dark water mode
The first submarine I boarded was type VIIC, but is it possible to change the submarine in the middle of the campaign? Is it possible to change if I make a criminal record? I want to know how to change the submarine during the campaign

Mad Mardigan 04-13-22 07:46 AM

Re: Welcome aboard...

Quote:

Originally Posted by oddkr0017 (Post 2803452)
I'm using the dark water mode
The first submarine I boarded was type VIIC, but is it possible to change the submarine in the middle of the campaign? Is it possible to change if I make a criminal record? I want to know how to change the submarine during the campaign

oddkr0017.! :Kaleun_Salute:

That's 1st off...

Ok, now... that that's out of the way, on to your query... shall we.

SH4, is NOT like ol' SH3, where 1 kaleun, was able to... willy nilly, just jump into any sub of their choice.

Nope... NOT at all.

SH4, however, the subs are set up in a ''this sub is class 1 category sub, these are class II, & so on & so forth'' through the entirety of the subs wrote into the sim/game.

With Me, thus far... good, cause onwards we go...

Now... depending on a number of factors, the engine, takes into account how you did on patrols, completed objectives... & such... that make up your 'career'... & assigns that as a 'overall score'... still following there... haven't lost you there.. I hope.

Moving on...

Now, based on that, 'overall score'... & the subs available... minus the class your in... & off all that, then decides if you are... 'worthy' of a sub upgrade to a new sub.. 1 that is in the next sub class. So, if you say, selected a class I at the start... did well, then... well... if your skilled enough, you get the promotional bell ringer award, of getting an offer to move on to.... *wait for it... wait for it... *chuckles*.... a class II category sub... what ever that 1 is... so, for the sake of it, in this instance, let's say that you took off on your career... in say... a Type II... well, based on all that, the next move would be (I believe I have it right... here... ) move up to a 2nd gen Type II, or an early model Type VII...

Following along thus far, alright... :hmmm:

NOW... here's the **** kicker...

All that, that I outlined there... applies, quite well in fact... if... IF... you're in a U. S. fleetboat, just fine.

NOT so, as it pertains to the Uboat side of it all... uhh uhh.... Nope, not... at... all...

:Kaleun_Mad:

Sucks, but... can thank the genius morons at Ubi, for that... well... more namely, the bean counters... (bean counters = financials, like taxes & such...) who should have NO control over game development... EVER... &... the bozos, who decided it was a good thing to have the bean counters in charge of things. :yep:

Soooo....

your best option in all this... is to pick what sub, you want to roll with... &... stick with it... until you...

A. Get sunk, God forbid... or...

B. Get to the end of the war... (provided you don't run into option A, there... :shucks:)

OR...

C. Decide you've had enough of that sub... & have the know how to grab the needed info to keep your kills to date, start a new career in another uboat, &... edit those files with your kill count info... from the other sub...

Which, should be doable, but... is in all likelihood, a rather long drawn out, painful process... (especially, if you mess up... which is why... I strongly make it known, before tampering with any... ANY... files, that you make sure to make a 'backup' of them... 1st.! :yep:

Hope I haven't lost you in all that... or caused you to doze off, either... :D &... last, but certainly not least... that it was helpful... above all else. :shucks: :yep: :up:

:Kaleun_Salute:

M. M.

KaleunMarco 04-13-22 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan (Post 2803466)

Hope I haven't lost you in all that... or caused you to doze off, either... :D &... last, but certainly not least... that it was helpful... above all else. :shucks: :yep:
M. M.

i do not know about oddkr0017, but i certainly dozed off while reading your reply.:zzz:

have you been studying PB's responses and are now following in his footsteps?:har:

Mad Mardigan 04-13-22 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaleunMarco (Post 2803488)
i do not know about oddkr0017, but i certainly dozed off while reading your reply.:zzz:

have you been studying PB's responses and are now following in his footsteps?:har:

Yeah... yeah... smart arse... :03: :D :shucks:

I know, tis a bit... long winded... but, wanted to ensure they got the gist (as I understand that whole process, at any rate... :hmmm:) to understand about the whole deal.

Not saying anything bad about it, but... unfortunately... some don't understand small words...

& No... I ain't been studying @ pb's long drawn out explanation college...

:haha: :har: :haha: :har: :haha: :) :03: :D

M. M.

Aktungbby 04-13-22 02:55 PM

Welcome aboard!

oddkr0017!:Kaleun_Salute:

propbeanie 04-13-22 05:01 PM

I prefer to think of my posts as "detailed"... :arrgh!: ahem :har:

KaleunMarco 04-13-22 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2803566)

Right!
:03::doh::zzz:

(:har:)

Bubblehead1980 04-13-22 06:31 PM

Quote:

Your responses are fine, details are important in this sim, even those that seem minor (as you know. :Kaleun_Salute:

Mad Mardigan 04-14-22 04:59 AM

Quote:

:Kaleun_Cheers:

All in good jest, propbeanie... ol' chap. :03: :shucks: :yep: :D

M. M.

Any rate... hope I didn't put ol' oddkr0017 there... to sleep... :hmmm: