SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Red Storm Rising (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=199)
-   -   time on target complaint (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=88586)

wayne69 01-21-06 08:04 AM

time on target complaint

hi bill,
here i have my first complainment
mission time on target
had a clear gerneral view about the situation, a few fishermen, a ffg in the north, a ddg in the south and air cover is present.
ok it´s time for action, shooting all my rockets, and then going to tactical air launcher depth to fight against the helix.
and suddenly from nowhere there is a grisha spawning 1 mile away from me, a flying dutchman :):):)
is this a new russian wonder weapon, stealth grisha.
better set the spawning point 20 miles away and let the grisha go full speed to the launching point.
well it´s just a mini complainment, the rest of the campain is wonderful :up:

Bill Nichols 01-21-06 08:30 AM

Re: time on target complaint

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayne69
hi bill,
here i have my first complainment
mission time on target
had a clear gerneral view about the situation, a few fishermen, a ffg in the north, a ddg in the south and air cover is present.
ok it´s time for action, shooting all my rockets, and then going to tactical air launcher depth to fight against the helix.
and suddenly from nowhere there is a grisha spawning 1 mile away from me, a flying dutchman :):):)
is this a new russian wonder weapon, stealth grisha.
better set the spawning point 20 miles away and let the grisha go full speed to the launching point.
well it´s just a mini complainment, the rest of the campain is wonderful :up:

Guilty, as charged, your honor. :oops:
I had to take some liberties to follow the book ;)

hyperion2206 07-31-06 08:21 AM

I'm a bit surprised because I did't notice the Grisha:hmm: But I've encountered another problem: After I launched the missiles and succesfully evaded all incoming torpedoes, the game crashes.

LoBlo 07-31-06 11:49 AM

Yeah, I don't have the book in front of me right now to remember what the book read exactly, but iirc, the americans launch their missiles, and a previously silently sitting ASW ship is sittting undetected nearby that causes trouble for the subs.

I was presently surpised the first time I saw the replay of the mission. Nice improv to achieve the plot.:huh: :lol: :yep:

I do remember something in the book about the cargo ship in the mission too. Something about it being a electronic ship disguised as a civillian ship, but I can't remember what the importance was... anyone have the book onhand?

hyperion2206 07-31-06 12:15 PM

There was an ASW ship but it was a Krivak maned by the KGB I think.

Molon Labe 08-01-06 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyperion2206
There was an ASW ship but it was a Krivak maned by the KGB I think.

I think Mr. Nichols got it right. As I recall, it was a Grisha, and it scored a hit against one of the LA's with its RBU launcher. This wounded sub becomes the "star" of the latter mission, race of the cripples.

hyperion2206 08-02-06 03:59 AM

Are you sure? Cause I could have sworn that it was a Krivak, but nobody's perfect.;)

Sub Sailor 08-27-06 11:41 AM

Just looked it up

I just now checked it -page 474 (Hard Cover)- Ametist Grisha Class Frigate manned by KGB crew.

Sub Sailor