SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Ashikaga 02-16-19 01:38 PM

In TWoS whenever a ship is near or a plane, friendly as well as enemy, the game will not go over TC 64. It is modded that way due to game performance and stability.

It prevents CTD's and other trouble, just like not saving your game whenever there are ships present near you saves you from corrupt gamesaves.

The Mod was programmed that way.

So if you cannot go over TC64, be sure someone is in your vicinity somewhere.

fitzcarraldo 02-16-19 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skarmy (Post 2592050)
Am I doing something wrong? I don't have any way to TC past 64 when near units, is there a setting I'm missing?

TimeStop=0
RealTime=1
LandProximity=1,128
CriticalDamage=1
CrewEfficiency=2048
AirEnemyDetected=2048
SoundEffects=2
CharacterAnim=64
FriendDetected=32,2048
EnemyDetected=8,256
RadioReport=2048
Particles=32
PrayState=1
HunterState=1
3DRender=2048
Maximum=2048

You can touch anything you want. But TWoS stability is very delicate. TWoS is a low TC game near ports, units, etc. If you want an stable game without CTDs, leave the TC settings as they are.

Good hunt!

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

Ashikaga 02-16-19 01:57 PM

to be honest Fitz, I would like my TC second value when enemy is detected/planes are detected way lower than what it is now....

I always get jumped by those damn planes when in TC. :/\\!!

And when TC then drops to 1 I am already damaged beyond repair at times.

:k_confused:

fitzcarraldo 02-16-19 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashikaga (Post 2592076)
to be honest Fitz, I would like my TC second value when enemy is detected/planes are detected way lower than what it is now....

I always get jumped by those damn planes when in TC. :/\\!!

And when TC then drops to 1 I am already damaged beyond repair at times.

:k_confused:

I'm a player of TC1. Slow,.but secure.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

gutted 02-16-19 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skarmy (Post 2592050)
Am I doing something wrong? I don't have any way to TC past 64 when near units, is there a setting I'm missing?

Look in the options editor that came with twos. Theres an extra setting in there. I upped mine and have had zero issues across a dozen patrols.

Sorry authors but I don't have the time to have my max TC be forced to such a low level for every object that comes within 30km of me. I need to be able to sail past it in a timely manner IF I CHOOSE TO DO SO.

Suikotsu 02-16-19 02:53 PM

Hello folks,

I hope this is the right place to ask this:
I recently updated to the last version of WoS and everything is working like a charm and as far as i can see as intended with one minor exception: External reserves loading time.
I did activate the skill of Mr. Torpedoman that says 'External Transfers Lvl 1', and they do indeed initiate the transfer, but with a rather slow transfer rate. I mean really slow, i just stopped the amount of percentage complete from the tooltip if you hover over the to be transferred torpedo, and it is about 3% per 12 hours. Now i do like realism and the concept of being a sitting duck while doing this type of maintenance, but isn't that a bit harsh? Or, as i rather suspect, not actually what was intended?
Additional info:
-Sea is calm
-Speed is 0 ofc
-Yes, i dragged the ext. reserve into internal reserve

Any idea?

Ashikaga 02-16-19 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gutted (Post 2592089)
Look in the options editor that came with twos. Theres an extra setting in there. I upped mine and have had zero issues across a dozen patrols.

Sorry authors but I don't have the time to have my max TC be forced to such a low level for every object that comes within 30km of me. I need to be able to sail past it in a timely manner IF I CHOOSE TO DO SO.

I got several great convoys by immediately diving when time does not go above 64 and listening for any ships.

Instant targets!

Ashikaga 02-16-19 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suikotsu (Post 2592091)
Hello folks,

I recently updated to the last version of WoS and everything is working like a charm and as far as i can see as intended with one minor exception: External reserves loading time.
I did activate the skill of Mr. Torpedoman that says 'External Transfers Lvl 1', and they do indeed initiate the transfer, but with a rather slow transfer rate. I mean really slow, i just stopped the amount of percentage complete from the tooltip if you hover over the to be transferred torpedo, and it is about 3% per 12 hours. Now i do like realism and the concept of being a sitting duck while doing this type of maintenance, but isn't that a bit harsh? Or, as i rather suspect, not actually what was intended?
Additional info:
-Sea is calm
-Speed is 0 ofc

Any idea?

Put your crew on battlestations for the duration of reloading torps.
Way faster.

Skarmy 02-16-19 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gutted (Post 2592089)

THANK YOU! Exactly what I was thinking. I encounter 20+ vessels on a short trip from Williamshaven to the English Channel and its very obnoxious to get cut down to 64x TC every time when I know for a fact that they are 99.8% likely to be friendly vessels.

gutted 02-17-19 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skarmy (Post 2592156)
THANK YOU! Exactly what I was thinking. I encounter 20+ vessels on a short trip from Williamshaven to the English Channel and its very obnoxious to get cut down to 64x TC every time when I know for a fact that they are 99.8% likely to be friendly vessels.

I set mine to 256. It's low enough that when im in transit (512x and above) it will drop to 1x when a contact gets in range. But high enough that i can sail past something in a timely manner if i choose to avoid it.

You can also play around with the radius. I think i set mine to 15k.

gutted 02-17-19 09:04 AM

In port, i set my emblem to use the custom.dds option (i made my own). But after a patrol i noticed that the tab to change emblems is now completely gone from the camouflage menu and has been gone ever since selecting that option.

The custom emblem shows on the boat just fine, i just cant ever change it now.

I looked in upgradepacks.upc and the entry for the custom emblem is missing the line "FunctionalType= UpFTypeEmblem". Could that be the issue?

[edit] I added that missing line and it seems to have fixed the menu.

Sjizzle 02-18-19 05:09 AM

Aloha Vecko first of all i wanna say u did a really great job with this mega mod :Kaleun_Cheers:
now i have a question for u :D can i use Naights Submaine Textures v1.2G (PUV) with your mega mod ??? it's too bright i the sub and i don't like... i like more darker and creepy sub :D thx

have a nice day
Sjizzle

vdr1981 02-18-19 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2592353)
Aloha Vecko first of all i wanna say u did a really great job with this mega mod :Kaleun_Cheers:
now i have a question for u :D can i use Naights Submaine Textures v1.2G (PUV) with your mega mod ??? it's too bright i the sub and i don't like... i like more darker and creepy sub :D thx

have a nice day
Sjizzle

Ehey Sjizzle! :salute:
Simple dds texture files should work without problems. Just be careful not to introduce some incompatible config files as well, which may cause troubles...:yep:

italianmarine 02-18-19 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suikotsu (Post 2592091)
Hello folks,

Additional info:
-Sea is calm
-Speed is 0 ofc

Any idea?

you have to go down to your torpedoman and ask him directly to start with the transfer. Do not just drag the torpedo in the menu.
While asking to start the procedure it takes only some hours.

Sjizzle 02-18-19 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2592386)
Ehey Sjizzle! :salute:
Simple dds texture files should work without problems. Just be careful not to introduce some incompatible config files as well, which may cause troubles...:yep:

that's why i am asking because there is the lights.cfg file and hdr_interior_submarine.cfg in the mod... hmmm i have an idea...i will try to edit your light and hdr_interior_submarine.cfg files to make it more darker and creepy inside the uboat :D