SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] USS Requin GUPPY I Submarine Mod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=229182)

Delanski 01-13-17 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesterV2 (Post 2457841)
Hmmm.... If only i could make it compatible with TMO, anyone know how to do that?

I think I might've fixed it.

Go to MODS/USS_Requin_whatever/Data/UPCData/ and rename UnitPart8Requin to UnitPart10Requin

That's because TMO has 2 additional boats added taking up the UnitPart 8 & 9.

JesterV2 01-13-17 01:38 AM

Great! When I get back home, I'll test it and upload an update with TMO compatible version!

ETR3(SS) 01-13-17 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delanski (Post 2457842)
I think I might've fixed it.

Go to MODS/USS_Requin_whatever/Data/UPCData/ and rename UnitPart8Requin to UnitPart10Requin

That's because TMO has 2 additional boats added taking up the UnitPart 8 & 9.

That will just pass the problem on to whatever unit uses UnitPart1. To truly fix the problem you need to combine the hull and conning tower files throughout the mod. I downloaded the mod and gave it a look over, I've got some feedback and advice for you when I get back home. But overall a pretty solid mod.:up:

Delanski 01-13-17 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ETR3(SS) (Post 2457846)
That will just pass the problem on to whatever unit uses UnitPart1. To truly fix the problem you need to combine the hull and conning tower files throughout the mod. I downloaded the mod and gave it a look over, I've got some feedback and advice for you when I get back home. But overall a pretty solid mod.:up:

You're absolutely right, the Gato is missing the con tower now. I've tested a few other subs (not all), none seems to be affected.

redline202 01-14-17 12:01 AM

Great sub, thank you!

jhapprich 01-15-17 06:07 AM

not bad for a first mod, but still a lot left to be done. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, Comrade!

The Bandit 01-18-17 08:52 AM

Nice work on the models, I'm just getting back into SH4 after years away and this has peaked my interest. The USN did so many things with the "fleet boats" after the end of the war ("Migrane" radar picket conversion, launch platform for the Loon and Regulus cruise missiles, hunter killer, conversion, sonar test bed, ect.) so you have all kinds of possibilities.

I like your "North Atlantic" type sail, but I was wondering if you planned to do anything earlier (I think the North Atlantic type came out in around the late 50s, in line with the GUPPY III program, it was mostly built out of fibreglass from what I recall) like the early GUPPY I sail on Odax and Pomodon? My main reason for asking is that its just a bit closer to wartime. Anyways thanks for sharing your mod and I look forward to whatever else you have planned, you seem to be off to a great start.

JesterV2 01-18-17 12:46 PM

Hey The Bandit, thanks for the kind words! I'm not planning on making earlier versions right now, but i might make some in the future! i hope you enjoy my subs! :Kaleun_Wink:

Specbass 01-19-17 04:17 AM

The mod looks and plays great!!

I used to play TMO or vanilla, recently started with FOTRS, is it compatible with that?

Rockin Robbins 01-19-17 07:45 AM

I can't tell you about FOTRS, but with FOTRSU either it is compatible or it WILL BE! That's a promise. Just give us a little time to get to it.

Then we'll be coordinating with Jester to release a Certified FOTRSU plugin. I'm just speculating here, but that could possibly also make it compatible with TMO and FOTRS.

M-A-X 02-25-17 06:30 PM

Don't even see it it in my menu :-(

Im using TMO, RSRD and opsmonsun