SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter III (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   sky looks like a dome (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=251671)

corporalspiffy 01-23-22 06:00 AM

sky looks like a dome

first of all thanks to everyone for the mods and all the help in this forum.

two questions. why does the sky look like a dome with clear sky all along the horizon and storm clouds over head. also, google chrome browser keeps freezing up after i have run SH3.

i have the 4gb patch. H.Sie patch. Gwx and ARB 3.1 installed.

thanks

John Pancoast 01-23-22 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corporalspiffy (Post 2789417)
first of all thanks to everyone for the mods and all the help in this forum.

two questions. why does the sky look like a dome with clear sky all along the horizon and storm clouds over head. also, google chrome browser keeps freezing up after i have run SH3.

i have the 4gb patch. H.Sie patch. Gwx and ARB 3.1 installed.

thanks

1. The dome shape is how the game was made.
2. No idea about chrome.

stork100 01-23-22 07:37 AM

Best thing to post a screenshot, so we can all see instantly what you're talking about. Excessive dome shape appearance can happen with mod conflicts. If you're using JSGME for mods, simply use that utility to export the activated mods list and paste to the forum here. Both that and the screenshot will help us greatly in identifying the problem.

If you're a bit unsure of that then no worries at all, just say, we'll get you sorted Herr Kaleun. :up:

Sammy-rai 01-28-22 01:19 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by stork100 (Post 2789424)
Best thing to post a screenshot, so we can all see instantly what you're talking about. Excessive dome shape appearance can happen with mod conflicts. If you're using JSGME for mods, simply use that utility to export the activated mods list and paste to the forum here. Both that and the screenshot will help us greatly in identifying the problem.

If you're a bit unsure of that then no worries at all, just say, we'll get you sorted Herr Kaleun. :up:

Think that this is what he means (see under). PS- my SH3 build also has GWX 3.0, ARB 1920x1080, Sie's patch:

Btw this has only happened during one playing session and I must have played 20+ times by now.

note: my build also includes M.E.P v6

stork100 01-28-22 07:50 PM

Yes I've seen that a few times, usually when I'm messing around with different environment mods and finding incompatibilities.

mwigg3 01-30-22 01:47 PM

That happens to me two times a day. Seems to me it happens when it glides over to morning or night. :06: A little-bit annoying.
gwx 3.0
some of you mod-gods who know how to make it go away?

John Pancoast 01-30-22 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwigg3 (Post 2790811)
That happens to me two times a day. Seems to me it happens when it glides over to morning or night. :06: A little-bit annoying.
gwx 3.0
some of you mod-gods who know how to make it go away?

Post your mod list.

Sammy-rai 01-31-22 12:56 PM

IIRC the one time that I experienced the domed sky was also the one time that a circle protractor was generated around the mouse cursor whenever I clicked on certain map-drawing tools. All the other times only the arrowhead mouse cursor appeared.

mwigg3 02-08-22 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Pancoast (Post 2790818)
Post your mod list.

16 km atmosphere
alternative flotillas
enhanced damage effects
captain americas officer icons
alternate loadscreen - full circle
open hatch mod

John Pancoast 02-08-22 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwigg3 (Post 2792339)
16 km atmosphere
alternative flotillas
enhanced damage effects
captain americas officer icons
alternate loadscreen - full circle
open hatch mod

Anything besides GWX and these GWX mods ?

mwigg3 02-08-22 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Pancoast (Post 2792346)
Anything besides GWX and these GWX mods ?

nope.
I`m using windows 11 if thats relevant?

FUBAR295 02-08-22 10:19 AM

My bet it's the 16K Atmosphere mod, maybe a bad install? Try removing it and see what the sky looks like. If normal, reinstall the 16K again and observe your results.:salute:

John Pancoast 02-08-22 11:08 AM

Like Fubar295 said. Almost always, such problems are caused by the scene.dat file.

mwigg3 02-08-22 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FUBAR295 (Post 2792356)
My bet it's the 16K Atmosphere mod, maybe a bad install? Try removing it and see what the sky looks like. If normal, reinstall the 16K again and observe your results.:salute:

wow! tried it and it works..
played the game for a long time with the dome-sky.
it was that simple?:wah:
thank you so much:salute:
This forum is gold!

John Pancoast 02-08-22 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwigg3 (Post 2792429)
wow! tried it and it works..
played the game for a long time with the dome-sky.
it was that simple?:wah:
thank you so much:salute:
This forum is gold!

Do a test of and wait until there is an overcast sky. This dome sky problem normally appears after an overcast sky then becomes clear.