SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Mods are not working! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=207619)

AntonCZ 09-20-13 05:08 PM

Mods are not working!

Hello,
i have Silent hunter 3 with GWX 3.0, running win 7 with resolution fix and i cant get the other "added" mods to work, i enable them through JSGME, but nothing is happening, please help!!

Thanks

Madox58 09-20-13 06:27 PM

What "added" Mods?
The standard that come with GWX should work fine but you don't want some enabled at sometimes.

desertstriker 09-20-13 08:09 PM

could you please give more details. like mods you are trying to activate and in what order.

Anvar1061 09-20-13 08:27 PM

JSGME v2.6.0.157???

sailor_X 09-21-13 02:09 AM

Probably path to SH3 data folder is double foldered by MOD name..

Should be like mod_name\data\etc

I bet in your case might be mod_name\mod_name\data\etc

thus mod is not activated.

Double check that..

Wreford-Brown 09-21-13 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntonCZ (Post 2117260)
Hello,
i have Silent hunter 3 with GWX 3.0, running win 7 with resolution fix and i cant get the other "added" mods to work, i enable them through JSGME, but nothing is happening, please help!!

Thanks

Can we please have your mod list as it may help us to identify any problems.

simon.c 09-21-13 04:44 PM

We want to help but-

please tell us what mods ur trying to use so we can:)

AntonCZ 09-22-13 09:15 AM

Im using JSGME that came with GWX 3.0 (so its 2.2.0.120) Ive anabled:
GWX - Enhanced damege effects
GWX - 16km Atmosphere
And iv also downloaded SteelVikings interior Mod V1.2
I dont really get that thing about double foldered mods...Could you please explain?

Thank for reply!

Madox58 09-22-13 09:24 AM

SteelViking's mod is for SH5 only.

AntonCZ 09-22-13 10:08 AM

Oh...right...well Open Hatch isnt working either.

simon.c 09-24-13 04:49 PM

try this

Uninstall your game ,just in case steel vikings has courpted any files,reeinstall +GWX

this will/should give you a copy of jsgme on your desktop,just ,as a test activate GWX -main movie das boot

run the game ,if you see clips from das boot its working,try that first

good luck matey:up:

Baskanos 01-04-20 05:06 PM

my mods not appearing in the game too

Hi, I'm playing 'vanilla' SHIII and have added a few mods using jsgme. It is saying they are 'active' but are not appearing in the game.

I'm running, or trying too,
Manosenvironment pro v5
Real environment revision 3
Thomsensoundpac v3.2
TKSS18 german uboats comp 1 & 2

any help would be great, oh yeah, I'm using this via steam.

propbeanie 01-04-20 05:15 PM

Where did you install the game, and do you have other Steam games in the same folder? Steam defaults to a "C:\Program Files (x86) \Steam \SteamApps \common \Silent Hunter 3" folder, which is a Windows "system" protected folder, so any changes made there without proper pre-approval from the OS will be rolled back for all cfg and other files. Most of the graphic files are unaffected. You can then end up with a nasty "mod soup" of SH3 that does not function at all. See How To Move A Steam Game... for a couple of methods of doing such. If you have a valid 2nd hard drive partition that you can put another Steam Library folder in, that is the easiest and fastest way. "Fast" in this case is a relative term though. The 2nd thing about SH3 (and SH4) is that the game runs off of the Save folder, and if you do not clear that after a mod change, you will again have a mix of mods that usually does not function correctly. This is usually the "C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH3" folder. Delete its contents and run the game again. It will re-create the folder, but with the new data of the mod. You will lose all previous Saves and the user settings you've applied to the game's interface. :salute:

THEBERBSTER 01-04-20 07:04 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Basankos
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

Aktungbby 01-04-20 08:31 PM

Welcome aboard!

Baskanos!:Kaleun_Salute: