SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

propbeanie 06-16-21 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostfacexx115 (Post 2752793)
I've been trying to download this mod every day for 3 years and still won't work. Just one detailed explanation on how to download this thing would be nice but I'm ready to throw myself and this computer out the window

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapuhy (Post 2752810)
1100 download attempts! That's some dedication :o

Don't throw yourself anywhere. Keep calm and we'll get you through this.

Don't throw out the computer too, you'll need it.

Detailed instructions are here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5ru57h...tions.pdf/file

If you get stuck at any point, post at which step you had a problem and we'll see what could be done.

indeed ... and don't forget that the subsim download site gets blocked by most browsers anymore, and there is a message at the top of the download page concerning that. Either use a different browser, or put subsim.com on a "white-list" to allow it to pass through.

les green01 06-16-21 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostfacexx115 (Post 2752793)
I've been trying to download this mod every day for 3 years and still won't work. Just one detailed explanation on how to download this thing would be nice but I'm ready to throw myself and this computer out the window

also what your internet speed if it slow you will get a time out even if you use a download manger you can't resume the download

ghostfacexx115 06-17-21 03:25 AM

cant even download the mod

computer just keeps blocking it

Propnut17 06-17-21 03:30 AM

You have some good advice, I would try a different browser and then add subsim.com on your "white-list" to allow the download to pass through your browser. Also I would make sure that your anti-virus program is disabled for the time of the download. Good luck.

ghostfacexx115 06-17-21 03:35 AM

I've tried all that. whitelisted, taken down all anti-virus and SmartScreen for windows 10. it's like everything I try to do is just something else that blocks me. I've used different accounts and even different computers and yet every single time it just blocks it. I've downloaded a lot of mods before but this is by the most confusing I've ever seen

GrenSo 06-17-21 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostfacexx115 (Post 2752993)
I've tried all that. whitelisted, taken down all anti-virus and SmartScreen for windows 10. it's like everything I try to do is just something else that blocks me. I've used different accounts and even different computers and yet every single time it just blocks it. I've downloaded a lot of mods before but this is by the most confusing I've ever seen

Do you get an error message in browser or is the download just canceled after time X?

Jimbuna 06-17-21 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostfacexx115 (Post 2752993)

And there lies one problem...multiple accounts are not allowed and I have to manage them as per the forum rules.

Kal_Maximus_U669 06-17-21 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbuna (Post 2753016)
And there lies one problem...multiple accounts are not allowed and I have to manage them as per the forum rules.

Hy Jim, I only have one account .. (you can check ..):har:
but I have already had these loading problems several times .. I am at Downloads: 392 whereas I should have some in the 260 ~ because for 1 downloaded file it opened 8 to 10 download these problems started in September of last year !! or sometimes he does not want to download squarely .. I am still under Windo .. 7 this can come from adblock it must be configured for "Subsim" to check its defender & firewall more .. because I noticed a lot of updates day in this period ... at the moment it works rather well but I do more updates than those that I deem necessary. here is Jim ... Respect & Greetings kindly .. KM_U669 :subsim:

ghostfacexx115 06-18-21 02:20 AM

I've downloaded the mod, followed all the steps the pdf file says, but when I go to start SH5 it says, "game startup fail. please check Ubisoft installation". I've downloaded it many different ways, but each time that's the end result. and the worst part is I only want this mod so the tonnage bar bug can go away, I'm not even interested in the graphics, realism, or anything else. I just wanna make this game playable by removing that one stupid bug

ghostfacexx115 06-18-21 02:31 AM

is there any way to fix the tonnage bar bug without having to download this huge mod?

les green01 06-18-21 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostfacexx115 (Post 2753161)
I've downloaded the mod, followed all the steps the pdf file says, but when I go to start SH5 it says, "game startup fail. please check Ubisoft installation". I've downloaded it many different ways, but each time that's the end result. and the worst part is I only want this mod so the tonnage bar bug can go away, I'm not even interested in the graphics, realism, or anything else. I just wanna make this game playable by removing that one stupid bug

if you downloaded it once and your getting game startup fail you dont need to keep downloading the mod did you change the sh5 exe if your using uplay or uconnect

ghostfacexx115 06-19-21 02:33 AM

how do you change the sh5 exe?, because I am using uplay version

propbeanie 06-19-21 07:11 AM

THEBERBSTER has a post Uplay Download Version Fix For SH5 And TWoS - just follow his instructions

Raptor82 06-19-21 10:48 AM

I just want to post my appreciation for this mod

10 out of 10 would chase down whale only to be sad

Nicolai 06-22-21 02:28 AM

Wanting to dl this great modpack again after a long hiatus, but the mediafire link gives me about 8-10 hours of downloading.. is there an alternative mirror/torrent or should I just bite the bullet on this?