SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

TM=Bluntman 06-02-19 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2612580)
I'm preparing new update which will hopefully solve or at least ease some of the issues recently discussed on forums. Here is the change log so far...:yep:

Fell free to jump in with some ideas...:salute:

Excellent news! Thank you!:up:

XenonSurf 06-02-19 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2612584)
The patch tends to occasionally screw up gamesaves IIRC, that's why it's disabled by default.

Good to know, thank you Veko, and Ahoi for your new update!

Cheers,
XS

Dadio85 06-03-19 07:45 AM

Missing Sound?

Short question: When I push the button for flooding the tubes, in the past I remembered the crew was saying: "Rohr 1 bewässern", now with latest TWoS there is no audible comment at all. Was it removed or is something broken?

vdr1981 06-03-19 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dadio85 (Post 2612636)
Short question: When I push the button for flooding the tubes, in the past I remembered the crew was saying: "Rohr 1 bewässern", now with latest TWoS there is no audible comment at all. Was it removed or is something broken?

Removed...They were too repetitive and annoying.

Dadio85 06-03-19 09:34 AM

Quote:

Understand. Thanks for your info:up:

fitzcarraldo 06-03-19 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2612637)

Is it possible to recover the sounds deleted?
I like them.....

Many thanks.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

vdr1981 06-03-19 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2612714)
Is it possible to recover the sounds deleted?
I like them.....

Many thanks.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

Not so easy but anyway, since some of you guys like those removed sounds, I'll try to collect them these days...

fitzcarraldo 06-03-19 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2612717)
Not so easy but anyway, since some of you guys like those removed sounds, I'll try to collect them these days...

Many thanks! I like the prussian chain of command. :salute:

Fitzcarraldo

skin-nl 06-04-19 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2612717)

I liked them to :Kaleun_Cheers:

sputterfish 06-04-19 05:46 PM

Hey VDR reach out to me before you do a new release. I found a way to automate all the things Generic Patcher does without user input needed. :yeah:

XenonSurf 06-04-19 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sputterfish (Post 2612861)
Hey VDR reach out to me before you do a new release. I found a way to automate all the things Generic Patcher does without user input needed. :yeah:

That's easy if you backup all the files immediately after TDW patcher changes them. Plus, if you use special 'magic files' to start with it gets even better for the player, guess why :yep:
I will do so when releasing my modlist, you will install everythng with one click using a JSGME profile.

sputterfish 06-04-19 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XenonSurf (Post 2612865)
That's easy if you backup all the files immediately after TDW patcher changes them. Plus, if you use special 'magic files' to start with it gets even better for the player, guess why :yep:
I will do so when releasing my modlist, you will install everythng with one click using a JSGME profile.

Is Generic Patcher not patching the SH5 executable or DLLs? If so you cannot legally redistribute the SH5 exe or dll files. Thus automating the install is necessary..

vdr1981 06-04-19 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sputterfish (Post 2612861)

Rgr that sputterfish...I'll make some space in my inbox as well. :yep:

XenonSurf 06-04-19 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sputterfish (Post 2612873)
Is Generic Patcher not patching the SH5 executable? If so you cannot legally redistribute the SH5 exe file. Thus automating the install is necessary..

When modding, I'm not supposed to know these finesses, it's the game developer to allow for mods in the game or not by crypting the files or make them editable. If I can edit: it's legal.

sputterfish 06-04-19 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XenonSurf (Post 2612875)
When modding, I'm not supposed to know these finesses, it's the game developer to allow for mods in the game or not by crypting the files or make them editable. If I can edit: it's legal.

Unfortunately that's not really how it works.. I would take a guess that posting or hosting files with copyrighted content that is being redistributed without permission is against the Subsim terms of service or would be frowned upon. :subsim:

That's is why it's important to include the same functionality Generic Patcher was providing in that it is initiated by the user except the new autopatcher will not require any user input as VDR has a snapshot that he has already configured which will be restored automatically.