SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

palmic 02-19-16 05:13 PM

Is there somehow possible to extend radio antenna from periscope depth?
It seems weird to not to be able to send message with VIIA from sero thiefe :)

Koranis 02-19-16 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2382530)
to see exactly which u-boat are u take a look at the ship journal in the right side of the screen....... the default captain name is Cpt.Stahl Wolfand nr is U-28

Thanks to everyone for the tips.

One last question, if I may: is there any way to change the default name of the u-boat in the ship journal?:)

kobiwaldi 02-19-16 05:38 PM

yeah, take a look in the options file editor under the tab "Ships journal"
(can be found in your sh5installation/data/applications/optionsfileeditorviewer)

Dont forget to edit your documents/sh5/data/cfg/playersettings.cfg and type the number in line "UnitName"

Koranis 02-19-16 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kobiwaldi (Post 2382770)
(can be found in your sh5installation/data/applications/optionsfileeditorviewer)

Dont forget to edit your documents/sh5/data/cfg/playersettings.cfg and type the number in line "UnitName"

Love you. Thanks.

Kumando 02-19-16 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2382723)
Hey , I think I got it! :yeah:
U-FlaK as a aditional playable ship works really nice...Now I have to figure out how to get rid of internal torpedoes reserves...:) Any tips gap, someone?

Hmmm, now now I'm really intrigued about the idea of some playable warships or merchants...There is a chance that something like that would be possible after all...:hmm2:

Do you think we will ever see the type II and IX in TWOS Vecko?

gap 02-19-16 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2382723)
Now I have to figure out how to get rid of internal torpedoes reserves...:) Any tips gap, someone?

NSS_Uboat7*.sim => wpnSubTorpedoSys => Rooms => External => Fore / Aft => Storage :03:

gap 02-19-16 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koranis (Post 2382761)
Thanks to everyone for the tips.

One last question, if I may: is there any way to change the default name of the u-boat in the ship journal?:)

IIRC, there should be a ship journal viewer/editor in the data\Applications from where you can edit hull number. If the option to rename your uboat is not there, try with the options file editor viewer, contained in the same folder :up:

gap 02-19-16 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kumando (Post 2382775)
Do you think we will ever see the type II and IX in TWOS Vecko?

Still too early to say that, but yes, if Vecko manages making the U-Flak into a fully functional U-boat, in theory we could create any new type of playable unit.

Why in theory you may ask? Well, because modelling an accurate and fully walkable sub interior would be a hell of work (this is supposing that the exterior can be imported from some other game), because the granny format that the new models should be ported to has still many unknowns that the current implementation on GR2 Editor cannot handle, and because assembling all the parts together (upc files, controller files, gfx effects, etc.) would be way too much for a single person to embark on such a project.

If more modders startet working on the game as a team, maybe... :hmm2:

vdr1981 02-19-16 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2382776)
NSS_Uboat7*.sim => wpnSubTorpedoSys => Rooms => External => Fore / Aft => Storage :03:

Thanks gap!:up:
All is set now...
There is only few glitches, I hope I'll manage to "bypass" them somehow...

- There is no crew on bow heavy gun, although the gun works (AI).
- Stern heavy gun has crew but animation goes in opposite direction while gun tracks target.
- Stern heavy gun can be maned by player but only if you "click" on bow heavy gun?! :)

Other than that, everything seems OK...

I've also:
- Reduced submarine surface/underwater range and speed.
- Removed internal and external torpedoes storage (only 5 torpedoes in tubes)
- Applied drag to conning tower.
- Increased dive time
- Increased CG height
- Removed deckgun and snorkel upgrades
- Removed Fumo-29 radar upgrade

gap 02-19-16 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2382836)
Thanks gap!:up:
All is set now...

:sunny:

Quote:

There is only few glitches, I hope I'll manage to "bypass" them somehow....

At least some of those glitches might be upc file related. I think manning crew must be set there for each gun, and the bone they get linked to must be in the right orientation for their animation to play correctly.

Quote:

I've also:
- Reduced submarine surface/underwater range and speed.
- Removed internal and external torpedoes storage (only 5 torpedoes in tubes)
- Applied drag to conning tower.
- Increased dive time
- Increased CG height
- Removed deckgun and snorkel upgrades
- Removed Fumo-29 radar upgrade

Good work! :up:

Koranis 02-19-16 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kobiwaldi (Post 2382770)

I changed it but it doesn't appear in game. I'm currently in patrol, maybe I should get back to port in order to see the changes?

Sjizzle 02-20-16 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koranis (Post 2382854)
I changed it but it doesn't appear in game. I'm currently in patrol, maybe I should get back to port in order to see the changes?

to change the captain name and u-boat nr u need to go to \SH5\MODS\1. The Wolves of Steel 1.05\data\Applications\OptionsFileEditorViewer

open the option file viewer application and then go to the ship journal tab and from there u can change it

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/9e4...o9p73j7azg.jpg

Sjizzle 02-20-16 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2382757)
Is there somehow possible to extend radio antenna from periscope depth?
It seems weird to not to be able to send message with VIIA from sero thiefe :)

nope u can not send radio massage when u are at periscope depth or snorkel depth .... it not realistic in WWII also they need it to surface the boat to send radio messages

DrJones 02-20-16 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2382715)
idk if somebody can implement this tool in TWoS this tools it is in MagUI it's damn helpful for interception :D

Hey Sjizzle,

just thinking....is it still working in the magui as shown in this video? Must have a look at it...

Best Regards

DrJones

Koranis 02-20-16 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2382862)
to change the captain name and u-boat nr u need to go to \SH5\MODS\1. The Wolves of Steel 1.05\data\Applications\OptionsFileEditorViewer

open the option file viewer application and then go to the ship journal tab and from there u can change it

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/9e4...o9p73j7azg.jpg

I did exactly that and it's still the same. The captain's name and the u-boat's number both appear changed if I reopen the file (DarkWraithUserOptions) but it doesn't change in game. I'm heading back to port now, anyway, maybe it will change at the beginning of the new patrol.