SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Tonci87 09-28-15 12:56 PM

I would gladly help, but my HDD is a bit full right now.....

Lanzfeld 09-29-15 05:33 PM

I just left Kiel and went through the canal on September 30th, 1939.

Ummm....passed two polish ships. One in the entrance to the canal and the other in the canal itself.:-?:-?:-?

Mistake?....or should I sink them?:hmmm:

mikaelanderlund 09-30-15 02:19 PM

I'm looking forward to the new patch :yeah:

:salute: Mikael

dennis1945 09-30-15 05:22 PM

CDT's With WOS

hello all.
first thanks to all for a great mod to sh5.
i'm having CDT's in the opening polish campaign.
has this been an issue recently?
my desktop is running win 10
i'm patching ok up to v1.2
loading the megamod and patch 8 ok, although
i'm getting a message during coping into MODS
having "documentation" having a "source path too
long". and i'm opting to skip it. i,m using resolution 16x9
and i'm not using "real nav".
i know i'm not giving any info about the crash point.
i just don't yet see a pattern. the last one occured
in the nav map screen.

thanks

YoYo 10-01-15 12:25 AM

Hello any ideas for morale of crew? I'm not sure but it looks for me that morale points (yellow dots) missing when I 'Load' the previous save again so I can't use special features some of crew (0 morale).

vdr1981 10-01-15 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanzfeld (Post 2347957)
I just left Kiel and went through the canal on September 30th, 1939.

Ummm....passed two polish ships. One in the entrance to the canal and the other in the canal itself.:-?:-?:-?

Mistake?....or should I sink them?:hmmm:

It happens due to random unit activation...You can ignore them or sink them, it's up to you...:yep:

Quote:

Originally Posted by dennis1945 (Post 2348172)
hello all.
first thanks to all for a great mod to sh5.
i'm having CDT's in the opening polish campaign.
has this been an issue recently?

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=2660

Magic1111 10-01-15 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dennis1945 (Post 2348172)
my desktop is running win 10
i'm patching ok up to v1.2

Please enable the compatibility modus for Win7 on SH5.exe (right mouse click on SH5.exe > compatibility modus > Win7) and try it again.

YoYo 10-01-15 03:44 PM

Hmmm,

the short movie, for me it looks like a bug (AI mod?). I noticed the one time that Destroyer is "sticky" to my U-boot. Today I saw it again. Please to see it:

http://youtu.be/BJuo-yYTGDs?t=1m13s

(it keeps the same distance but always takes my direction....)

vdr1981 10-01-15 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoYo (Post 2348373)
Hmmm,

the short movie, for me it looks like a bug (AI mod?). I noticed the one time that Destroyer is "sticky" to my U-boot. Today I saw it again. Please to see it:

http://youtu.be/BJuo-yYTGDs?t=1m13s

(it keeps the same distance but always takes my direction....)

Good example of really useful bug report... :up:

However, the question is already answered in the appropriate section of this thread...

Bosje 10-01-15 04:26 PM

Hiya

braving an attempt back at SH5 again, with TWoS1.4
quite good, lot of things I am liking about it, which is saying a lot because I cant help comparing it with SH3 GWX. So well done to you, sirs!

one minor annoyance which i have a question about:
Morale.
Is there a simple way to turn it off completely? I find the crew dialogues and gameplay design too lame to want to deal with.
i have some experience with version 1.2 and sort of rage-quit after the first long range atlantic patrols. morale always ends up at zero.

("fix that leak! No Sir, you see we have been on patrol for 2 weeks without sinking any warships, so we will only operate at mimimal efficiency even if it kills us") Kinda makes me want to search for that Luger somewhere in my captain's bedding :arrgh!:

Tonci87 10-01-15 04:31 PM

That gives me an idea for a new crew ability.

"Will to survive"

-all crew stats get boosted for an hour but after that the morale takes a huge hit, your men are exhausted-

Can something like that be modded into the game?

Lanzfeld 10-01-15 07:42 PM

SH3 > SH5 but the mods at least make sh5 playable. I have not yet rage quit sh5 but when I do I know sh3 and NYGM will be waiting.

Bosje 10-02-15 04:12 AM

Erm this may a very foolish question but i arrived at Kiel after first mission, the gold anchor appeared, i ignored it, wanted to see the harbor a bit. went further in, getting close to the sub pens, now the gold anchor is gone. backed up closer to the mouth of the estuary where the 'home base' icon is on the map. still no gold anchor. how do I dock?
when i dive in the harbor i still get the 'submerged' icon, so the icons are there. just no gold anchor.
date is 5 september just after midnight
:hmmm:

edit, after loading the save i made inside Kiel harbor i toured back to the estuary mouth and the anchor popped up again just off the place on the map where is says Kiel (home port icon). So fixed, but weird that i couldn't sail all the way back into the bunker

THEBERBSTER 10-02-15 04:31 AM

Hi Bosje

You should not lose the anchor even when you bring your boat to a stop in the bunker.
You may need to delete your last save and do a re-run this time ending your patrol when you see the anchor.
Your next mission is available on the 4th September at 00.00 Stopwatch time.

Peter

Bosje 10-02-15 08:35 AM

Thanks Peter, just edited my post that i fixed it by sailing back up the entry point but still weird that i lost the anchor. i loaded a save which i made in port after losing it, and continued from that save. probably a bad idea huh? ah well

on an unrelated note, does anybody know what those 3-engined German fighters are? kind of look like the american thunderbolt (?) the one with catamaran body
i never saw those planes before and was expecting more conventional planes above the northsea in sept 39