SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

THE_MASK 04-25-15 01:49 AM

I was watching this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VblG2RxoIWc and noticed that the interior submarine lights look dull .
Here are the lights on my sub . I think its this file but cannot really remember .
Silent hunter 5\data\Cfg\Lights (interior submarine) .
Mod sobers Lights Cfg V10 SH5
http://i62.tinypic.com/optrir.jpg

moosenoodles 04-25-15 08:19 AM

I am going to grab this pack while its here :D Last one I did was sobers and took a while to be um how does one say, confident that one did it right. :D

Even with the WOS mod pack here the TDW patcher part again just links to a how to use it page which I would rather if he is going to create a simple no brainer pack to actually state what you do with the TDW patcher in his install steps instead of using links to the page to read what you do there.

I am guessing or hoping though its a matter of run TDW and patch with the snapshot which If I am correct in saying a snapshot is a image of sorts of what should be all an automated setup and patch system.

Ideal for me a guy who wonders if he did something right or not :D

moosenoodles 04-25-15 12:17 PM

All installed great, tdm thing was no hassles really was easier than I thought.
Finally understand it I think. Ive not dabbled with the other overview config tool that lets you change little prefs you might like.

Any ideas there? I left it standard the game is running great and so is the mod pack. Looks fantastic with Antialiasing up to max with the gtx 970 card.

alien41 04-27-15 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sober (Post 2309337)
I was watching this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VblG2RxoIWc and noticed that the interior submarine lights look dull .
Here are the lights on my sub . I think its this file but cannot really remember .
Silent hunter 5\data\Cfg\Lights (interior submarine) .
Mod sobers Lights Cfg V10 SH5
http://i62.tinypic.com/optrir.jpg

Sober, what you did for the bulbs look white and bright?

maillemaker 04-27-15 02:56 PM

Quote:

It's "First Deployment" and that's intentional, there are no additional missions for that one, just ignore it... The mission is only visible for one day...
Great, thanks!

Steve

maillemaker 04-27-15 03:14 PM

OK, finally made it through all the pages of this thread.

I really like this mod pack. I have played SH3+GWX for many years now, culminating in 100% realism with no map contacts, and while I have dabbled with SH5 a few times I was always put off by the complexity of the mod soup and even after trying to mod it I could not get into the feel of the game nor the interface.

Now, with the advent of this mod, for the first time the UI of SH5 makes some sense to me.

I very much like the "pop up" officer faces at the bottom center of the screen that allow me to access my traditional SH3 commands (plus some new ones).

The graphics in this game are definitely tremendously better than SH3. Very realistic water, and the damage effects on ships are very cool. Realistic looking fire and smoke. I even saw a hole appear in the side of a ship and you could see into its hold.

Some questions:

1) On the map screen, in SH3 there is nice compass/range wheel that appears around your boat when you zoom in sufficiently. This is useful to get a sense of scale around your boat. Is there anything like this in SH5? Do I have to go to the tactical map to see it? I have not used the tactical map yet.

2) I read somewhere you should not give any promotion points to the torpedoman...is that still true?

3) Do the realism settings accessible while in the bunker still work with this mod installed? Or does the mod counter/disable them? For example, right now I have no external view ability. I would like to turn it on for now to see the sights in this new graphical world.

4) In SH3 electric torpedoes had a range of 5km I think. In SH5 they are 3km. Is this right? Do I have to play games with my torpedoman to have him "supercharge the torpedo" or whatever to get the correct range out of them?

5) The German labels on the damage screen confuse me. I know I can click on them and get an English description down below but I would prefer the damage boxes to be in English (or have English translations below the German word). Is this possible?

6) My men are spotting ships at ranges in excess of 20km when I ask for nearest visible contact. In SH3 the limit was 16km. Is this accurate?

7) On the way back to Kiel after Baltic mission where I had sank two Polish merchants, I came across an S-class sub. I sank it with gunfire. While my mission status showed I had sunk 2 merchants, it still said 0 warship sunk even though it showed in the log that I had sunk the sub. Also the sub never returned fire. Why?

For people following along in the thread here are some things I picked up while reading 100+ pages:

* Random smoke blobs in environment: Known stock bug - no fix.

* When using electric engines with WOS mod, engine speed selection (1-5) does not correspond to the user interface, which shows one speed lower than selected. However, engine RPMs reflect actual selected speed. This is a known issue.

* Ships viewed at long range appear partially submerged in the water. Known issue.

Steve

THEBERBSTER 04-27-15 05:52 PM

Hi Steve.

Check out the little buttons in the corners of both the Nav and TAI Maps.

Peter

maillemaker 04-27-15 09:10 PM

Many of the buttons appear to do nothing. Presumably the mod eliminates their function. For example, showing visual contacts.

Steve

moosenoodles 04-28-15 04:09 AM

there are two buttons on the left menu at times in map modes that seem to be greyed out for me also. And I am still figuring out why I do not have identify target on torpedo man's skill set bar when others in WOS videos do. And apparently full real set for them also.

vdr1981 04-28-15 12:11 PM

I'm getting a bit tired answering the same questions over and over again, so please out check 2nd post of this thread...I'm creating small FAQ retrospective...

auricom 04-28-15 01:17 PM

Hi all,

I started playing this mod yesterday after a long winter break from SH5.. Last foray was the 'Wolves from the Deep' mod, and then a long SH4 stint with 'Fall of the Rising Sun'

Just wanted to pass along another 'great damn work' from myself to the author of this mega mod and the authors of all the sub mods. This is my first attempt to play SH5 with 'realistic navigation' and I'm enjoying the additional layer of challenge immensely .. No issues so far with the mod and hopefully the upcoming days will be CTD free

Keep up the great work subsim modders, you guys are amazing.

moosenoodles 04-28-15 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2310209)
I'm getting a bit tired answering the same questions over and over again, so please out check 2nd post of this thread...I'm creating small FAQ retrospective...

Oh yes I see the identity button part now :D, its fairly ok to have it there really because I would use it when its 5000mtrs or so which would be acceptable for a trained watch officer to do. Using it though as you said at 20km is a little sad if anyone would do that.

On a different note, I can not see this question though in the faq.

I completed the baltic operations mission with two green ticks. Then chose to head to kiel instead of just staying out some more like offered on completion.

I dock at kiel with end patrol. There are no new mission areas to click on only baltic operations again. Is this normal? I recall it not being so last time I played. Does one just have to take a new patrol only option now?

Thanks for the patience :)

vdr1981 04-28-15 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosenoodles (Post 2310255)
I dock at kiel with end patrol. There are no new mission areas to click on only baltic operations again. Is this normal? I recall it not being so last time I played. Does one just have to take a new patrol only option now?

Thanks for the patience :)

This will become one looong FAQ retrospective I guess...:D
Next mission will become available on 4th September 1939...You can chose not to dock in Kiel before that date or you can sail first eastern British patrol without secondary mission... It's up to you...

moosenoodles 04-28-15 02:58 PM

i just left kiel and its the 16th sep down the canal.. there was no option for mission in mission options at dock, the only time the items showed on map was if i chose take a new patrol. then the eastern uk one and the scapa flow area one showed up. but you could not take it as a mission.

I need to know if I should dock at the kiel canal yard or something to try again or is patrol to uk ok to sink tonnage or do the uk ships only become available IF i take missions if its at all possible right now :O

vdr1981 04-28-15 03:32 PM

You can dock in Kiel as soon as you start patrol but doing so you will get one negative rating point (finishing mission without tonnage) and those are really hard to earn (you need to sink something really big). Keep in mind that those points are really important for your future awards, new sub offers and medals.
It's really the best for you to do what I told you in my previous post.
And yes, you will always find shipping in the SH world, regardless of missions ...