SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Lanzfeld 10-24-18 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2573944)
I will also try to fix those depth keeping problems for you guys. May not be so straight forward because this is old SH5 problem. :yep:

I just came from the work so my "moral points" are bit low now, so maybe this evening or tomorrow at most. :yep: I have to ask my wife for "special meal"! Let's just hope she'll not decide to use "crew maintenance" instead... What ever...Just not "active propaganda"...:o

Hahahah! Very good!

And I vote for eliminating the preheating.
It should be done automatically anyway and it should not affect steam at all. Just one man’s opinion

gap 10-24-18 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2573792)
It needs only a fine tune up, quite subtil, so that orders could still be given (and not refused) but maybe they could take longer to execute in regard of fatigue/morale :hmmm:

I totally agree on that; orders should take longer before they are fully executed by low-morale/tired officers and crew members and/or, when that realistically applies (and if possible), tasks accomplished by a tired crew shold be lesser effective compared to when the crew is fresh and in good spirits :up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonci87 (Post 2573793)
I think one issue is that currently there is not much apart from fuel load and number of torpedoes that makes the player go back to port. Crew fatigue is just an additional way to mitigate that.
Imagine if you had to return to port eventually because you are running out of fresh water or food. That would be quite nice.

I don't think water and food provisions can be simulated in game, but I thinks silentmichael's interior mod adds food stocks to sub interiors that visually decrease proportionally with the decrease of fuel load. That's just a cosmetic feature though, and I am not sure that Vecko included it in TWoS...

Lanzfeld 10-24-18 12:31 PM

I don’t understand the battle stations command (F7).
It says it overall efficiency is increased. What exactly does that mean? What is made better by being at battle stations?

Is it measurable?

Fifi 10-24-18 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2573942)
The ability is active right away and it will last only while the icon in upper right corner is active (a bit dumb , I know, but that's how it is)...:doh:

Same goes for careful radiomen (or to say better "fast telegraphists" :hmm:) ability and pretty much all others...:yep:

SPOILER: "dud" warning in the description is "fake", but don't tell anyone...:)

But, I have a big dilemma should I leave pre-heat ability available because I really don't like the fact that even steam torpedo will gain range bonus from it. The percentage values are not so high, but again, it still bothers me...:hmmm:

I have already removed torpedo damage related passive and active abilities even though I used quite minuscule bonuses so far . They were too unrealistic honestly.

But, I've added instead new "Speed up those boys Kurt, damn it!" special ability . Depending of his moral/efficiency /restfulness points (call it what ever you like), Kurt will take a whip or silently say "I am doing my best Captain..." without any "No, No" animations...:)

Haha... i have all wrong on that pre-heat stuff! :doh:

First i misunderstood the feature... pre-heat is for increase range, not give greater damage! So in my case, my last torpedo was just as others (but with greater range) and for a 900m shot, very useful...:haha:

Then, i waited the end of icon, and the bonus was gone when i fired :haha:

Oh well, still learning after all this time :timeout:

On side note, you can delete this pre-heat stuff if you want. After all those years, it’s the first time i use it, and for what result! :)

vdr1981 10-25-18 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2573944)
I will also try to fix those depth keeping problems for you guys. May not be so straight forward because this is old SH5 problem.

Unfortunately guys, there is no way to do this.
I actually learned that maintaining depths bellow 180m in TWoS is even better than with old TDW's "Depth Keeping Problem" fix.:yep:
The best I can do for you is to record another video or to write down short tutorial which will show how extreme depths in an undamaged U-Boat can be easily maintained without any speed or manual dive planes controls.

Until then, use my tips from TWoS Quick Start Manual and do some practicing in a historical missions. :yep:

Fifi 10-25-18 12:59 PM

Without any speed and without manual dives planes?
:hmmm: guess i have to try again in single mission.

ÉDIT:

In PK17 mission, dived to 190m.
It seems impossible to maintain depth without speed, or the sub is slowly sinking.
Ahead slow is even not enough...
It sunk to 200m!
I had some difficulties to go back periscope depth (without blowing ballast)

But noticed strange things too.
Around 150m, my inside camera suddenly was side flipped like if the sub was leaning on a side.
But with outside camera the sub was not leaning.
I had this too once in my career, so it’s not new but very annoying.
Then around 180m 2 crew members were hurt! Don’t know why...
I took the hydro station, then exit, and camera was leaning the other side!
Had to wait surface, exit on deck, then back inside and camera was ok again.

vdr1981 10-25-18 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2574133)
Without any speed and without manual dives planes?
:hmmm: guess i have to try again in single mission.

ÉDIT:

In PK17 mission, dived to 190m.
It seems impossible to maintain depth without speed, or the sub is slowly sinking.
Ahead slow is even not enough...
It sunk to 200m!
I had some difficulties to go back periscope depth (without blowing ballast)

But noticed strange things too.
Around 150m, my inside camera suddenly was side flipped like if the sub was leaning on a side.
But with outside camera the sub was not leaning.
I had this too once in my career, so it’s not new but very annoying.
Then around 180m 2 crew members were hurt! Don’t know why...
I took the hydro station, then exit, and camera was leaning the other side!
Had to wait surface, exit on deck, then back inside and camera was ok again.

Did you check quick start manual for tips about depth?

This is what you have to do...

1. Reach the desired depth (let's say 200m) and level the boat. The boat will still slowly go down due to negative buoyancy, right?
2. You've dropped to 205m or even more (panic is rising!)
3. Use some compressed air to obtain positive buoyancy (press blow ballast)
4. Now command 200m...

And that's it...Do not wait too much between steps 3 and 4 because you'll waste too much compressed air.

I also noted that in the documentation but it seems that no one cares to read it...:hmm2:

Fifi 10-25-18 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2574149)
Did you check quick start manual for tips about depth?

:oops: nope
But i will

Sniper450 10-25-18 04:34 PM

starting game

I have downloaded the full version of TWOs and was able to begin a campaign. I then saved it and exited out of the game. Now I cant find my exe file to start the game again?? I even tried ksdcommander and it won't start saying the exe file has to be in the root folder of the game. I go to Ubisoft/silenthunter 5 and there is the exe file for commander and it is there.

Redwake 10-25-18 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2574149)
I also noted that in the documentation but it seems that no one cares to read it...:hmm2:

Where can I find this documentation?

Nicolas 10-25-18 08:41 PM

Hey!, i was driven away from sh5 because of crashes but this last version i actually played 4 patrols without a crash, i hope it continues that way hehe.

Just thinking... It would be very nice to have a 'lite' version of the modpack, with all the gameplay and nothing of the hard on the performance parts, loading times are a bit crazy in my pc, and fps in kiel is like 14, 60 alone on open sea though. i guess i need a new pc some other day.

Thanks for the mod! i like it.

vdr1981 10-25-18 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicolas (Post 2574199)
Hey!, i was driven away from sh5 because of crashes but this last version i actually played 4 patrols without a crash, i hope it continues that way hehe.

It certainly wont stay like that if you mess it up with outdated mods you were mentioning in other thread...:yep:
Shadows are the biggest FPS killer...

Fifi 10-26-18 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper450 (Post 2574162)
I have downloaded the full version of TWOs and was able to begin a campaign. I then saved it and exited out of the game. Now I cant find my exe file to start the game again?? I even tried ksdcommander and it won't start saying the exe file has to be in the root folder of the game. I go to Ubisoft/silenthunter 5 and there is the exe file for commander and it is there.

You should find all launchers needed on desktop after TWOS installation (SH5, KSD, OFEV etc)
If not they can be find in main SH5 folder

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redwake (Post 2574163)
Where can I find this documentation?

In main SH5 folder if not on desktop after installation

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicolas (Post 2574199)

Just thinking... It would be very nice to have a 'lite' version of the modpack, with all the gameplay and nothing of the hard on the performance parts, loading times are a bit crazy in my pc, and fps in kiel is like 14, 60 alone on open sea though. i guess i need a new pc some other day.

Thanks for the mod! i like it.

TWOS is CTD free if observing few things, like no saves when close to action or harbors, no time compresssion over X512, no others mods than TWOS ones :yep:
TWOS is very fluent now that i deactivated high quality sea rendering (strangely sea is a lot better!) and sun rays (seems more close to real life for me)
Happy hunting!

Fifi 10-26-18 03:56 AM

Would be very cool if we could toogle flags on off in TWOS :D
(Other that enabling in Jsgme)

THEBERBSTER 10-26-18 04:38 AM

Hi Guys
I highly recommend this application for SH5.
You will notice a big difference in increased fps (CTRL+F8)

4GB Patch-NTCore Read information before Downloading
Peter