SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

jorca2 01-18-18 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2536991)
Hi jorca
Periscopes can be changed in the OFEV Automatics Tab.
https://s10.postimg.org/78vcflyex/Automatics.jpg

Peter

Thanks for the answers. I'll try to modify the OFEV automatics tab. I hope that it is that and can raise and lower the periscope to the desired height.

THEBERBSTER 01-18-18 03:52 AM

Hi jorca
Quote:

I hope that it is that and can raise and lower the periscope to the desired height.
No that is not possible.
Automatics will fully raise, lower or ignore them.
Only you can set the viewing height by using the Ins and Del and PgUp and PgDn keys.
Peter

jorca2 01-18-18 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2537083)
Hi jorca
No that is not possible.
Automatics will fully raise, lower or ignore them.
Only you can set the viewing height by using the Ins and Del and PgUp and PgDn keys.
Peter

Ok, thanks then i have a problem because the assigned Keys make the noise to work but the periscope moves little Up and down but not all its way

XenonSurf 01-18-18 08:10 AM

@jorca,
when you click on the observation scope it will raise by an amount, you see this grafically when it goes up, or you teleport to it, then it will be over the water already if you are at periscope depth. From there on you can set it higher but not lower.
Not so with the attack scope: it will always be at the lowest state when you go to it. (unless you leave it up when quitting, don't forget to lower it once you are finished with it.)

All this is not like in SH3!

vdr1981 01-18-18 02:51 PM

Hey guys!
If you haven't already notice, Twos v2.1.2 update and standalone package with few tuning are available for download. Make sure to check them out.:salute: You can find more info in my signature
Cheers!

fitzcarraldo 01-18-18 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2537188)
Hey guys!
If you haven't already notice, Twos v2.1.2 update and standalone package with few tuning are available for download. Make sure to check them out.:salute: You can find more info in my signature
Cheers!

Hi, Vecko! Many thanks for the new update.

Is it necessary to redownload the addon mods? I use the oldies VII start, the verifier and the flags remove (when I'm far of the port).

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

vdr1981 01-19-18 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2537224)
Hi, Vecko! Many thanks for the new update.

Is it necessary to redownload the addon mods? I use the oldies VII start, the verifier and the flags remove (when I'm far of the port).

Best regards.

Not necessary but recommended ...:salute:

Pultti10 01-19-18 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2345885)
When reporting a problem/bug/CTD, please make sure to provide answers to following questions:

- Operating System, System spec ?
- Confirm that the game is patched to official v1.2.0 version.
- What is your version of the game ? (DVD, Uplay download, Steam)
- Confirm that you have checked for solution in provided install instructions, FAQ and tips?
- Specify mods you're using and state your mod order (do not type it manually, use "Export activated mods list to" JSGME function).
- If you use any unsupported mods, remove them, reinstall your game according to install instruction/start new campaign and make sure that the issue still persist.
- Make sure to provide as much details as possible when describing the situation when problem/bug/CTD can be observed. What should we do in order to reproduce this issue?
- Upload several screenshots and gamesaves where problem can be observed.

Any report with less details or report like "HELP MY GAME CTD RANDOMLY ALL THE TIME :/\\!!:timeout::down::hmph: !!!" is not helpful at all and it will only cause confusion.
Be thorough in your bug reports so we can diagnose, fix or discard the issue with less time consuming efforts, otherwise we wont see much use of it and I wont bother to answer...

Hi
My game crashes after I make first shot or torpedohit and it scores against convoy. Torpedo can be dud or live, no matter. Repeatedly... I have tried many many times and always same result.
I have tried with saving the game before incident and not saving. i'am stuck.
Against single vessels I have no problem, I can sink them and game goes on as it should.

I have tried to find similar problems solved from the threads and faqs but no luck.

Here info you required:
Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]

The Wolves of Steel 2.0.0
The Wolves of Steel 2.1.1 Update
TWoS Encrypted BdU Orders
TWoS Real Navigation

Win 7 Ultimate, service pack 1, 64 bit
AMD Phenom(tm) X6 1055T Prosessor 2,81 GHz
RAM 8 Gt
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB ATA Device

Game is installed as instructed as mods too. It's uPlay game and it's that 1.2.0 patched by uPlay.

Sorry I can't attache SAVE-file in to this post, don't know how.

Jukka

XenonSurf 01-19-18 07:53 PM

I think this is one of the rare unresolved bugs in TWoS and applies for convoys only. As a workaround, don't shoot first at the leading ship in the convoy, but go for other ones first and then only hit the leading ship. OR: Deactivate manual TDC when shooting at first ship in convoy, and re-activate manual TDC from there on.

Veco has more details on this, I hope that he can crush this bug someday, also because it surely limits the convoy creation edition. But I must say although I know about it , it has never crashed my game.

vdr1981 01-20-18 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XenonSurf (Post 2537395)
I think this is one of the rare unresolved bugs in TWoS and applies for convoys only. As a workaround, don't shoot first at the leading ship in the convoy, but go for other ones first and then only hit the leading ship. OR: Deactivate manual TDC when shooting at first ship in convoy, and re-activate manual TDC from there on.

Veco has more details on this, I hope that he can crush this bug someday, also because it surely limits the convoy creation edition. But I must say although I know about it , it has never crashed my game.

Nope, it doesn't sound like irai damaged convoy leader bug or like anything I have encountered before...:hmmm:

I would suggest clean game installation and fresh campaign start...:yep:

skin-nl 01-20-18 05:23 AM

@Pultti10

Install your game outside your program files (x86) folder!!!!
Mod enabler doesn't like that

Michael

jorca2 01-20-18 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XenonSurf (Post 2537104)
@jorca,
when you click on the observation scope it will raise by an amount, you see this grafically when it goes up, or you teleport to it, then it will be over the water already if you are at periscope depth. From there on you can set it higher but not lower.
Not so with the attack scope: it will always be at the lowest state when you go to it. (unless you leave it up when quitting, don't forget to lower it once you are finished with it.)

All this is not like in SH3!

I think I understand what you say. and you are right, the use of the observation periscope and above all the attack periscope for its correct operation should be used under water, and under water and be able to regulate it. I hope I do not have problems with the periscope route and that I can upload and download it as needed. Thanks guys!!

XenonSurf 01-20-18 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2537417)
Nope, it doesn't sound like irai damaged convoy leader bug or like anything I have encountered before...:hmmm:

I would suggest clean game installation and fresh campaign start...:yep:

Sorry Veco, I must then confound it with WAC in SH3... Good to know.

flymar 01-21-18 09:00 AM

I'm back in SH5 thanks to news about the mod I encountered near the UBOOT boardgame videos:) I have some question and issues:

1. KSDCommander crashes on start (Win10). How can I change captain name and boat designation manually?
2. Is it possible to remove ships siluettes on max map zoom? Or show them only in e.g. 2500m range?
3. Is it possible to have torpedo solution (track) to show on the map? [Got it (map/TAI options checkist)]
4. On the first mission I noticed lots of smoke rendering problem. Going with TCx4 smoke often disappears and start to generate from the beginning. Like it was done in cycles.
5. Perhaps most important - is there a mod for bigger /clearer font on the map? I have problem reading range/angle on 1920x1080.

Thank you for working still on the game:)

fitzcarraldo 01-21-18 09:11 AM

All the saint days my W10 tried to actualize automatically to Fall Creator......I need to restart the PC to stop de process.

I have two questions, mainly for Berbster:

1-How can I stop these damned automatic updates of W10?

2- What is the Nvidia driver for GT series working with Creator and SH5? The three latest drivers don't work with SH5.exe.

Many thanks for all the help!