SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 09-16-17 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandman_28054 (Post 2512963)
Ok, reinstalled, patched, installed game launcher, started game, exited.

Moving to next step

Fingers crossed...:salute:

excel4004 09-16-17 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2512636)
Hi torpedo
This mod is already included in TWOS.
nVidia missing lights (this mod for nVidia graphics card)
Peter

Hi Peter. The table light is always offin my game!? Any options to turn the table light on in TWoS, now or in future? Or should it work already?

alexv86 09-16-17 11:53 AM

Charts missing

Hey everyone,

After updating and the harbor charts mod and rpm hydrophone mod, everything works except when I go to look at my charts it only has the new charts that were added by the new mods, the originals are gone. Is this fixable?
Edit: kinda panicked there, after disabling the mods, my default charts came back.

What caused them to go away, and how can I add those mods back without losing all my charts again?
Thanks

BBQ 09-16-17 11:53 AM

Hello everyone -- been a LONG time since I've tried to get SH5 going again. Definitely put a smile on my face when I saw that this community is still thriving. So I'm trying to do the install -- I'm on Windows 7, so thought I at least had that going for me! I downloaded and re-bought SH5 from amazon digital download, gold edition. I completed install with no problems, then immediately patched using the updater exe in the support folder. That also completed successfully. Here's where things started to go wrong -- this whole UPlay thing. I put in my ancient Ubisoft credentials (still worked from way back when), and it kept downloading updates to the uplay launcher -- but when it was apparently finished, and I tried to launch SH5, it said it couldn't find some browser thing, and stopped right there. I looked at settings, and I selected Offline mode thinking that would help, but to no avail. I figured I needed to login somewhere, as at no time did install ask me for the serial number/activation key I got from Amazon.

The reason I tried to launch game -- I saw in instructions that after patching with Ubisoft patch, to run it one time and exit right back out before proceeding with TWoS. I was so frustrated I uninstalled everything (SH5 and Uplayer launcher) via Add/Remove Programs, and that's where I stand. I think I want to give it another go -- but nowhere in the detailed instructions here, does it mention Uplay launcher, or whatever that Ubisoft launcher software is. (or I completely missed it) Any ideas from anyone?

To clarify, I never got through the step of being able to launch the stock game (after patching using updater in support folder).

Should I have tried to launch the game first, before patching it?

Thanks, and good to be back,

BBQ

palmic 09-16-17 12:11 PM

See ya at bar :salute:

palmic 09-16-17 12:17 PM

I learned to install only audio mods (gramophone music) or main menu video or so.

Do not install mods which changes logic behind.
It will mostly not work.

The best thing behind TWOS is vdr1981 is testing and orchestrating all partial mods for us into one simply installable package of working goodness.

And it's really last reason i returned to this game which was absolutely ****ed up by ubi.
Simply because i was not able to put so much work to compile and test it. It's really difficult to make such mods compilation to work.

That's even good reason to send him beer via donation link in footer of all of his posts :salute:

palmic 09-16-17 12:21 PM

Bbq: i can't help you, but there are many players here which plays with your distribution, stay tuned :)

vdr1981 09-16-17 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excel4004 (Post 2512966)
Hi Peter. The table light is always offin my game!? Any options to turn the table light on in TWoS, now or in future? Or should it work already?

Still can't find the fuse for that bulb...:O: A light hello can be added but it looks quite weird without working bulb...:yep:

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexv86 (Post 2512976)
Hey everyone,

After updating and the harbor charts mod and rpm hydrophone mod, everything works except when I go to look at my charts it only has the new charts that were added by the new mods, the originals are gone. Is this fixable?
Thanks

No because max number of charts is 50 and TWoS already has them 49 IIRC...Before you submit CTD report, note that RPM mod will crash your game eventually...:yep:

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2512985)
I learned to install only audio mods (gramophone music) or main menu video or so.

Do not install mods which changes logic behind.
It will mostly not work.

The best thing behind TWOS is vdr1981 is testing and orchestrating all partial mods for us into one simply installable package of working goodness.

And it's really last reason i returned to this game which was absolutely ****ed up by ubi.
Simply because i was not able to put so much work to compile and test it. It's really difficult to make such mods compilation to work.

That's even good reason to send him beer via donation link in footer of all of his posts :salute:

Haha, thanks again Palmic! :) Should I say that beer and modding shouldn't be mixed? :O:

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQ (Post 2512977)

To clarify, I never got through the step of being able to launch the stock game (after patching using updater in support folder).

Should I have tried to launch the game first, before patching it?

BBQ

No...The function of that step is just to verify that your stock v1.2.0 installation process went OK, which is not true in your case.
You may have problems with your Uplay launcher. I'm sure TheBerbster will be here in no time with some suggestions for you...:yep:

BBQ 09-16-17 12:57 PM

manually installed ulauncher from ubisoft website, created new account, added my key for the game, and then did install. Game would crash upon loading after movie, so proceeded to TWoS install -- finished, and now it's all good!

Muckenberg 09-16-17 12:57 PM

Hello
I also sent for a beer. :03:

palmic 09-16-17 12:58 PM

Dont know vecko, i mix playing twos with beer right now and it's awesome :)

excel4004 09-16-17 01:17 PM

Quote:

Still can't find the fuse for that bulb...:O: A light hello can be added but it looks quite weird without working bulb...:yep:
Hehe :).. i understand, no problem when its not fixed. Better like this instead of weird stuff.

vdr1981 09-16-17 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQ (Post 2512996)
manually installed ulauncher from ubisoft website, created new account, added my key for the game, and then did install. Game would crash upon loading after movie, so proceeded to TWoS install -- finished, and now it's all good!

:up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2512998)
Dont know vecko, i mix playing twos with beer right now and it's awesome :)

Is that you Phillip ? :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5wlYMoxMvw

palmic 09-16-17 01:23 PM

[REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod

One can even find valvo vacuum tubes which was distributed to kriegsmarine at eBay, how awesome would be to listen hydrophone via genuine kriegsmarine tube!

However there's no amplifier for it nowadays, even tube slot to build your own. They are just relics...

vdr1981 09-16-17 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muckenberg (Post 2512997)
Hello
I also sent for a beer. :03:

Wow! Thank you a million Sir. :Kaleun_Salute:

http://l7.alamy.com/zooms/b010afed21...ons-h40aye.jpg